vaporite VR 005

Status
Not open for further replies.

doitsafe

Hello all and hope all is great for you.

Ok here I am a 45 yr old male whom has just got back into herb for my medical condition.
As I had went to a Doc for the understanding of the medical herb, i was told to buy a vapor unit because of the better benefit then rolling. Now I rolled years ago and seem to do fine, so I went to a local shop and had very little money to play with in search of a vapor unit. Well this shop has been around for 30 yrs plus I know. So he showed me the vaporite unit ( and he only had 2) so I bought it $110.00 and went home, turned it on and let it air out., ( clean burn) then I let it kool then started to test where to set the digital number to burn ( with out burn). So i did it a little each time. Well about 3 days later only using 2 3 times a day ( but little smoking each time. I noticed my throat and lungs way hurting, and I was coughing. Well I figured I need to coll it down some, so did that, No go.. still same affect,. Now I was noticing that the little of the herb ( fine grans) was getting thur the whip and in my mouth, so I figured I was drawing to hard.
Well not the case, I put a cheese cloth taped on the end of the whip. to see what was making its way thur the whip.,. Sure enough there it was in plain site.. The small grindings was making its way thur., So I said just put the buds in, and try it. No same thing because of break down, i still got herb thur the whip NOT Kool. So I found Vaporite and contacted them, this was over 3 weeks ago and they have promised me a better unit ti try.. and I am still waiting. I know I have contact vapeworld and I would love to buy a new unit. but I can not. do not have it to spend at this time. Now if I would have asked and searched. I might have been able to add the money $110.00 already spent to but a better unit and things might have been better,.
But in all of this I tell anyone now, do not by anything else but the best. even at $200.00 I could have done better then a Vaporite unit.
Remember as i should have , it is going in you lungs, put a cheese cloth over you whip or ? and see if you too might be hurting yourself.
I listen to the Doc say use a vaporizer, never thought I would have caused more trouble to my self in doing so..
Be safe and ask more questions then I did..

doitsafe,

VapeWorld

vapor.com (formerly VapeWorld.com)
Retailer
Doitsafe, thanks for sharing your experience... Hopefully you stopped using that Vaporite and started saving for a Da Buddha or something American made ;). Vaporization is def the healthiest most efficient way to inhale your herb so don't give up the ship.

Vaporites are made in China with QA being the last thing on their mind.

VapeWorld,

stinkmeaner

Unfortunately even the American made vaporizers are not all using American made parts, even the $500 box vaporizers are using fans, elements, controllers etc. made in China or other foreign country.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
Unfortunately even the American made vaporizers are not all using American made parts, even the $500 box vaporizers are using fans, elements, controllers etc. made in China or other foreign country.
500 dollar box vaporizers? I don't think I've seen one over 170.

The main concern with Chinese made vapes are unhealthy toxic materials that may be in the vapor path. Would you shed some light on which American made vapes that are using Chinese made parts that would contribute to the possibility of these health concerns?

lwien,

stinkmeaner

I am afraid the list would be almost too long and hard to prove but it is clear by studying the parts of these vaporizers that they almost all use some component that originating in China or likewise. Go to Alibaba and type in heating element and you will see all of these small soldering iron elements.

The models I was specifically referring to were the fan cooled digital box vaporizers like the Vaporfection, Evolutions V7 etc. Just because these companies claim to be built in the USA doesn't mean that they don't use foreign parts like the fans, electronics, and heating element. In most cases I dont think this is a cause for concern but I can assure you that these fan based box vaporizers are using fans designed for cooling computers with no filter of any kind, these for sure are not approved for human inhalation.

People even knock the only model to my knowledge with a filter: The Volcano for having an aluminum heating element when it is proven not to get hot enough to release the aluminum ions, only to go into the kitchen hours later and made dinner on an aluminum pan, drink out of an aluminum can, wrap leftovers in aluminum foil, and then take a nice hot shower and use an Aluminum based deodorant that seems into your body.

stinkmeaner,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I think he is referring to the Super Vapezilla if I'm not mistaken - I have no idea whether they use US or Chinese parts but as long as the vapor path is free of lead and toxins, I don't really care where its made.

stonemonkey55,

stinkmeaner

stonemonkey55 said:
I think he is referring to the Super Vapezilla if I'm not mistaken - I have no idea whether they use US or Chinese parts but as long as the vapor path is free of lead and toxins, I don't really care where its made.
Exactly, just because it is made in China doesn't mean it is toxic.

stinkmeaner,

max

Out to lunch
You could consider the high end digital whip units like Vapezilla, Vaporfection, etc. to be 'box vapes', although generally the box vapes are thought of as the wooden variety. As for being made in China-whole units or parts-it matters more who's building the units and what the parts quality is than just the fact they're built in China. The best digital scale brand, IMO, is My Weigh (30 yr. warranty), and they're made in a factory in China. But it's a My Weigh factory, not a factory that builds cheap scales with a cheap design and cheap parts and puts different names on the same unit, depending on who they're selling to. This type of factory is where the cheap, digital box vapes come from, that may be named Vaporite, Noble Vapor, Top Vapor, etc. The factory provides no warranty and that alone should tell customers that parts quality is poor and the vape could break down at any time.

You can get both quality parts and crappy parts from China. You have to depend on the manufacturer to make sure quality is good. That's why a warranty is important. If Arizer or 7th Floor buys cheap, inferior parts for their vapes, they have to pay the price when breakdowns happen. A good warranty means the maker is willing to stand behind the product, and if he's smart and wants to stay in business, it means he's providing quality parts and construction. The company putting out the cheap junk won't get much return business or good word of mouth, but there's always someone ready to 'buy cheap', so they stay in business too.

max,

lwien

Well said, Max and totally agree.

The inference that American made vapes also may have Chinese parts and implying that they are equally prone to malfunction due to this or that they are equally prone to toxic materials used in their construction, in my opinion, is unfounded.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

I do Vapezilla style vaporizers as box vapes and so should you. The reason why is simple: they are in a metal box instead of a wooden box, and they have fans which don't even push the vapor. Infact these fans are in the boxes to begin with because the companies convert a computer or tattoo power supply unit into a vaporizer, I have seen the exact same box used in the Vaporfection as a tattoo power supply and the Evolutions box is a PC power supply.

My Weigh scales are far from the best, you also have scale companies like A&D, Ohaus, Acculab scales which make scales in which are catagorized as "legal for trade" due to their proven accuracy.

Keep in mind that almost all of these vaporizer companies just poped up overnight and they can go out of business just the same, its not like we are dealing with major corporations here with time honored tradition and history. They offer lifetime warranties on infomercials too but it's no reason for me to rush to the phone and order.

You mention Arizer, I'm sure if you ask them they are not going to tell you that little remote they offer is made in the Canada, LOL.
As for the 7th floor, well they are a functioning piece of art, with the use of powdercoated aluminum and handblown glass, but beyond that it is just a heating element and a dimmer, not much too them to go wrong and they fuction great no matter where the parts come from.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

lwien said:
The inference that American made vapes also may have Chinese parts and implying that they are equally prone to malfunction due to this or that they are equally prone to toxic materials used in their construction, in my opinion, is unfounded.
The statement that vaporizers that are made in China are toxic is unfounded, this is infact never been proven. Nobody has even actually proven ANY vaporizer to be toxic with any evidence.

My point in my posts in to inform people that they are not guaranteed a better product if they purchase a $500 digital vaporizer versus a $120 digital vaporizer because chances are they are both using parts of the same orgin. The fact that they are assembled in America is not going to make them vastly superior, Chinese people can build nice things too....just look at what you are typing on, its most likely made in China.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
lwien said:
The statement that vaporizers that are made in China are toxic is unfounded, this is infact never been proven. Nobody has even actually proven ANY vaporizer to be toxic with any evidence.

My point in my posts in to inform people that they are not guaranteed a better product if they purchase a $500 digital vaporizer versus a $120 digital vaporizer because chances are they are both using parts of the same origin. The fact that they are assembled in America is not going to make them vastly superior, Chinese people can build nice things too....just look at what you are typing on, its most likely made in China.
Here's my thoughts on this. There has been Chinese knock off vapes that have used lead paint in their manufacture. VaporBuddy is one, and there are lab results available in proof of this.

It has also been very well documented that cheap baby toys that were made in China were painted with lead based paint, exported to the US, and then subsequently, been pulled from the market due to health concerns.

I have never inferred that ALL Chinese made vapes are inferior or made with toxic materials, but there has been enough reported issues with Chinese made products using toxic materials in their manufacture, that I would rather error on the side of safety and not use an inexpensive Chinese knock-off vape that not only doesn't have a warranty, but has no information as to the origin of manufacture by a specific company and therefore, no way to hold anyone responsible IF things go wrong.

lwien,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
stinkmeaner said:
I do Vapezilla style vaporizers as box vapes and so should you. The reason why is simple: they are in a metal box instead of a wooden box, and they have fans which don't even push the vapor. .
I wouldnt have a problem using vaporbros or vapor cannon.

Looking on their website recently information was changed regarding Da Buddah, they now say some components come from China, but it is assembled by hand in the US.

EDIT: just double checked. It actually says assembled in China, tested in the US

http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/compare.html

Happycamper,

NoSmoke

doitsafe said:
Hello all and hope all is great for you.

Ok here I am a 45 yr old male whom has just got back into herb for my medical condition.
As I had went to a Doc for the understanding of the medical herb, i was told to buy a vapor unit because of the better benefit then rolling. Now I rolled years ago and seem to do fine, so I went to a local shop and had very little money to play with in search of a vapor unit. Well this shop has been around for 30 yrs plus I know. So he showed me the vaporite unit ( and he only had 2) so I bought it $110.00 and went home, turned it on and let it air out., ( clean burn) then I let it kool then started to test where to set the digital number to burn ( with out burn). So i did it a little each time. Well about 3 days later only using 2 3 times a day ( but little smoking each time. I noticed my throat and lungs way hurting, and I was coughing. Well I figured I need to coll it down some, so did that, No go.. still same affect,. Now I was noticing that the little of the herb ( fine grans) was getting thur the whip and in my mouth, so I figured I was drawing to hard.
Well not the case, I put a cheese cloth taped on the end of the whip. to see what was making its way thur the whip.,. Sure enough there it was in plain site.. The small grindings was making its way thur., So I said just put the buds in, and try it. No same thing because of break down, i still got herb thur the whip NOT Kool. So I found Vaporite and contacted them, this was over 3 weeks ago and they have promised me a better unit ti try.. and I am still waiting. I know I have contact vapeworld and I would love to buy a new unit. but I can not. do not have it to spend at this time. Now if I would have asked and searched. I might have been able to add the money $110.00 already spent to but a better unit and things might have been better,.
But in all of this I tell anyone now, do not by anything else but the best. even at $200.00 I could have done better then a Vaporite unit.
Remember as i should have , it is going in you lungs, put a cheese cloth over you whip or ? and see if you too might be hurting yourself.
I listen to the Doc say use a vaporizer, never thought I would have caused more trouble to my self in doing so..
Be safe and ask more questions then I did..
I don't think he is talking about the quality of the vape. I think he is talking about whip vapes in general and how they allow herb to go thru the whip and into your lungs (small grindings) and I seem to notice the same thing with my SSV, thats why its not heavily used in my rotation.

NoSmoke,

max

Out to lunch
stinkmeaner said:
I do Vapezilla style vaporizers as box vapes and so should you.
Sorry, but you're way too late to redefine what's considered a box vape. Models like Vapezilla, Vaporfection, Evolutions, etc. are generally described as forced air digital whip or something similar, to differentiate them from cheaper, passive whip designs.

My Weigh scales are far from the best, you also have scale companies like A&D, Ohaus, Acculab scales which make scales in which are catagorized as "legal for trade" due to their proven accuracy.
You seemed to have totally missed my point, and going on this tangent on who makes the best scales points it out. My point was that it doesn't matter where a product or the components for the product are made, but whether the company stands behind the product or not with a solid warranty.
Keep in mind that almost all of these vaporizer companies just poped up overnight
With that vague kind of statement, you could say that any company anywhere just popped up overnight.

they can go out of business just the same
As can any company, including corporations.

You mention Arizer, I'm sure if you ask them they are not going to tell you that little remote they offer is made in the Canada, LOL.
As for the 7th floor, well they are a functioning piece of art, with the use of powdercoated aluminum and handblown glass, but beyond that it is just a heating element and a dimmer, not much too them to go wrong and they fuction great no matter where the parts come from.
Again, you miss my point, which is about standing behind your product with a warranty, and therefore supplying quality parts, not where the parts come from. I used Arizer and 7th Floor as examples of companies who do that. I could just as easily have used S & B and Vapor Brothers or a half dozen others. As for your point about nothing much to go wrong with a design like the ones from 7th Floor, the cheap, no warranty box vapes have the same design, and have proven to be very unreliable.

max,

stinkmeaner

^^^
I have not used the Vaporfection but in my experience neither the Vapezilla or the Evolutions force any air out, I have used them both. I'm telling you the Vapezilla and Evolutions vaporizers started out as power supplies for PC's ( I have seen the same housing that the Evolutions uses on Alibaba.com), thats why they have the computer fans built in and have removable power cords. They simply hollow them out and install the components, just look at the pictures of the open Vapezilla, you can see from the pictures that they have no ability to force enough air through the heating chamber, in order for these to have any ability to force air they would have to use a pump with direct tubing sealed directly on the heating chamber, simply put those fans were designed to cool electronics, all they do is blow un concentrated air at the heating chamber, that would be like holding a paper towel tube in front of a fan.

Just look at the Components they use in the thing, that black box is a transformer that is designed to be plugged into a wall socket and they are using it on the inside to power those fans by splicing some wires together, these things give off plenty of heat and it is positioned right next to the PID controller, this combined with the heat coming from the heating element on the other side it is not hard to imagine why these things fail so fast because according to the manufacturer the operating temperature of this controller is: 32 F to 131 F.

Here is another so called forced air digital vaporizer, this thing has even less than a chance of getting any air flow with all of the wiring and huge LED cluster in the way.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant on this subject, I just want people to know how inferior these designs are from an engineering perspective.:peace:

I can't comment on the Vaporfection Stealth models but I would love to view the inside of one th see how they stack up considering the high price.

stinkmeaner,

VaporBud

Nice pics and post, I would like to see inside more vape's. I will be having a look inside my NG vape once i receive.

VaporBud,

stinkmeaner

VaporBud said:
Nice pics and post, I would like to see inside more vape's. I will be having a look inside my NG vape once i receive.
Yes open that bad boy up when you get it! I wish you still had the Aromed, I have yet to find a pic of the guts on that thing. Did you see what I meant about the Transformer plug? I just can't get over the fact they would cut one of those things from a power cord, splice it up and stick it in a $550 vaporizer.

Here are some more photos I found online of some models:

Here is the newer Volcano design (post 2007) there is also a Youtube video where a guy takes one apart. As you can see they are really well built.

Older model Volcano, notice the difference in the tubing.

Extreme vaporizer, this looks to be built well also.

Vapolution, really simple design with just a heating element attached to a dimmer with a LED light.

stinkmeaner,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom