Vaporgenie Bat vs Vaporgenie Classic (pros and cons)

gb902

Vaporog
Hi guys, I have continued to use my bat and practicing, but I am not very satisfied with it.
Now I am reading many bad comments by unsatisfied people, and consider myself one of them.
The worst thing is that I resumed to use my Ubie (stronger effect with less amount of herb), so now the bat seems only a piece of collection to me, not a very functional vaporizer.

Here many vaporists say that the classic wood genies are great also with small amounts, and they work well with smaller candle-flames so I am wondering if I could abandon my bat and buy a classic one...
What do you think, it would be worth it? Is there a big difference between the 2 models?

Thanks

gb902,

Ztob

gb902 said:
Hi guys, I have continued to use my bat and practicing, but I am not very satisfied with it.
Now I am reading many bad comments by unsatisfied people, and consider myself one of them.
The worst thing is that I resumed to use my Ubie (stronger effect with less amount of herb), so now the bat seems only a piece of collection to me, not a very functional vaporizer.

Here many vaporists say that the classic wood genies are great also with small amounts, and they work well with smaller candle-flames so I am wondering if I could abandon my bat and buy a classic one...
What do you think, it would be worth it? Is there a big difference between the 2 models?

Thanks
I have both pipes you mention and love the bat. It has a big learning curve that is worth learning. Vapor clowds are the norm with mine, and no burn. Have the glass VG; that must have been made in Heaven.
Well you know the bat is more portable but the classic is easier to make vapor. Not trying to suck the flame around a corner and not being transfered to the aluminum body like the bat. Personally I really like the bat to the point of maybe ordering one for a spare. Hey good luck with vapor,
I think the other pipe style ones are nicer that the classic, like the one with the aluminum body or hand carved.

Ztob,
Ztob said:
gb902 said:

Thanks
I have both pipes you mention and love the bat. It has a big learning curve that is worth learning. Vapor clowds are the norm with mine, and no burn. Have the glass VG; that must have been made in Heaven.
Well you know the bat is more portable but the classic is easier to make vapor. Not trying to suck the flame around a corner and not being transfered to the aluminum body like the bat. Personally I really like the bat to the point of maybe ordering one for a spare. Hey good luck with vapor,
I think the other pipe style ones are nicer that the classic, like the one with the aluminum body or hand carved.

Want one for a spare? Buy mine.

I have a VG classic and a VG bat. The good thing about the bat is that it's virtually impossible to combust, the drawbacks are that it gets hot as F***, has a high learning curve, and is practically useless for multiple people. The VG classic suffers from none of these drawbacks, and it's only drawback in my book is that it's appearance is a little goofy, which is remedied by buying a far better looking Handcarved VG at a reasonable price from the vapor genie people. There's a slight learning curve, combustion is possible, vapor clouds are virtually assured, you will never, ever get it hot enough to be uncomfortable outside of the metal bowl and rim (a non issue).

VG bat should of never made it to production in its current state, imo. The only thing saving it from being the worst commercial vape I've ever tried is the Voodoo, which was a complete trainwreck.

Also consider that the bat, if hit horizontal with the ground, is letting your material fall so that it, too, is horizontal, being hit unevenly. The only way to reasonably fix that is A) vaporize while tipping your head back (fun!) or B) fill the bowl up to bejeezus, everytime, and not use small amounts (not always an option, VG.)

Shenanigans!

charliedontsurf,

gb902

Vaporog
Thanks for replies, very helpful.
However I would to know particularly how is the classic VG with very small quantities (like 0.05g or so, how I usually do with my Ubie), and if it works well with a smaller flame.
Unfortunately the bat works well only with a big flame and big quantities, and the consumption is too high for me.
Any thoughts?

gb902,

danalee48

However I would to know particularly how is the classic VG with very small quantities (like 0.05g or so, how I usually do with my Ubie), and if it works well with a smaller flame.
Unfortunately the bat works well only with a big flame and big quantities, and the consumption is too high for me.
Any thoughts?

The classic works quite well with small quantities! I used to pack very minimalistic bowls in my classic and it would work flawlessly. Small flames are still not the best for any VG, but the classic will work with a small-ER flame. Not a tiny flame, but smaller is alright.

danalee48,
danalee48 said:
Any thoughts?

The classic works quite well with small quantities! I used to pack very minimalistic bowls in my classic and it would work flawlessly. Small flames are still not the best for any VG, but the classic will work with a small-ER flame. Not a tiny flame, but smaller is alright.

She's quite right, it works really awesome for pinches. It kind of nukes it beautifully in one hit if it's a small amount, which is very nice. Ital-wick and beeline size flames are usually too small to work effectively, a bic really is the way to go for the vg classic - the style of the bowl makes using jet lighters pretty sketchy.

charliedontsurf,

gb902

Vaporog
Thanks guys, you are helping me a lot to make the right choice.
The design of the bat seems to be beautiful, but not functional, while the classic one seems to have a more functional design. They have a lot of things different, like the bowl size, the distance between the flame and the filter, and between the bowl and the mouth.

I have an important question about the bowl size: I know that the bat has the same as the handcarved VG, and I've read (on their official website) that it's only deeper than the classic.
Does they differ also in width, or only in depth (between the classic and the handcarved)?

gb902,
gb902 said:
Thanks guys, you are helping me a lot to make the right choice.
The design of the bat seems to be beautiful, but not functional, while the classic one seems to have a more functional design. They have a lot of things different, like the bowl size, the distance between the flame and the filter, and between the bowl and the mouth.

I have an important question about the bowl size: I know that the bat has the same as the handcarved VG, and I've read (on their official website) that it's only deeper than the classic.
Does they differ also in width, or only in depth (between the classic and the handcarved)?

Only in depth. The aluminum bat filter will screw right onto the VG classic bottom and vice versa. It uses the standard thread size of every nose burner pipe in existence - you can actually screw the filters onto standard metal pipe bowls.

The VG classics bowl is plenty deep for my needs, honestly. I've never once wanted for more.

charliedontsurf,

gb902

Vaporog
Thanks for the help!! I have yet ordered the classic "black" model, wonderful!!!

gb902,
Top Bottom