Vaporgenie bat, how to reduce the bowl size?

gb902

Vaporog
Hi guys, I recently bought a VG bat and it's very nice, reliable and well made but... Since I vape with it, my consumption is too high. It is due to the moster bowl, in fact in other vapes I used to load about 0.05g.
Unfortunately I can't do that with the bat, because the air path is very large, so it requires a big flame and a consistent amount of herb to work properly.
I would find a way to reduce the bowl size, so I can continue to enjoy small amounts with this beautiful vape...
I have some ideas, but my big concern is:
I would to find something (for example, a steel nut) that snug inside of the threaded part of the flame filter, or in the mouthpiece, but I don't know where to find a material that is inert and harmless, and easily found?
Any thoughts?

(To the moderators: please don't merge this topic with the official Vaporgenie thread, because I have yet posted the question, but it's difficult to start a specific discussion there. Thanks)

Modnote: It won't get merged because you used a descriptive title. ;)

gb902,

gim

A glass insert or bead would be the best thing to replace a nut made of some unknown metal compound.
(assuming you're using it to reduce the air path)

gim,

gb902

Vaporog
I would to reduce the bowl instead of the air path, and a glass piece would be too easy to break.

Here is my first attempt:
I read on Wikipedia that steel nuts can have a thin coating (probably very dangerous if vaped), so I found a steel nut slightly larger than the inner part of teh filter piece, and polished to make it round and remove all the coating. I used only a metal file and a sandpaper to remove the metal chips and make it smoother.

Here are some photos (taken with a 2mpx cellphone, sorry for the bad quality):(

I would to reduce the bowl instead of the air path, and a glass piece would be too easy to break.

Here is my first attempt:
I read on Wikipedia that steel nuts can have a thin coating (probably very dangerous if vaped), so I found a steel nut slightly larger than the inner part of teh filter piece, and polished to make it round and remove all the coating. I used only a metal file and a sandpaper to remove the metal chips and make it smoother.

Here are some photos (taken with a 2mpx cellphone, sorry for the bad quality):(

VG2.jpg

VG1.jpg

Unfortunately there are some problems:
1. I have polished too much, so the nut doesn't stay fixed in the filter piece.
2. It doesn't reach the screen, so it only reduces a bit the air path and the bowl still the same (sorry but I can't explain better).

For the next attempt I will try to make a similar piece, but a slightly large to screw into the mouthpiece, so it reaches the screen, and it will be possible to load the bat in the normal way.

gb902,
Top Bottom