Vapor daddy with water filter.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hey there fellow vap heads ... I've had my vapor daddy for 6 months now and ihave set her up with a water filter.

Its a home made water filter with a glass slide fitted to a small plastic juice bottle. I simply hold the end of the whip ... minus any glass mouth piece ... into the glass slide.

At some stage I will upgrade the crude plastic bottle with a nice glass bong but its hard to justify the expense and at this stage I'd rather put the $$$ towards a Buddha.

I love the way the water never changes colour ... and never ends up with any burnt debrie.

My sessions usually start with a straight whip to lungs delivery but by the 3rd or 4th hit I introduce the water filter.

I really like the look of the extreme vaporiser to. I watched the vids on youtube and it was impressive.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
I had a Vapor Daddy for a while. It's a nice box. As an SSV owner, I'd have to agree with passing on the bong expense in favor of sending your $ to 7th Floor. If that tubing in your pic started out clear 6 months ago, you've been doing some serious vaping. :lol:

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vapor_cloud said:
Hey there fellow vap heads ... I've had my vapor daddy for 6 months now and ihave set her up with a water filter.

Its a home made water filter with a glass slide fitted to a small plastic juice bottle. I simply hold the end of the whip ... minus any glass mouth piece ... into the glass slide.

[url]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7375/vapordaddygx3.th.jpg[/url]

At some stage I will upgrade the crude plastic bottle with a nice glass bong but its hard to justify the expense and at this stage I'd rather put the $$$ towards a Buddha.

I love the way the water never changes colour ... and never ends up with any burnt debrie.

My sessions usually start with a straight whip to lungs delivery but by the 3rd or 4th hit I introduce the water filter.

I really like the look of the extreme vaporiser to. I watched the vids on youtube and it was impressive.
totaly agree with you ;) your better to put your $ on da budda or any other vap than on a gong bong but ?! I'm sure your set up work fine anyway LOL just a lil weird to watch ;) but a lot better than smoking

Clear_Dome,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
max said:
. If that tubing in your pic started out clear 6 months ago, you've been doing some serious vaping. :lol:
hahaha yeah its gotten pretty dark. Has been used to vap herbal blends too like spice gold ...but lately its been all MJ!

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Clear_Dome said:
totaly agree with you ;) your better to put your $ on da budda or any other vap than on a gong bong but ?! I'm sure your set up work fine anyway LOL just a lil weird to watch ;) but a lot better than smoking
It does look funny because you have to suck from the top mouth opening. As I said I do use straight whip >>> mouth >>> lungs too becuase you get more flavour but the water filter allows big smooth hits and I like it you can see the vapor building up in the bottle before releasing the carby.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
I had a Vapor Daddy for a while. It's a nice box. As an SSV owner, I'd have to agree with passing on the bong expense in favor of sending your $ to 7th Floor. If that tubing in your pic started out clear 6 months ago, you've been doing some serious vaping. :lol:
Can you elaborate on why the Vapor Daddy isn't as good as the SSV? I mean, it's quite similar from the point of view of someone who's never used one.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
Can you elaborate on why the Vapor Daddy isn't as good as the SSV? I mean, it's quite similar from the point of view of someone who's never used one.
The Vapor Daddy is pretty representative of the typical box vape.

The drawbacks IMO, compared to the SSV and DB, are light weight, bad 'dump your load on the heater cover' angle (for most models), and most importantly (to me anyway), you're pulling air through the guts of the unit.

The light weight and bad heater angle may be related. A guy at Vaporwarez told me that they designed the angle of the heater cover to help prevent users from shoving the lightweight box around during use. This is no longer an issue on the hands free unit, but some people (including me) don't want hands free. The fact that he also confirmed their box works fine upside down or on its side backs up his reason for the angle. But who wants to buy a vape that you have to modify the heater angle on, or be careful to load and pack the bowl so the contents won't fall out? A lot of people apparantly. They continue to sell.

I still have a box vape I bought a couple of years ago that beats the typical design on weight and heater angle. It's the Vaporlight, which hasn't been available for almost a year now. It has good weight (3 lbs), a horizontal heater angle, and uses a halogen bulb for a heater, just like the Aromed. It's still going on the original bulb, but when it finally burns out, you just install another 35W bulb, available most anywhere for $5 at most.

http://www.amazon.com/Vaporlight-Vaporizer-LL-1-Loose-VaporLight/dp/B000CSOLIM

Why was it not successful? My theory is marketing. It sold for slightly more than the Vaporcannon and Vapor Bros., but the advantages were worth the extra $ IMO. But the maker never did any web advertising as far as forum sponsoring or selling on ebay. Ebay is especially important for exposure. How many V-Towers would have been sold with just a website that nobody knew was there and didn't even offer on-line sales? If anyone didn't see the original arizer.com, it was just a pic showing the unit and various parts, with a phone number and email address.

Obviously the 7th Floor vapes are an improvement in the weight and heater angle aspects over the standard box design. The other big difference is that the air flow only goes through the top part of the heater cover. Tom (Purple-Days) has pointed out the dangers of lead components in vapes, even the fact that most brass contains lead. I know of no other vape maker that advertises lead free circuitry, so a vapor path that avoids the guts of the vape is a big plus IMO. In view of the recent discoveries of lead paint on millions of toys shipped into the US by Chinese companies, you can bet that the cheap Chinese vapes that have been flooding the market lately are made as cheaply as possible. And I guarantee they're not spending the extra $ necessary to buy lead free components. These vapes could potentially be more dangerous than smoking. The Chinese ripoff of the Vapor Genie, the VaporBuddy, has been tested for lead content and found to contain high levels of lead in the paint, even in the bowl area. Certainly products made in China are cheaper, but they can be dangerous too. We also got a lot of poisoned pet food from them last year.

I'm not saying the Vapor Daddy is made in China. It's been around for years, like the Pure Vaporizer and iVape, among others. But none of these vapes have a manufacturer's website, so who knows where they're made and what's in them? And even if you could contact the makers, they could just say, 'sure we're lead free'. You'd have to take their word for it, or send it off to have it tested, which would most likely cost you more than you paid for the vape.

So for ergonomics and especially safety, I think the DB and SSV are worth the extra money over your standard box vapes. Every time I see someone on a vape forum say 'I just got my $49.95 VP-100 (or whatever) off ebay', I want to ask, 'do you know what's inside that box? Do you know who makes it?' 'Does the manufacturer care about your health?' The old saying 'you get what you pay for' doesn't mean you have to spend $500 on a vape, but when you consider a box vape with electronics and glass (with no warranty) selling for the same price as a Vapor Genie.....

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Wow ... thats some reply max ... thanks for taking the time to post such informative info. I know when I bought my Vapor Daddy I wasn't aware vaps had moved on from the BC dome/conduction styles. I thought it was a BC or a $1100 'cano I couldn't justify the inefficiency for $160 or expense of $1100. SOme research uncovered the new generation of convection style vaps ... I saw a local headshop sold the VD and Vapor Bros ... the VD was $50 cheaper ... and I was like a pig in shit!!! Thanks to this introduction I'm now a complete vap head ... and soak up every littlebit of info about vaporizers I can (trying to get into the habit of spelling vaporiZers with a Zzzzzzz) :lol:

For me the reason why I'd like a SSV or DB is pretty much summed up by max. I know if I could get one locally I'd prolly go buy one on Monday ... but seeing (at this stage) I have to import one I'm balking on that. I could go and buy a $200 Vaporite which has a ceramic heater and digital heat control ... but its still a box vap ... made in china therefore it still has the issues described above by max. And so far the VD is forfulling my needs. And after all ... I spent 20 years smoking thru dodgy plastic bongs with brass cones and butane lighters so the health benfits IMO of the Vapor Daddy far out weight my previous smoking habits. But I know I could go that next step with a 7th floor product.

:leaf:

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Excellent post, max. That really sums up a lot of my thoughts, especially regarding all the Chinese dollar store vapes being pushed on unwitting consumers. The vaporizer industry is an ugly beast, probably 90% of the stuff out there is utter garbage and potentially dangerous.

The downward angle of the box style vapes was always a mystery to me, interesting to hear some background on that.

Damn it, have to finish this post later.

vtac,

vaporGene

The Vapor Tower has really well designed whip, but at $199 is probably not
worth it. I just wonder why other box vapes haven't copied the compartment
style-whip?

vaporGene,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
2 part whips you mean?

They have. VaporWarez offers a heavy duty and 'light duty' 2 piece whip (for easy screen removal).

I agree the VaporTowers wand does look the best. I'd like to order one some day but they are 39.99$ by themselves IIRC. I still have my original wand from almost a year ago.

SpiralArchitect,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I love my box vape. I have a vaporbros but I am gonna have to agree with you guys, the upward angle of the heater is a little annoying when using handsfree whips but when I use the regular whips I don't usually go above 90 degrees when I'm taking a hit which is why I didn't really care. Also as for the airpathway going through the guts vaporbrothers.com said they tested the air that came out of the heater and found it to be 100% toxin free. Also why would room temperature air passing over the electronics produce toxins? Maybe one day I'll think about getting a ssv but next on my list is a purple days. Sorry if it offends, and maybe someone could enlighten me on tese facts.

P.S. Aren't the da buddhas from 7th floor made in china? A little ironic to me if you think about it.

wowthisisrandom,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
wowthisisrandom said:
I love my box vape. I have a vaporbros but I am gonna have to agree with you guys, the upward angle of the heater is a little annoying when using handsfree whips but when I use the regular whips I don't usually go above 90 degrees when I'm taking a hit which is why I didn't really care. Also as for the airpathway going through the guts vaporbrothers.com said they tested the air that came out of the heater and found it to be 100% toxin free. Also why would room temperature air passing over the electronics produce toxins? Maybe one day I'll think about getting a ssv but next on my list is a purple days. Sorry if it offends, and maybe someone could enlighten me on tese facts.

P.S. Aren't the da buddhas from 7th floor made in china? A little ironic to me if you think about it.
look at the date of the posts man, the DBV was made in the USA back then.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom