Vapor brothers hands free - temp settings with bong?

ledzepploid

What temperature settings should I be using on the vapor brothers? The manual recommends full heat for 5 minutes then middle heat for hitting. Is this too high? Also I am using it in conjunction with a ehle 250ml bong. I am still playing with the temp settings, though mostly I seem to end up with it either too high or too low.

I think there are quite a few variables:

The duration of warm up.
The temp setting during warm up.
The amount you pull.
The frequency you pull.
The amount of time its actually turned on.

I'm having trouble getting it right. I could really do with hearing what others are doing. :brow:

Cheers

ledzepploid,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I like to set my vaporbros between the first and second lines. Its about 11 o clock on it. I let it warm up for about like 10 minutes and then start rippin through the bong. I don't like to put it on full strength then turn it down because you don't know when its fully cool and there's more chance for burning. Check your bowl and if its dark brown or black then put your temp down. I start out pulling slow and then fast, you should start to see blueish vapor. If its more cloudy stop to check your not charring or burning. Once again it should be light brown, not black. I have a 3 foot bong so I usually wait for it to fill up with vapor then I stop to take a breath. Afterwards I clear it in all one hit. Hope this helped but remember the knobs are different and a little experimenting will help you figure this out.

wowthisisrandom,

max

Out to lunch
The duration of warm up.
This would only be a factor at the beginning. Give it 5 min. and you're sure to have full heat.

The temp setting during warm up.
See above. If you're not rushing it, setting it high/max at the start is not a factor. What would be a factor here is if you set it high and then don't wait long enough for it to cool down to the proper vaping temp. Don't rush your warm up and you take these variables out of the equation.

The amount you pull. The frequency you pull.
Always a factor when all you have is the element to maintain a constant temp (no heat exchanger). How hard you hit it, in particular, is a big factor in your vaping temp, and a lot of users who are new to vaping tend to hit it too hard. Hitting it again before the temp recovers is usually more of an issue when you have multiple users. Multiple users also adds the problem of each user hitting it a little differently and changing the temp with their draw. One may get a big hit while the next person hits it really hard and gets little or no vapor with the same temp setting.

The amount of time its actually turned on.
This really shouldn't be a factor if the temp control is working properly. Whether you hit it after it's on for 10 min. or 10 hours, the temp should be pretty much the same.

wowthisisrandom said:
I like to set my vaporbros between the first and second lines. Its about 11 o clock on it.
Keep in mind that the actual temp can vary from one unit to the next, even with the same exact temp setting. It's always best to find the vaping range (low to high) for your particular unit. Also, as mentioned above, the same dial position on the same vape can = two different temps for two different people, depending on each person's draw speed.

Practice makes perfect. Direct draw always has a learning curve. You'll get the hang of it.

max,

ledzepploid

I had forgoten I had posted this for a good while.

Excellent tips, cheers!

Think I'm getting the hang of it now, low heat for 10 mins rather than highest heat for 5 mins seems to work a lot better. I was hitting it too hard it seems, and too frequently - guess I was a bit impatient :D

ledzepploid,
Top Bottom