Vapman

T9R

Sounds even nicer than the Afrormosia to be honest: https://www.wood-database.com/east-indian-satinwood/
ceylon-satinwood-sealed-s.jpg
For sure, I think it's actually considered to be pretty high-end.

And it isn't CITES-listed, which Afrormosia is (or at least was just a few years ago). That's another little plus for those of us thinking about getting one, as I assume we're all tree friends around here. ;):sherlock:

passenger

is this thing on?
I just did, and I think I accidentally used a bit more than I'm used to. Off for a lie down with some Alice Coltrane.
Crush a little pepper and inhale the smell of it (just the smell not the pepper). It works and gets the edge off.

On a sidenote: I feel no VAS since a while. So that's why I treated me with some nice amaranth vape gear from M&D and well, @David and Michael It's appreciated you are carrying the torch! :) Not the new guys anymore, right? Hope pressure won't rise too much and you can just do your thing.

Last edited:

Electrofever

a blackwood lotus could also bring me out of my collecting retirement
I allready said it, but yes !! That would be so nice !!

I will be there to buy everything...the Lotus with the black and walnut looks so nice...also, the new Indian wood...fantastico! Everything is superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the 'Scratch and Dent Sale' idea...there is no shame in that! I wish everyone did that...also, bring back the way old original Vapman's that have irregularities...I would buy all of them.

You are getting big now...its a great time to make that BOOK with all the history in it. Piano Piano si va lontano....ciao grazie.

You are the best Vapman...

I just love your enthusiasm, @Dr. G ! And I totally agree with the idea of the BOOK ;)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
*Vapman Heating Station "Factory Second"

We really thought long and hard about whether we should bring out the Factory Second category or not.

But since we produced all the components with our "stone age" CNC machine, and these were the first parts we produced ourselves and we had no idea about CNC production back then, we unfortunately have a lot of parts that have cracks or irregularities such as scratches.

So we thought it would be a real shame to throw away all the parts as they are functionally flawless.
This, free shipping, and an abandoned cart coupon got me a new station! I had decided the preorder price was a bit more than I could justify, but ~$250 is absolutely digestible.

I thought I might escape 4/20 without new vapes, but this seems great.

I think I'll name it after the bongo player for Wyld Stallyns.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hello everyone, is there a 420 code? Or is it already fixed into the prices shown? I know about the $50 off coupon they sent in a letter etc. But, how about the 420 code? Please let me know.

Also, they are advertising the Vapman middle-piece - Afrormosia is this correct? Or is it the Indian wood?

Last edited:
Dr. G,

warren0728

do you guys store your vapmans assembled or do you store the base and the middle section separately ...is there any harm in keeping them assembled (thinking about fatiguing the springs) ... i store mine assembled at the moment

passenger

is this thing on?
I would leave them dissambled. Time will take it's toll on the springs. Also when it cools down and some terpene oils lingered on the rim, it might get stuck and when you don't expect it while trying to unscrew base and middle you could do damage to the airpipes.

the_hexx

Team Hash
To all new station owners: after some initial complaints about packaging, visual imperfections, calibration etc, how are you finding your stations a few weeks in? Thinking of taking the plunge for 4/20 but, apart from one positive review lately, this early feedback seems to have left a sour taste.

I would also like to know from someone who has both the old and the new stations, is there any difference other than calibration, and would you say that one works better over the other?

coolbreeze

To all new station owners: after some initial complaints about packaging, visual imperfections, calibration etc, how are you finding your stations a few weeks in? Thinking of taking the plunge for 4/20 but, apart from one positive review lately, this early feedback seems to have left a sour taste.

I would also like to know from someone who has both the old and the new stations, is there any difference other than calibration, and would you say that one works better over the other?
Tough question. I'm still feeling mine out but it seems to perform very much like the black one. The black one might be calibrated slightly warmer, but it's pretty close if true. If there's a difference, it seems like some of my VMs make better contact than others; one in particular seems tricky to heat with it. The same is true to some degree with the black one, but less so, and the problematic one heats fine on it. My overall impression is that there might be a small difference but otherwise the green one is just as excellent, growing pains notwithstanding. Caveat: I use mine mostly for flower so it's easy to find a sweet spot. I've tried it with hash and I may have been running the green station higher than I would the black, with enough success to not be able to answer more specifically! ; )

the_hexx

Team Hash
Tough question. I'm still feeling mine out but it seems to perform very much like the black one. The black one might be calibrated slightly warmer, but it's pretty close if true. If there's a difference, it seems like some of my VMs make better contact than others; one in particular seems tricky to heat with it. The same is true to some degree with the black one, but less so, and the problematic one heats fine on it. My overall impression is that there might be a small difference but otherwise the green one is just as excellent, growing pains notwithstanding. Caveat: I use mine mostly for flower so it's easy to find a sweet spot. I've tried it with hash and I may have been running the green station higher than I would the black, with enough success to not be able to answer more specifically! ; )
Fantastic! I am planning to use it mostly with hash, so I would ask the guys to calibrate it so that it runs hotter as per Q&A. The part about some of your Vapmans not working with it is slightly worrying and not mentioned before I believe, wonder if other people have the same issue.

coolbreeze

Fantastic! I am planning to use it mostly with hash, so I would ask the guys to calibrate it so that it runs hotter as per Q&A. The part about some of your Vapmans not working with it is slightly worrying and not mentioned before I believe, wonder if other people have the same issue.
I works, it just doesn't heat as well, takes longer, etc. I assume it's an issue with contact but that's a guess.

I think calibrated warmer is something I might recommend to anyone, both to ensure great hash roasting and also to put more of the lower end of the dial into use. I like to run mine in the flavor zone, but I find that I don't really go under 4.

186°

I don't have the capacity to write a full review right now, but in short: I have the new one and I'm very very happy with it. I can fully recommend it. As well as the VM 2.0.

jbm

So far mine has worked well with both an applewood and an olive wood, I have not yet tried it with a Swiss model. It does take a bit of jiggling at times to get the VM to settle in right, but nothing major. I have not gone above 5.5 on the dial. The same caveat, I am only using it currently with flower. I do not have the black model for comparison, but so far I am very happy with the green.

That being said, I’m a bit on the fence with the way Inhale has conducted themselves recently. I find myself wondering if I would have bought one of the “factory second” stations had they been available. After having received a pretty minimal discount after the price increase, the idea that if I were less loyal to this company I could have saved nearly 100 EUR by buying a slightly blemished unit does not sit entirely well. For example I usually would have just bought the walnut Lotus and VM satinwood right away. Now I find myself thinking “Maybe I should wait a bit till they drop further discounts.”

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident

I LOVE MINE! It is PERFECT!!!! I would buy it...its superb!

As far as the USA packaging they recognize that it sucked and are fixing the problem...soon not to be a problem. They are going to fix everything...they care.

the_hexx

Team Hash
I can see where you’re coming from, I used to think the same up until a while ago; when the Lotus was launched (and before that) there was a mysterious surplus VAT charge for EU folk. I raised that, never got an adequate reply, and this charge magically disappeared not too long ago, but by then I had paid 24% extra on a few not insubstantial orders.

After watching the Q&A it became clear that the guys have their hearts in their right place and their business acumen is sharpened as they go along. There will most definitely be more mistakes along the way but, in the end of the day, if it were not for M&D we’d probably have to pay much much more for these now discontinued products on the exchange.

coolbreeze

I can see where you’re coming from, I used to think the same up until a while ago; when the Lotus was launched (and before that) there was a mysterious surplus VAT charge for EU folk. I raised that, never got an adequate reply, and this charge magically disappeared not too long ago, but by then I had paid 24% extra on a few not insubstantial orders.

After watching the Q&A it became clear that the guys have their hearts in their right place and their business acumen is sharpened as they go along. There will most definitely be more mistakes along the way but, in the end of the day, if it were not for M&D we’d probably have to pay much much more for these now discontinued products on the exchange.
They've done a great job and I admire their adventurousness. There's room to grow but they always make the effort.

Electrofever

To all new station owners: after some initial complaints about packaging, visual imperfections, calibration etc, how are you finding your stations a few weeks in?
Totally worth it !! Even though my point of view is obviously biased, it is a very good addition to a VM lineup, after a little while experiment you’ll find your sweet spot. But if you are going for hash, maybe ask for a slightly hotter setting.

Last edited:

El Magico

What's the verdict on the 2.0 versus the old model ?
Finally when I decide to order one I see they came out with an updated version... already have a hard time picking out what type of wood to choose :lol:

El Magico,
Top Bottom