Vapman

Radwin Bodnic

That's some pretty impressive vapor production! I find that, for me, ramping up the heat ups will more or less always result in compromised flavor that just isn't worth the trade off. I end up getting hints of that smokiness/popcorn taste that I find immediately overpower everything else. And that 'everything else' is IMO where vapman shines the most, with how pure the whole terpene profile comes through. But I think I'm also a bit oversensitive to anything tasting burned, so maybe this is subjective, idk.

I'd be interested to hear your (and if someone else wants to chime in) thoughts on this - like if you find that you can actually still get close to the same flavor even when pushing the temperature. Maybe it's just my technique, and it doesn't have to be either-or.

Indeed, Shay isn't shy with the lighter...

To me the vapman really shines when riding the line of cloud production, between no visible vapor and light vapor. This makes the flavor last longer.
When the firsts terpenes hits are done I tend to heat slightly more and it turns to deliver a more earthy taste that is really enjoyable.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I end up getting hints of that smokiness/popcorn taste that I find immediately overpower everything else.
Videos of wispy great tasting hits don’t get the likes that a big cloud of popcorn vapor does.
Well heated hash absolutely produces impressive clouds in a Vapman without charring or combusting like flower does.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Oooh! I'm still really wanting to, but struggling to love the vapman. Maybe the low and slow technique is where I might learn to love this device.... When I get it right it's a delicious and satisfying hit, but it's probably less than 10% that I get that. I know I have a tendency to go too far with this one for some reason?

I've also just made a load of bubble, so it's gonna get some more playing with...

Radwin Bodnic

Oooh! I'm still really wanting to, but struggling to love the vapman. Maybe the low and slow technique is where I might learn to love this device.... When I get it right it's a delicious and satisfying hit, but it's probably less than 10% that I get that. I know I have a tendency to go too far with this one for some reason?

I've also just made a load of bubble, so it's gonna get some more playing with...
Have you tried flower with the micro dosing sieve ?
Use super fine grind, cover the sieve up to the ledge of the bowl.

The dose will be smaller but if you have the tendency to go too far the sieve will damp the heat. If you take your time you can make 2-3 wispy but super flavorful hits and up to 4-5 thicker hits after that. These lasts hits don't deliver the same flavor, they are on the more earthy / woody side that I do also like.

If the sieve doesn't do the trick then maybe you are a station guy...

coolbreeze

IMG-5059.jpg

Gourmet

The video shows a very gentle heating technique with lots of vapor.
Vapman is about a lot of feeling, it's like a racing bike vs moped.

But I also belong to the team of gentle, almost transparent vapour and towards the end really heating up again to take the remaining active ingredients with me.

The great thing is that everyone can heat exactly as they like.
If you don't like this process at all, you will be better off with an electric device.

I find it easiest to vaporize hash with the Vapman and the metal screens, you can heat it properly because it needs more heat anyway.

With the soon to be available station, it will be the game changer for some and will bring the Vapman even further forward.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I'm still really wanting to, but struggling to love the vapman.
The video shows a very gentle heating technique with lots of vapor. I find it easiest with the Vapman.
VapeLife X! Watching for the vapor to form like he does could really help you dial in your timing.

Personally, I found it easier to just establish a baseline by torching for a 3 count, resting for a 3 count, then torching/resting for another 3 count. If I didn’t like the results, I’d add another cycle.

The important thing is to control for the variables—count, lighter, jet length, flame contact, etc—until you get a feel for it. Then it’s like riding a bike.

I also found hash a lot easier to work with, esp starting out. Harder to combust, easier to make clouds, and even over-roasted loads taste pretty good (vs obnoxiously bad).

Have fun!

Axel_420

I read that Simrell's Vapman Airflow Actuator completely covers the inside of the Vapman middle piece, so it will be even easier to clean. Does anyone know if it is the same with regard to Vapman's AFC mouthpiece?
Do the two pieces mentioned above get very hot during a session? Do you like them?

If the filter on the middle piece moves a little bit could it create problems with vaping effectiveness? It seems to me that as soon as the Vapman had come to me it was completely stationary; now for some reason I can't screw the screws all the way in.

Radwin Bodnic

I read that Simrell's Vapman Airflow Actuator completely covers the inside of the Vapman middle piece, so it will be even easier to clean. Does anyone know if it is the same with regard to Vapman's AFC mouthpiece?
Do the two pieces mentioned above get very hot during a session? Do you like them?

If the filter on the middle piece moves a little bit could it create problems with vaping effectiveness? It seems to me that as soon as the Vapman had come to me it was completely stationary; now for some reason I can't screw the screws all the way in.
I cannot speak for the simrell mouthpiece but the AFC does not line completely the inner of the middle piece. It does not close completely the airflow when completely closed either.

Mouthpieces can get hot but never uncomfortably.
Titanium will get hotter than stainless steel that will get hotter than POM. I prefer the Titanium one even though it's hotter. The whole device getting hot is part of the experience. To me the POM does not compliment well the other materials of the vapman and the steel is too heavy (even though Ti weight is close).

The filter should be slightly moving to make a perfect seal with the bowl.

coolbreeze

No, the AFCs do not reach all the way down and they have a taper that probably holds a good part of the body away from the walls of the midsection.
Idk about the Simrell, but the mouthpieces remain cool. I do like them, and the POM AFCs are especially neutral to heat. The glass stem is my favorite but I use the POM AFCs as my default now. The metal ones are lovely, cool, and...a bit heavy.
I have a WPA midsection that's slightly loose feeling on one of my VMs but it works well anyhow. It's probably a matter of degree: if it was a tad looser it wouldn't work.

Pcloudy

The simrell will get hot but I use mine with hash so I heat it up a bit more than I would with flower. It might even be worse on the swiss ones since the simrell intercooler kind of makes contact with the middle post. I mainly use it because it was expensive. I use a wooden mouth piece on my flower vapman because I like the woody taste from that and the walnut vapman. The pom ones are more than fine. I think I have have had every mouthpiece at some point for the vapman. I have a dynavap adapter and a rww wpa but I havent really ever used those.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I got my Swiss model with the original titanium AFM, and later picked up the Simrell. The Simrell has been in ever since, if you don’t use a spinning mouthpiece on the Simrell the inner tube itself will get noticeably hot, with the spinning mouthpiece you won’t notice anything.

Babette

Hey guys, I have a question for vapman owners about a sporadic problem that I've been having. I'll try to keep it short.

So most sessions are great, but every once in a while my vapman lets out some smoke with this woody kind of scent to it when I'm heating up the pan. And just to be clear, it's not because I've overheated the herbs to the point of combustion; this smoke is almost instantaneous.

When this happens I always empty out the bowl and do a heat up test with an empty pan, which nine times out of ten results in more smoke - so there's still smoke even when the vapman is completely unloaded. I've always concluded that it's probably just some small particle that's catching fire somewhere and combusting, but I don't really know what I'm doing differently when this happens as opposed to when it doesn't... And I always try to blow out the vapman between loading it up and heating, but I still struggle to find consistency in this regard.

Thanks in advance. If anyone has experienced this and/or have theories I'd very much appreciate your input. This is really frustrating as the result of it is basically the same as a regular combustion, and it just brings an element of uncertainty to the ritual.

coolbreeze

Hey guys, I have a question for vapman owners about a sporadic problem that I've been having. I'll try to keep it short.

So most sessions are great, but every once in a while my vapman lets out some smoke with this woody kind of scent to it when I'm heating up the pan. And just to be clear, it's not because I've overheated the herbs to the point of combustion; this smoke is almost instantaneous.

When this happens I always empty out the bowl and do a heat up test with an empty pan, which nine times out of ten results in more smoke - so there's still smoke even when the vapman is completely unloaded. I've always concluded that it's probably just some small particle that's catching fire somewhere and combusting, but I don't really know what I'm doing differently when this happens as opposed to when it doesn't... And I always try to blow out the vapman between loading it up and heating, but I still struggle to find consistency in this regard.

Thanks in advance. If anyone has experienced this and/or have theories I'd very much appreciate your input. This is really frustrating as the result of it is basically the same as a regular combustion, and it just brings an element of uncertainty to the ritual.
Classic or Pure? Sometimes I see/smell smoke still when I use my pure walnut.

Babette

Classic or Pure? Sometimes I see/smell smoke still when I use my pure walnut.
Classic! Happens with two different woods as well, so I feel like it's most likely on me and something that I do/don't do.

Sometimes it first appears as if the smoke is only on the outside, and in that stage it doesn't seem to affect the flavor. I assume that's kind of like what happens with your Pure. But if I heat longer (which is still relatively short) it'll start going through the pan - and then also the middle piece if I inhale.

I should add that I've experimented with using a finer grind, packing looser, adjusting flame length and adding a concentrate screen at the bottom. Still haven't been able to pinpoint the problem.

coolbreeze

Classic! Happens with two different woods as well, so I feel like it's most likely on me and something that I do/don't do.

Sometimes it first appears as if the smoke is only on the outside, and in that stage it doesn't seem to affect the flavor. I assume that's kind of like what happens with your Pure. But if I heat longer (which is still relatively short) it'll start going through the pan - and then also the middle piece if I inhale.

I should add that I've experimented with using a finer grind, packing looser, adjusting flame length and adding a concentrate screen at the bottom. Still haven't been able to pinpoint the problem.
How big a flame?

I occasionally see what looks like smoke but I think it may be wood and reefer oils baking out of the midsection as I heat. Haven't noticed a taste with that.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Babette

beluga808

How big a flame?

I occasionally see what looks like smoke but I think it may be wood and reefer oils baking out of the midsection as I heat. Haven't noticed a taste with that.
I see this happening with my vapmans from time to time as well... An aceton bath for the midsection helps for a while, but at some point the phenomenon is back. So I'm pretty sure it's related to oils build up in the midsection. As it doesn't affect the taste and I don't want to stress the wood more than I need to, I let it just steam/ smoke (or whatever it is) when it occurs again.
@Babette try an aceton bath and check if it happens again :tup:

coolbreeze

1-1.5 cm.
That's about what I do too. I've read people experiencing wood flavor (heated wood, not smoke) though I don't think I have. Maybe you're really sensitive to it? Does it happen late in the bowl? Maybe it's the midsection getting hot and offgassing oils and wood flavors?

coolbreeze,

Babette

That's about what I do too. I've read people experiencing wood flavor (heated wood, not smoke) though I don't think I have. Maybe you're really sensitive to it? Does it happen late in the bowl? Maybe it's the midsection getting hot and offgassing oils and wood flavors?
When it happens it's usually on the second or third hit, and it's coming from the heart piece not the midsection. It's really full on smoke, if I inhale I'll exhale actual smoke. Really weird. I appreciate you trying to help though!
@Babette try an aceton bath and check if it happens again :tup:
Thank you. However in my case the smoke is definitely coming from the heart piece. I've tried heating up without the midsection attached to locate where it's coming from.

coolbreeze

When it happens it's usually on the second or third hit, and it's coming from the heart piece not the midsection. It's really full on smoke, if I inhale I'll exhale actual smoke. Really weird. I appreciate you trying to help though!

Thank you. However in my case the smoke is definitely coming from the heart piece. I've tried heating up without the midsection attached to locate where it's coming from.
Baffling. Someone probably will figure it out. There are certainly wrinklier brains than mine around here! ; ).

coolbreeze,
Top Bottom