Vapman

RxPlorer

I think the "20% off - join our mailing list" overlay is the worst offender. It can't be dismissed until a set timeout. And behind that are two more overlay elements, another email list prompt and a chat help prompt.
Yep. And dealing with all of this on mobile... who has the patience for all that noise? Nah. I'm not looking forward to dealing with that during the Station release.

Edit: Page 420!

checkyourlibido

I thought I was the only one who hated their website. I went there several times around 4/20 thinking about what to get. I ended up just leaving the website because it was too much. I'm getting older and dumber and higher, it's confusing. :lol:

But... I do like the high quality pictures and some other stuff

Dr. G

Old Resident
I thought I was the only one who hated their website. I went there several times around 4/20 thinking about what to get. I ended up just leaving the website because it was too much. I'm getting older and dumber and higher, it's confusing. :lol:

But... I do like the high quality pictures and some other stuff
They are actually working on the website...it is more organized...there are typos but, they are fixing everything. The shop is more isolated, and everything is easier to find. When you press on the menu on the upper left hand corner you go to Vaporizers first and within that everything now is organized. I have asked Michael and David if they need help with typos etc.

Gourmet

I think unless a person is attentive enough to remove the middle piece and adapter after a session, always, I think concentrates are more safely served with a perfectly acceptable 20 dollar ConNectar and vapman left for flower.
This also happened to me at the very beginning, I forgot that I had heavily resinous weed in the pan and when I opened it cold it ripped out an air tube.

Since then I open the Vapman after each use, and so after 4-5 sessions it is briefly cleaned with the Magic Sponges in the warm (not hot!) condition. The pan stays nice and shiny with it, even after years.

Every few months, the middle part and the metal filter is cleaned.
(There is a post further up from me with an adapted filter piece that just hooks in, so it doesn't even need a screwdriver anymore).

You'd definitely be a candidate for the heater station, which should be a new one coming out soon. :D

(from left to right: dark rosewood, ash, pear)

The dark rosewood is my extract vapman. The screens are burned out before use in each case, then the aroma is also right.
(btw. the pear wood is around 10 years old)

I believe that they are assembled this way because the hole in the Swiss Vapmen is not wide enough to let the bowl pass through.
I don't have a Swiss Basic so maybe someone who already have took apart one can tell if the ring hole allows the bowl to pass through. @Gourmet maybe ?
There are the older and the newer Swiss Basics with a larger hole through which the pan fits.

With the heavily used Vapmans, the assumption is that even if they were old basics,
the hole could have reached the size of the pan by now. ;)

I think installing new pans (with the air tubes already on them) might succeed the repair.
In the past, these pans were available for purchase, but unfortunately the postage is often a bit expensive, because it does not fit in a letter.

However, it is difficult to predict whether the wood has not been too badly damaged, so that the screws no longer have any hold at the correct height.

Last edited:

japecan

Yep. And dealing with all of this on mobile... who has the patience for all that noise? Nah. I'm not looking forward to dealing with that during the Station release.

Edit: Page 420!
Well it looks like somebody’s viewing this forum/thread 😉. Just tap the 20% coupon it minimizes now yea!!!!
Also is your classic stamped underneath?

Last edited:
japecan,

Gourmet

I’m always a little worried about destroying the notch when removing the filter - I’m using a 00 screwdriver
I'm sorry I do not understand exactly what is meant by "notch" (English is a foreign language for me ;) ) , but I have been cleaning my Vapmans for many years , neither the screws nor the bore have been damaged so far.
However, I make sure to treat them as gently as possible.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I do not understand exactly what is meant by "notch" (English is a foreign language for me ;) ) , but I have been cleaning my Vapmans for many years , neither the screws nor the bore have been damaged so far.
However, I make sure to treat them as gently as possible

I do not understand exactly what is meant by "notch" (English is a foreign language for me ;) ) , but I have been cleaning my Vapmans for many years , neither the screws nor the bore have been damaged so far.
Greetings Gourmet,

How beautiful your Vapmans are. May I ask when the Rose wood was issued? Can you tell me about it please?

Dr. G,
Reactions: Gourmet

Rainbow and Rasta

I had to ask Google so it might not be correct translation 😉
it’s the head of the screw I’m worried about mishandling
so I’m quite pleased to hear your experience thank you

Gourmet

How beautiful your Vapmans are. May I ask when the Rose wood was issued? Can you tell me about it please?
Thank you, your collection is respectable as well!

I think the first series of rosewood was 5 or 6 years ago.

Later there were a few Cocobolo small series (only Swiss Vapman to date), which I find just as beautiful.

(Here is a small overview of my (incomplete) collection: )

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Gourmet, Your collection is truly magnificent. You have a lovely collection of the different woods. Enjoy to the fullest...I saw that you have an amazing tray for your parties...which is awesome. I recently, and for the first time had all of my guests at a small party enjoy a Vapman. Everyone had their own. It was such an amazing evening and experience. Thank you kindly for showing me and us all of your Vapmans. I saved the photos. I love them. I keep hoping that David and Michael and Rene make a table top book. Thanks again.

VagVapez

Thank you, your collection is respectable as well!

I think the first series of rosewood was 5 or 6 years ago.

Later there were a few Cocobolo small series (only Swiss Vapman to date), which I find just as beautiful.

(Here is a small overview of my (incomplete) collection: )
That Cocobolo piece is jaw droppingly beautiful 😍

Gourmet

Thank you very much.

Looking through the photo folder, I remembered how it all started with the Cocobolo.

A few friends bought a very special piece of wood.
Such decorative pieces of wood with a tree protection certificate can be found
on licensed online timber trading sites from time to time. Usually they are only small pieces, for knife makers etc.

René spent weeks calculating different cut variants to get the maximum number of Vapmans.
Even though it looks square, the sides were all crooked to each other.

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly how many pieces were made of it,
I think around 6-8 pieces, including middle parts and mouthpieces.

And I'm one of the lucky ones. ;)

Photos with flash

Photos with natural light

sorry, my photography skills are very modest

Dr. G

Old Resident
Thank you very much.

Looking through the photo folder, I remembered how it all started with the Cocobolo.

on licensed online timber trading sites from time to time. Usually they are only small pieces, for knife makers etc.

René spent weeks calculating different cut variants to get the maximum number of Vapmans.

Photos with flash

That Vapman is the MOST beautiful of all the Vapman's I have EVER seen. My custom ones do not even come close. It is precious. Hang on to it tight...if you ever want to part with it...there is a price? LOL Can I get in line to buy it! LOL....enjoy, you own the most rad Vapman. Super nice. Congratulations.

VagVapez

Thank you very much.

Photos with flash

The graining is just gorgeous. Do you know if the blanks were cross-cut ?

VagVapez,

fangorn

Since then I open the Vapman after each use, and so after 4-5 sessions it is briefly cleaned with the Magic Sponges in the warm (not hot!) condition. The pan stays nice and shiny with it, even after years.

Really ??
I use a brush to remove the crumbs and that's it... I don't even dare to clean it with a q-tip...

no risk with magic sponges? by rubbing reasonably obviously...?

fangorn,
Reactions: simba

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I feel like people would be offended if I posted a pic of my vappy, the pan is almost black but every hit still tastes delicious!

Timps27,

Gourmet

I feel like people would be offended if I posted a pic of my vappy, the pan is almost black but every hit still tastes delicious!
So it has the natural patina.
The pan in René's Vapman also has a patina, so it can't be that wrong. ;)

no risk with magic sponges? by rubbing reasonably obviously...?
I just clean gently. If there are hard deposits, I remove them with a toothpick.
Since I do this regularly, it's not a hassle. I haven't seen any residue or dust from the Magic Sponge.
But just cleaning with a brush is certainly enough, I'm probably a bit too picky about it. :D

Do you know if the blanks were cross-cut ?
I think it was both across grain (round body) and along grain (middles and mouthpieces).
But only René can be more precise. ;)

Hang on to it tight...if you ever want to part with it...there is a price? LOL Can I get in line to buy it!
Looking through my collection, I just discovered: I gave this to a dear friend as a gift.
I sometimes have the habit of preferring to keep the second best, and I'm happy about that. ;)

But I still have the sensational ash Vapman:

Top Bottom