Vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
Niggles: There are clear machining marks in the crucible. The middle section had splinters in it and if I had not removed the metal filter for another reason, there would have been a possibility of inhaling pieces of wood. There are gaps between the Mica layer and the main part of the body. The funnel has much sharper edges than the old one, though it does fit nicely.
We are sorry about the machining marks in on the outside of the pan. Some people told us that they like them, they are just on very few pieces and we found them to be special, we feel it gives the valman a unique look. Its kind of a unique thing because we cant controll this, it just happens sometimes. The functionality is of curse the same.
If you want we can still replace it, just write us a mail.

Apple wood is splinting a lot while drilling much more than other woods, but we blow all pieces out with a compressor so there should not be any loose splints.

The gaps between the mica and the wood need to be because while using it more often the vapman gets a bit smaller due to the heating, so after sometime (depending on the use) it will all fit perfectly.

The funnel has an improved shape which makes filling more easy... the edges are still rounded I personally would not describe them as sharp.

Thank you very much for the feedback :)

Didn't bother me in the slightest. I always clean my devices before the first use and I doubt that fluff would have hurt me if I didn't. :lol:
This applewood is just as great as my other vapmans. Thanks! Glad to be a part of the BOAT.
Glad to hear that, thanks for supporting us :)

TooHightooFly52

I don't need another mouthpiece! I don't need another mouthpiece! I don't need another mouthpiece! Lol

Oh man, I still cannot believe how efficient this thing is. I use hemp flower during the workday. Man I got this amazing flower, Sour Hawaiian Haze, it's beyond flavorful. The Vapman is the perfect vape to get all the wonderful flavors. The effects though, holy hell, I thought I grabbed the wrong flower for a second!

Pasoa2020

I don't need another mouthpiece! I don't need another mouthpiece! I don't need another mouthpiece! Lol

Oh man, I still cannot believe how efficient this thing is. I use hemp flower during the workday. Man I got this amazing flower, Sour Hawaiian Haze, it's beyond flavorful. The Vapman is the perfect vape to get all the wonderful flavors. The effects though, holy hell, I thought I grabbed the wrong flower for a second!
Where did you get that hemp flower? Is it like or the same as cbd?

Pasoa2020,

Squidge

Butane powered
We are sorry about the machining marks in on the outside of the pan. Some people told us that they like them, they are just on very few pieces and we found them to be special, we feel it gives the valman a unique look. Its kind of a unique thing because we cant controll this, it just happens sometimes. The functionality is of curse the same.
The marks on the bottom/outside of the crucible are not my issue. In fact, they're kinda funky.

However, the machining marks on the inside are less desired.

I'd like to know how many others here receive a similar "special" crucible with such a "unique look"? Can you guys (and gals) let me know, please?

Apple wood is splinting a lot while drilling much more than other woods, but we blow all pieces out with a compressor so there should not be any loose splints.
Loose splints no, but what about burrs? Would some hand sanding not have remedied this?

The item overall is nice, but the above have turned what should have a "Woo-hoo!" into more of a "meh" - which is a shame.

A couple more shots showing the Apple Vapman (with black POM mouthpiece)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The marks on the bottom/outside of the crucible are not my issue. In fact, they're kinda funky.

I'd like to know how many others here receive a similar "special" crucible with such a "unique look"? Can you guys (and gals) let me know, please?

Loose splints no, but what about burrs? Would some hand sanding not have remedied this?

The item overall is nice, but the above have turned what should have a "Woo-hoo!" into more of a "meh" - which is a shame.

Wow, that looks like a Chinese knockoff of the vapman. I would have it returned or replaced if i were you. If there is one thing Vapman is famous for ,it is the immaculate craftsmanship. This is not acceptable,especially at the bumped up pricing.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Received mine today which is amazing since it was in Germany only yesterday.
It looks fine, I don't see any issues.
Haven't tried it yet.

Bolano

dude that hole is supposed to be like 30% bigger
I think apart from the few wood fragments it's fine.
I've just taken apart a few of the original mouthpieces and compared them with a new olive wood and apple tree. The pathway diameters are all the same as far as I can tell without measuring.

I like the new apple wood version. After seeing Squidge's post I took off the filter. There was a little chip that hadn't been removed by the compressor but nothing that concerned me.

I'm a sucker for a good wood grain and the apple wood isn't at striking as the olive wood or one of yew tree versions but I like it. It's got an subtle beauty and it's the only one I've used since it arrived.

TooHightooFly52

Received mine today which is amazing since it was in Germany only yesterday.
It looks fine, I don't see any issues.
Haven't tried it yet.
Damn, mine is still in Germany. It did just arrive at the DHL sorting facility in Leipzig. My Olivewood Vapman does have the machining marks on the crucible but it has no impact on performance and I don't mind the look.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Damn, mine is still in Germany. It did just arrive at the DHL sorting facility in Leipzig. My Olivewood Vapman does have the machining marks on the crucible but it has no impact on performance and I don't mind the look.
I predict you'll have it in two days.

jeffp,
Reactions: Squidge

someTooL

As promised a few pics of the applewood. The wood is special to me as apple trees are all around me.

No complaints whatsoever. I’ll wait to break it in when the power station is made available or retirement comes. I’ve heard both may be right around the corner.

Not to leave out the nice Olive wood

One last of the original that started me down the Vapman path

vapman

Manufacturer

Thank you for your feedback and the pictures.

This cannot be a centerpiece that has passed our quality control. It must be the prototype which mistakenly came to the good ones. The fact that this series of apple vapmans sold out so quickly was quite a surprise to us, at the same time we wanted to ship them all as soon as possible so as not to keep you waiting. So we produced practically day and night and probably due to the tiredness a mistake like this crept in.

This is not an excuse, we are really sorry that this happened, we will definitely learn from this mistake.
If you would be so kind as to give us another chance, we would be happy to send you one of our olive wood vapmans from the custom store (which will be released soon) as an apology.
If you prefer a different wood, we can prepare a Kotibe vapman for you, but this could take up to a week.
Currently we only have these two woods in stock....

Unfortunately we have no more applewood vapmans in stock as we have really shipped them all.
This was a very special apple tree for us as it came from our backyard. This is also why the wood is so limited.

In alternative we can also send you a swiss classic in walnut, but we would really appreciate if you would give our italian version another chance!

We hope for your understanding.

Warm greetings
Michael and David

Squidge

Butane powered
...This cannot be a centerpiece that has passed our quality control. It must be the prototype which mistakenly came to the good ones...
A-ha! That explains things... :nod:

...The fact that this series of apple vapmans sold out so quickly was quite a surprise to us...
Not to us it isn't! :lol: Owners of the Vapman (such as those you'll find here), already know how special a device this is and don't need convincing about it's excellent efficiency, flavour, form factor, etc.

We have been initiated. :borg:

So, when a limited edition is released, it is likely to be jumped upon. In fact, I was the one who let everyone here know it was available (after making sure mine was ordered, of course - I ain't stupid! :cool:)

...This is not an excuse, we are really sorry that this happened, we will definitely learn from this mistake...
May I suggest, in future, you lock the prototype away in your office and not leave it in the workshop..? ;):D

...If you would be so kind as to give us another chance, we would be happy to send you one of our olive wood vapmans from the custom store (which will be released soon) as an apology...
Apology accepted, and I will happily accept an Olive Vapman :tup: Thank you. I will PM you my details, including a copy of the original invoice.

mod note: post split to move off-topic content

Last edited by a moderator:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
No VappleMan yet! It was handed over to a 3rd party shipping service to complete the delivery. Should be sitting at home as I type this I hope! First bowl is going to be some thick hash.

mod note: post split to move off-topic content

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom