Vapir One v5.0 Temperature Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaHaze

Hello all

I am new to vaping, but nit to dope; been a user 15 years. I want to be smoke free within a year.

A few quick questions re my vape, if anyone can help?

I am vaping at about 311F, and getting not much smoke; if I go higher (some sources are saying as high as 365F), I cough hard, and it seems to be mostly smoke.

Does 311 seem about right?? Obviously I don't want the stuff combusting, that would defeat the point of having bought it!

Cheers
D x:peace:

MamaHaze,

MamaHaze

Oh, I am using 311F on the bag, but that's still a bit hot for the whip/pipe.

MamaHaze,

max

Out to lunch
I wouldn't completely trust the temp display. The rule of thumb on digital vapes is trust the high end units to be accurate and expect the cheap ones to lie. Don't expect vapor to be as thick (visible) as smoke either. 365 F, as a true vaping temp, provides very clean vapor-almost all the THC with almost no toxins. It sounds like you're getting high temp vapor at that setting, which is quite harsh. You're not getting smoke, since combustion is required and that occurs at about 450 or higher. Your remains would also be ash if you were getting smoke. After vaping, the remains should be light to medium brown. Even if they're dark brown or black, you're still in the vapor range, just at the high end.

Try adjusting the temp so that your vaped herb is brown, and don't expect huge clouds of vapor with every hit. I've done one-hitters many times, where one hit from a freshly loaded bowl gives me a buzz, yet there's no visible vapor on exhale.

Also, people can be very different as far as the way that vapor affects them. My wife was a heavier smoker than I ever was, back when we both smoked cigarettes. Yet now that we're both strictly vaporists, she has a lot more trouble holding her vapor hits than I do. :shrug:

Experiment some more with lower temps. You know the setting that gives you harsh vapor. See if you can find a lower setting that still gives you brown, crumbly remains, and a good buzz as well.

max,

Frickr

try setting it at 375 heat on the low fan setting and keep the bowl in for about 10 seconds before turning the fan to medium and inhaling. i use 375 as a baseline with mine, some strains (real high quality) i can get loads of vapor at 350 then. then when vapor stops i will increase 5 degrees till i see vapor again, and repeat that process till im up to about 395 on the temp. 395 i found doesnt burn the herb but will leave it a medium dark brown. when i crank it up the other 5 degrees to 400 i find it has more of a tendancy to burn. i dont know how that 5 degrees makes that big of a difference but it does.

also i reccomend finding a large rubber strap like an exersize band. and tape it so that the flap can cover the drawer and go to the local hardwear store and get a larger oring for the top. by doing this, you will eliviate alot of the vapor loss common with this style of vape. if you need some pictures i can show you what im talking about.

Frickr,

MamaHaze

Thanks, guys... I am now vaping bags at 345F, and that seems to be geting me pretty stoned without too much visible vapour and no coughing :)

Tomorrow, I;'m gonna try it a few degrees highger aagin, and see where I go...

MamaHaze,

josh

Hello all. I just purchased the Vapir One 5.0 model at a local shop. This is my very first day of vaporizing although I have smoked for about 15 years. I am very impressed with the experience once I got past the initial sticker shock($175 out the door), but the box did include an extra tube along with several bags. And I didn't have to wait for shipping. The very first use was earlier this afternoon with 3 heads. Wow. I am shocked that such a small about of herb went so far. We were all good for several hours. Then I vaped again when a friend of mine stopped by just a couple hours ago. Again, I am very impressed with the experience. As for the device itself, it seems to work just as shown in the manual. Set fan switch to high. Remove cartridge. Plug unit in and turn it on. After about 15 seconds turn fan to low. Set temp an when ready insert cartridge. Vape away. I found that about .25 to .5 grams of herb per cartridge worked just fine. Perhaps I could have used more, but as time goes by I am sure I will learn all the ins and outs. When done simply pop out the cartridge and turn fan on high for at least 5 minutes or until cool. Pretty straightforward. I hope that it lasts awhile. It seems like there is alot of parts that could go bad that would render this an expensive paperweight, but only time will tell. I will hope for the best. Now that I am vaping I don't see myself ever going back to smoking. I have been looking through this forum and came across the Purple Days vape and am thinking about purchasing it as well. That way I will have a back up in case anything ever happens to this one. Plus the Purple Days one looks really well built. Wish they would have had that one at the store.

josh,

Beezleb

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping. The pd would be a great addition and it uses even less herb.

Beezleb,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
B - The pd would be a great addition and it uses even less herb.
Have you done a comparison with the two, B. If so,please share your specific findings/experience :shrug: . edit: B, thanks for the add'l info (below)
J - I just purchased the Vapir One 5.0 model at a local shop[...]I have been looking through this forum and came across the Purple Days vape and am thinking about purchasing it as well.
J - many are pleased with the PD (for efficiency, stealth, durability, etc.). You may (likely IMO) like it as well. Lots of info on the PD and PD enthusiasts on FC.

Progress,

Beezleb

No progress I have not used a vapir 5.0 but it was one of the vapes on my initial radar and I researched it fully. I have used once a PD.

The vapir 5.0 disk is much larger than the bowl of the PD.
Many of the reviews I read stated that they had little or no lessening in the amount of weed they tend to use with this vaporizer along with it leaking vaper, being rather noisy and temperature fluctuation were some of the negative aspects of this vaporizer.

Beezleb,

Frickr

as soon as i get my pd in i will give a quick compairison of the two. i do find that there is alot of stuff left in the avb since i have made .5 gram iso hash from a quarter of weed.

the vape works, and i would suggest use this vape to see if you like the experience. than start to persue a vaporizer of a little higher quality. just sell it and make some money back to put to a new vape. not to be discouraging

Frickr,

max

Out to lunch
josh said:
Now that I am vaping I don't see myself ever going back to smoking. I have been looking through this forum and came across the Purple Days vape and am thinking about purchasing it as well. That way I will have a back up in case anything ever happens to this one. Plus the Purple Days one looks really well built. Wish they would have had that one at the store.
Glad you're enjoying vapor josh. I strongly endorse your thoughts of picking up a PD. You may find that the Vapir will become your backup vape. ;)

max,

shemp420

The place I got mine from suggested 374 F. I ususally set it to that with fan on low. Then fan on Med and fill up a couple bags tapping the unit here and there to move things around. Then maybe crank it to 390ish for a third bag thats usually popcorny tasting. then I use the bags in reverse order, popcorn to freshist. A lot of times I don't even make it to the third bag before I forget about it altogether :-).

I use the stock bags. i tried to make a turkey roasting bag but had trouble bunching it up around the stem. It restricted air flow.

shemp420,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom