Vapir Mini or MFLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
(In my opinion) Vapir mini is absolute crap don't get it. It stinks, it is weak, it is inaccurate, it breaks itself in few months. It is not worth the price of it. I think the LB is even cheaper, but is worth every penny. A perfect personal vape. I have both and I bought the mini only because I was total vapor noob then and I regret buying that crap.

Also this should be in Ask FC.

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
Seek said:
(In my opinion) Vapir mini is absolute crap don't get it. It stinks, it is weak, it is inaccurate, it breaks itself in few months. It is not worth the price of it. I think the LB is even cheaper, but is worth every penny. A perfect personal vape. I have both and I bought the mini only because I was total vapor noob then and I regret buying that crap.

Also this should be in Ask FC.
The Vapir Mini only smells, in the opinion of most buyers, until it's sufficiently 'burned in', which you can do before you ever vape from it. Inaccurate? Name a digital vape under $200 that is consistently accurate. They don't all break in a few months. Some have been using one for years. Not worth the price? For some it certainly is worth the price. I know one user who's been quite satisfied with it. Is it outdated as a portable. Yes. The Vapir N02 is a better buy. It has a one yr. warranty too, better by 9 months than Vapir's other models.

You're also over the top in saying the LB is "a perfect personal vape". Some don't like it. No vape will satisfy everyone. While I agree that the LB is a much safer buy, and more stealthy, your black and white portrayal of these two models is out of line on this forum, so in the future I'd back off the 'perfect vape' description (for any model) and also avoid blanket statements about the quality and durability of every single unit of a particular model.

max,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That (In my opinion) was meant for the whole text ;) As it applies to this too.

Yes, the smell goues away when burned in, but only for a short time, it gets back everytime. I don't think that is healthy.

Vapes under 200$ are mostly inaccurate, but this one is VERY. Its display temp fluctuates in range like 40C The real temp could be even more inaccurate. I could get a tiny low temp sip and with the next inhale get burned taste.

My experience with it is that it's really cheap made, EVERYTHING breaks on it. Buttons +/- were getting insensitive shortly, display got sometimes crazy, the power cord was shit and stopped working in few months, the battery source killed itself by short, still don't know how. I could go further, but with this experiece I can't imagine unit like this to work longer than a year.

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
Seek said:
it gets back everytime.
Can't say about yours, but that's not true for all units. This vape has been on the market for years, and I've seen a lot of feedback.

Vapes under 200$ are mostly inaccurate, but this one is VERY.
That, also doesn't apply to every single unit.

EVERYTHING breaks on it.
Again, that's only your experience.

My advice (warning-if it's necessary to put it like that), to dial back on the absolute/blanket statements, stands. Putting IMO in the post doesn't really cover the bases when you apply your experience with YOUR unit, to every unit that's been sold over the years. The same goes for your "perfect" opinion on the LB. I love the vape myself, but it's not perfect for all of my portable situations, and some don't take to it at all. I'm just saying that here at FC, we're looking for posts that are a little more qualifying than 'A is the worst and B is the best'. I wouldn't want the OP to consider the Vapir Mini to be among the best portable options these days, but it can provide good service. And I also wouldn't describe the LB as perfect, since it does have its pluses and minuses.

max,

hogleg

Seek said:
That (In my opinion) was meant for the whole text ;) As it applies to this too.

Yes, the smell goues away when burned in, but only for a short time, it gets back everytime. I don't think that is healthy.

Vapes under 200$ are mostly inaccurate, but this one is VERY. Its display temp fluctuates in range like 40C The real temp could be even more inaccurate. I could get a tiny low temp sip and with the next inhale get burned taste.

My experience with it is that it's really cheap made, EVERYTHING breaks on it. Buttons +/- were getting insensitive shortly, display got sometimes crazy, the power cord was shit and stopped working in few months, the battery source killed itself by short, still don't know how. I could go further, but with this experiece I can't imagine unit like this to work longer than a year.

I am going to have to agree with seek. While being a vg lover I had to be more stealthy in my work truck so I owned 3 vapir minis they were the only thing like that 3yrs ago. I stuck it out used them 7hrs a day but man they are rough the smell does come back EVERYDAY and the hits were weak. None of thses babies made it more than a few months 2 were replaced by vapir. Anyways when that job and that need to be stealth small and corded power ended I never touched them again

hogleg,

max

Out to lunch
Like I said, they don't all quit working. Certainly there are much better options, but to say that a model that's been around for years is so bad that they all stink, even after break in, and all quit working in months, is ridiculous, since many people have used the model, without the initial bad smell, for years.

An opinion on two models, both of which have been on the market for a good while, consisting of nothing but A is "abosolute crap", while B is "a perfect personal vape", isn't worth much here as advice, nor is it true. That's the kind of post you see in the vape sections on other mj forums, and a good reason why people come here for info. I think you can do better than that. If not, I'll be calling you out on crappy posts in the future.

As to the original question, it needs qualifying for a good answer, but I'll go ahead and say it should be asking about the N02 vs. the LB, since the N02 is clearly better than the outdated Mini. And as to which is better vs. the N02 and LB, there's no answer without knowing which features are important to the user, since both excel in different respects.

max,

lwien

I've found that for various products, and vaporizers are no exception, that a good place to find comparative ratings is Amazon. While I would imagine that those that post up ratings there are no where near as educated as those here, it still provides a pretty good indication as to customer satisfaction of the average, layman users of said products.

So, with that being said, check out the reviews of say, the Vapir Mini against the MFLB and see how many people give each vaporizer a 5 star rating versus a 1 star rating.

All products will have their share of bad reviews versus good reviews. The thing to look for is the disparity between the two.

Something to keep in mind though. I've found that, for the most part, most of those that post up reviews on Amazon have only used the product that they are reviewing and have had no experience with other products to use in comparison. Just something to keep in mind and where performance expectations become readily apparent.

max said:
....I'll be calling you out on crappy posts in the future.

Yup. I've been called out on a few crappy posts as well. ;)

lwien,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Okay, okay. I get it, that "crap X perfect" was very overanked. And only so little and experience reason given. I try to make a better post now. I will try my best to point out classic vape parameters of them and find some most obvious pros/cons of both.

Text like this is about what I think can be different with other units.

Vapir Mini:
-Heat up 1:40 from ambient to 320 F, I've not measured cooldown, but its like 2-4 mins. The device is well heat insulated outside, so you can have in in pocket or comfy in hand while heated.
-Session takes approximately 15-20 minutes of slow sipping. Effect is coming on very slowly and creepy.
-Restrics airflow a lot.
-I don't know, if all mini do this but I noticed, that the temp senzor can't read some temperature intervals.
-This means for example my unit had some of these intervals, one was at 320 to 370. When set to 321, it heats up all the way up to 370 before it notices its too hot. And it fluctuates between 300 and 380. This was happening from the very beginning and these intervals of temp blindness were at other temps also.

-If intervals of blindness were not present, it would have error in temp range plus minus 15F
-Buttons are very weak, they need to be cared very gently!
-Starts up on 250F, you have tu set it all the way up every time you turn it on (Almost 1 minute of button holding). Its going up by one degree, don't really need to set it that precisely, because the controller is not that precise. 5 degrees up/down could be better with this unit.
-Shuts off after 20 minutes.
-There are plastics near heat source. Not very great quality plastics. Don't know much what exact type it is, but it feels a bit soft (iolite plastic feels much better for a vape). I think this causes mostly the plastic smell. Can be burned out. I experienced it returning every week or so.
-It's old power cord (telephonic one) is a disaster. When that secure lip breaks off it falls out everytime. These wires are very thin so they break easily and it stops powering. Good news is I've heard the've changed this in some new version. Could be better.
-At temp higher than 360 it tastes nasty even if burned out.
-It has a slowly (I remember like 0.5-2 refreshes per second. It's dead now I can't reassure) refreshing temp in F display. Also the display switches between set temp and actual. Has double-color LED that is green when temp higher than set and red otherwise.
-Holds approximately 0.1 - 0.2 g.
-Mouthpiece cleaning is not very easy.
-Only 3 months warranty. No, it does not break that fast.

Magic-Flight Launch Box:
-Heat up 4s, cool down 3s.
-With PA it's power supply is not limited, not-dead battery at 2000 MAh provides 5 minutes of heating.
-Front of the LB can get very warm in few repeated hits. Cools down this way before a minute elapse.
-Holds 0.1 - 0.2 g, pretty much the same as the mini.
-Vaping session can be done in 9 minutes in average. Depends on power input and technique.
-Cleaning of the bottom chamber can be difficult an risky. Everything else is very easily cleanable or doesn't mess up.
-Tear on the fine screen is mostly fatal for the box. Luckily, there is the lifetime warranty.
-When technique is done correctly, the temperature in box is well stabilised and controlled. When not, it can fluctuate as much as vapir.
-Tastes great when clean, the taste is pure with a little bit of natural wood taste. When dirty of resin, it can stinky resinous and is ready to clean. Never a plastic smell.
-Does not restrics airflow that much, but need very slow draw to function properly. Best with additional air inhaling.

Didn't find any pic with direct visual comparision of the MFLB and mini, but this can be enough:
Iolite-vs-Vapir-Mini.jpg

Iolite-vs.-Magic-Flight-Launch-Box.jpg

Also notice that Oxygen when battery powered it's by 12 NiMHs, and they last approx for 4 loads. With MFLB same 12 batts could do 12-24 loads. Its mostly because of MFLB's direct heat delivery, small heat loss and heating only on draw.

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
This has gone too far off topic and too long for a thread topic like 'me and my buddy were arguing.... ', especially since the OP hasn't posted here in over two weeks. So I'll close with this. Nobody is arguing that the Vapir Oxygen O2 is a good choice these days. The 90 day warranty alone is enough to eliminate it compared to the good portables available today, and with the fat battery pack required, it's not stealthy. But I get some inside info from dealers sometimes, and here's the report on the O2 from a dealer who is respected by both forum staff and members. In 6 years of selling the Vapir Oxygen, zero returns due to defects/failure. While that may not be the norm for most dealers (I don't have info from multiple dealers), it certainly shows that they're not all going to break down.

I try to make a better post now.
You did and that's what we want to see. Some of these 'Ask FC' threads posted by those new to vaporizing can be irritating to answer, and we don't want to baby people too much and let a thread go on for weeks with the OP wanting endless questions answered without doing any reading- what we call 'spoon feeding' the info. But not taking the time to give a good answer isn't what we want to see either. We have a reputation for quality info here, and we'd like to maintain that. So make your answers good ones if you're gonna respond. You've shown you can do that.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom