Vaping with Lip Balm??!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay I never really used to need chapstick until I moved to the California desert heat, and now this summer it is especially dry have thing been a long while without rain... Couple that with the fact I have been almost exclusively inside in my room all day and night for the past five months or so due to quarantine crisis (with a roommate who violently insists on blasting the AC constantly, I did try to tape up my vent as best I could at least)...

ANYWAY this is really just a thread to discuss, and ask, what do you do, how do you vape when wearing lip balms?! It is such a tedious game of reapplying and wiping it off mouthpieces lol

:rant: :rofl::hmm:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Shit Snacks, you can call it chapstick as much as you like, but we all know its really bright pink lipstick that you've wearing around home during lockdown.......:cool:

But seriously, I use a pawpaw lip balm for dry lips, I think the brand is called Lucas, it comes in a red tube. It does a deep rehydration of your kissie bits and lessens the need for constant applications. :peace:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Shit Snacks, you can call it chapstick as much as you like, but we all know its really bright pink lipstick that you've wearing around home during lockdown.......:cool:

But seriously, I use a pawpaw lip balm for dry lips, I think the brand is called Lucas, it comes in a red tube. It does a deep rehydration of your kissie bits and lessens the need for constant applications. :peace:
As long as it matches the nails and heels eh.
😘
I always hafta wipe cuz I be slobberin on them shits.
😟

Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks, you can call it chapstick as much as you like, but we all know its really bright pink lipstick that you've wearing around home during lockdown
As long as it matches the nails and heels eh.

Haha hey now, not that there is anything wrong with that though! ;)

I actually started with this all-natural small batch company that had shea butter etc in it, but maybe I got a tainted batch I was allergic to or something maybe just not using enough and getting really dry so then I needed some l-lysine so that was especially tough... Then what really helped so was aquaphor lip repair which also has shea butter actually, but yeah it's just a process to put it on over and over again and wasteful feeling?? Like I would put it on and then try to not vape for as long as I could so let it set in? and like I still have to keep using something it's not fully healed back to normal unfortunately... So now I am transitioned back to a stick, this brand aloe lips, that seems decent and I have another all-natural one to try that has coconut oil, but I'm still using a little bit of the aquaphor lip repair sometimes and in the corners of my mouth (which are far less of a big deal since they don't get ruined by the vaping as much!)

Does that help paint more of a picture??

💋

Shit Snacks

It may be worth trying to drink some more water instead of (/only) using lip balm.
It may be AC, but you maybe drinking less than necessary especially if you consume (much) weed, which causes cotton mouth.

Thanks! Yeah water is a factor too, normally I am drinking it during vape sessions anyway, but definitely do need to be more consistently drinking more, though that is another part of the problem... every time I touch my lips to the glass its wiping lip balm on it while water also washes it off! I do have a metal straw now which does help a bit, but yeah everything feels like a battle! :rolleyes: :lol:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL. I read the title and just thought,"GTFO with that!":rofl:

Nothing grosser than taking a pull and unexpectedly getting seconds on someone's gunky chapstick:razz:

BUT it happens! One's response sets the cool people apart from the assholes... it is all how you handle it.

In any case, a lot less sharing/passing going on these days... sad, fuck COVID. I also miss music. I miss music so much it hurts.

Shit Snacks

LOL. I read the title and just thought,"GTFO with that!":rofl:

Nothing grosser than taking a pull and unexpectedly getting seconds on someone's gunky chapstick:razz:

BUT it happens! One's response sets the cool people apart from the assholes... it is all how you handle it.

In any case, a lot less sharing/passing going on these days... sad, fuck COVID. I also miss music. I miss music so much it hurts.

Haha yeah this was not at all about sharing with another person, that is especially gross like another's drool, but yes given the current climate and how it has given anyone with an anxiety disorder full-blown germaphobe ocd, I don't know how I will be ever sharing anything again in the future unfortunately?? That is a different topic! (that I think I recall seeing a thread for somewhere)

Tip - put a lot of moisturizing Vaseline before you sleep on your lips. You will have nice juicy lips in the morning.

Yeah at night you can put on a lot for a while without that worry, and I was using a lot of the aquaphor lip repair for that and it helped recover from what it was like before, but a problem is how then it gets all over your sheets and pillows!! like try to train yourself to sleep stick straight on your back, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... AND it actually still doesn't fully revive them enough, I still am having to put stuff on again in the morning after I wash my face.

Now where's my tiny violin?? "Oh no-body knows, the trouble I've seen... :razz:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks

Yes, if you read my above post you'll see that I'm not actually using " Chapstick™ " itself I just used it colloquially as a word... I listed everything I've actually been using (though not down to every ingredient, but it is the ingredients that matter) and it actually includes the aquaphor from your good list, I never used any of your bad list! This is also why I titled this thread with "lip balm" :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Summer

yogurtsauce

I honestly don't think there's a solution. I use vaseline and it always goes off of my lips. And then they get dry because there's no more on my lips so I have to put more on or suffer the consequences. I just put some plain burts bees and some vaseline. The bees wax is already pretty stuck to the lips so hopefully the vaseline locks it in onto my lips resulting in only the vaseline being lost through the mouthpiece instead of the beeswax. But another consideration is that I also have two layers on, so of course it's going to last longer. Hm I don't get why aquaphor isn't staying. aquaphor and vaseline are really good in locking stuff in, so maybe the secret is just to have something that is able to be locked in. I will post more conclusive results later, as this has also always been a concern for me. It's like 100F here and dry as balls.

I do have a theory that it's the heat that's making the vaseline/aquaphor melt off your lips. I feel like a beeswax would be better.

To other readers, just a btw, vaseline doesn't do anything unless you buy the one with cocoa butter in it.

After some research, bees wax, or lanolin are good for the lips.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Maybe use some kind of a mosturizing serum instead of lip balm, those would not leave that fatty / waxy film.

Edit: girlfriend likes to add that you might find nore tailored solutions in a pharmacy, they have all different kind of things you won't find in a supermarket.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I honestly don't think there's a solution. I use vaseline and it always goes off of my lips. And then they get dry because there's no more on my lips so I have to put more on or suffer the consequences. I just put some plain burts bees and some vaseline. The bees wax is already pretty stuck to the lips so hopefully the vaseline locks it in onto my lips resulting in only the vaseline being lost through the mouthpiece instead of the beeswax. But another consideration is that I also have two layers on, so of course it's going to last longer. Hm I don't get why aquaphor isn't staying. aquaphor and vaseline are really good in locking stuff in, so maybe the secret is just to have something that is able to be locked in. I will post more conclusive results later, as this has also always been a concern for me. It's like 100F here and dry as balls.

I do have a theory that it's the heat that's making the vaseline/aquaphor melt off your lips. I feel like a beeswax would be better.

To other readers, just a btw, vaseline doesn't do anything unless you buy the one with cocoa butter in it.

After some research, bees wax, or lanolin are good for the lips.

Yeah that'll make sense, when the corners of my lip tore open, I was putting a little antibiotic there and then covering with the aquaphor like you described. Tricky to do for the entire lips, and also tricky to actually make it like be an application of two layers instead of just all mixing together, you know? and yeah the warmth of my lips is enough to melt the product I think? Certainly does seem unresolvable, just an annoyingly tedious situation!

For what it's worth, the aloe lips does have beeswax as did the shea butter based one I was using before, and now I am trying this other brand that has shea butter and coconut oil, green and lovely is the brand, nature's silk lip balm... It also has beeswax along with sunflower seed oil and lavender flower oil with some vitamin e to go with the shea butter and coconut oil... The one thing that makes me a little nervous is it has a vanilla flavor added so who knows if that's something I could be allergic to?? Trying to get out for the first time today and so far so good... The tube for the aloe lips I was using is so shitty that I can't get the last bit out, like the pinwheel turn thing is broken, what a waste! But I liked about the other natural shea butter one I was using, wild botanicals brand, is that the tube is a flat oval like a mini deodorant instead of a cylinder like normal chapsticks... I found that shape to be quite a bit better personally!

Maybe use some kind of a mosturizing serum instead of lip balm, those would not leave that fatty / waxy film.

Edit: girlfriend likes to add that you might find nore tailored solutions in a pharmacy, they have all different kind of things you won't find in a supermarket.

it is hard to find something that has everything, you would think the aquaphor lip repair is just like that, but it does still have other stuff in it like they all do... Open to suggestions of a moisturizing serum, what that would be like?

Oh and come on now, I am only shopping online regardless, so I can get anything anywhere! I mean all of these are from Amazon, except wild botanicals I used to order from their site, I'm pretty much never buying stuff from a supermarket or pharmacy, these days especially :D

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I use Booda Butter lip balm, it is all natural and only contains oils and vegan wax. It also comes in an oval shape like you prefer. Hydration is important, drink lots of water. If your environment is dry a humidifier may help.

Stop licking your lips! I suffered from dry lips for years and the only thing that really helped was stopping that bad habit. Every time you lick your lipsyour saliva evaporates and dries out your lips more. It’s a hard habit to break but well worth it.

Shit Snacks

I use Booda Butter lip balm, it is all natural and only contains oils and vegan wax. It also comes in an oval shape like you prefer. Hydration is important, drink lots of water. If your environment is dry a humidifier may help.

Stop licking your lips! I suffered from dry lips for years and the only thing that really helped was stopping that bad habit. Every time you lick your lipsyour saliva evaporates and dries out your lips more. It’s a hard habit to break but well worth it.

haha yeah that was a quick discovery I don't think I licked them that much that bad before but now I really am aware! Also like eating super carefully and washing my mouth after, such a project! I've actually been hydrating less just because of my overthinking unfortunately, need to think more about doing it despite having lip stuff on! Thinking about a humidifier, but first I'm hoping to move soon anyway so maybe that will help to not have AC blasting all day... But we also really need some rain here in SoCal!

Just looked up the booda butter, nice brand with a lot of products, I see that the lip balm also has jojoba seed oil (like the wild botanicals and aloe lips) and it uses coconut oil (like this green lovely brand) with almond oil (also like wild botanicals) but it has olive oil as well for something different... I actually use olive oil in most of my cooking, I wouldn't think that would be the best oil for this application?? Anyway then it has Candelilla Wax which I've seen in the others with or without beeswax as well... So what I have may already be some of the good stuff it seems, based on the other nice quality recommendations here. Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom