• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping with a Hookah

Hello there. Just thought I would bring this topic over to the glass section to see if I could get some insight. I have recently received an Infinity Versa which I am enjoying very much. For some of you that may have had a look at the thread or even if you have not, the Infinity comes with a glass hookah attachment. It works well and pairs the vaporizer with the hookah pipe very well. Myself and a few others have been vaping through hookah pipes (and bubblers, etc) for the past week or so and seem to be enjoying it a lot.

Anyway, I would like to ask a few questions. Has anyone vaped through a hookah pipe before? Are other vaporizers able to do this or is the Versa Infinity the first?

Also, do any of you have any experience with any high end hookahs? (haha - hookahs not hookers :) ) I have just ordered one called the Roi Beast. It looks awesome and is made of scientific glass with all ground glass on glass connections and a glass mouthpiece. Here is a pic;

photo%201.jpg

So anyone know anything about this? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

klipsch

Roi Best is a small dude so vaping should work pretty well. I believe the Beast has 14mm connections for the ports and bowl. However, many hookahs are large, which is not ideal for vaping.

For instance, I have a Fuzer straight can hookah with glycerine downstem:
I0t8yLY.jpg

This piece stands right around 2ft tall. I've only used it with moassel, but I can't imagine it working well for vaping. 2ft down, plus chamber and 4-5 ft of tubing, and another foot for the mouthpiece. That is a lot of area to fill.

I love it though. Super thick quality glass, very sturdy, and reasonably priced.

Thanks Klipsch. I did look at Fuzer pipes also. They look great. I definitely agree that smaller is probably the go. I have another larger no name hookah that is working well but it was a no research purchase and is made in China :(
Actually I think the Infinity would pair well with your piece too.

@clouded vision - thanks for your reply. But I was wondering if that method is actually combusting. I had never used a hookah pipe really before last week and I was not certain of the process. I have done a little research and it seems the consensus is hookah coals combust the sheesha. Was your method a little different?

I guess one specific question I am asking is - does anyone pair a vaporizer with a hookah pipe? And if so which model? Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I enjoy using my Versa through a hookah. I have just realized that I can use almost all my vapes using the Versa adapter. I've got some experimenting to do. :science::science::science::science:

You can get really smooth lung busting hits, imho. :mmmm:

Sorry guys, should have updated this thread but didn't seem to be a very hot topic. Just quickly - the Roi Beast did pair very nicely with the flower attachment that came with the Infinity. The actual hookah attachment would need to be Mcgivered (sp.?) to get it to fit. It works well but I have had a few problems. First the company neglected to include the valve piece. I think this negatively effected performance. I just used a Magic Flight cap to block it. It still clouded up the whole piece though. Next problem was I dropped the glass downstem and smashed it. So I have now received the valve but the downstem is on order and should be here in a few days. So I still have not been able to use it 100% as intended. I will update again soon.

Sorry one more thing, in the meantime I have taken the hose from the Roi Beast and been using it with my other metal hookah. The hose is fantastic. The mouthpiece is a 12 inch glass tube. There is a 14mm glass connection at the other end and the hose is medical grade. It can be ordered seperately. I highly reccommend adding a quality hose and mouthpiece even if you are using a cheaper hookah.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: Mister G

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just my quick :2c:, but assuming the hookah has a gong input, I'd think any of the heavy hitters should be able to perform pretty well.

Something like a cloud or LSV, should be able to milk em up nicely.

I made a homemade bong out of a novelty drinking cup that was 4ft tall, and the LSV could fill the thing with tasty vapor, so I'd think a 2ft hookah would be fine.

The hookah would probably be at the limit of how much vapor the vape can produce, so you'd probably only be able to milk it once (or twice) before the load was pooched, but if you wanted to vape that way, I'm sure you'd be able to find a routine that satisfied you.

Frederick McGuire,
Well I finally got my replacement downstem and tried the Roi Beast Hookah with all components for the first time yesterday. It was pretty awesome. I have a new strain that does not seem to milk the piece as much as my last but the effects were awesome. Here are some pics;
1. Mated with the Versa Infinity
2qs5myb.jpg

2. Bubbles!
2d17kg4.jpg

3. More bubbles!
19s8w3.jpg

4. With vapor
2z5ulft.jpg

Anyway, if you are a real glass freak I say you should consider adding something like this to your collection. It is a very different experience compared to a bubbler or a hydrotube. Also, absolutely no need to get an Infinity Versa. In fact I don't suggest you do. There is a 14mm connection on top of the body which will easily connect with any number of vaporizers.

Also, sorry no vids. I can't figure out an easy way to upload videos anonymously and I don't think it is very wise to film myself committing a crime and uploading it on the internet.

Last edited:
I also paired it up with The Plenty last night. It was a little awkward dealing with the hookah hose and having to hold The Plenty but it worked very nicely. The taste was distinctly different from the Infinity. Here are some pics;

2u5vxax.jpg

o8uirq.jpg

I have just ordered an E-Nano so I will definitely give it a try with this when I receive it. The Plenty worked really well but it would certainly be better to have the vaporizer simply sitting comfortably on top of the hookah.

Good question Grokit. I would say the Plenty has a lighter yet tastier feel. It doesn't get as hot so it produces smooth consistent vapor. With the Infinity it will end up combusting if you are not careful. It is crucial that you stir and also that you stop taking pulls once the flavor is seriously diminished. In fact I combusted yesterday. It produces a much heavier yet harsher vapor. It is very good when you get it right and the extraction is very thorough . I guess in short I would estimate the Plenty cooks the herb more evenly, consistently and at a lower temp thus producing more flavorful hits. With the infinity you can use boost mode which will milk the piece but the flavor is diminished quite a bit.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Today I got a hookah adapter for my Infinity so I could finally use the cheap $12 Mini-Hookah I got on Amazon a couple weeks ago. It worked MUCH BETTER than I had anticipated and it was very fun.

Hookah vaping is definitely a unique experience to other vaping. I don't feel like I lost out on vapor or medicated effect from other methods. I got quite a bit of vapor over several hits, seemed like just as much or more than through my DO2O. I need to play with the voltage setting as I think I can start lower than the 88v I started with and raise it slowly over time to increase the longevity of the bowl. Next time I'll start around 60volts.

The Mini sized hookah (about 10 inches tall) seems a great size for vaporizing, its small but with water it seems pretty stable with the heavy vape on top, but not enough to leave it unattended. The hoses it came with are kinda nasty so I used my Herbalizer whip instead, it just stuck right into the hose port fine. I would bet that other vape whips will also work. This model has two hose ports, so will be great to use with the occasional visitor to vape together and you can both go at your own speed.

I'm a bit out of funds due to recent VAS, but now that I see the potential, I'd love to upgrade my hookah to something like the Roi Beast or another modern all glass model.

grokit

well-worn member
I've got a conventional egyptian hookah (no glass) that I use with coals for shisha,
but would love to get a nice glass one for herbal/versa usage.

Your Roi looks ideal, I like their lineup.

Hookah-Lavoo-MP4-Blk-L.jpg

The Lavoos are intriguing as well.

lookhigh

FC member
Saw some of these E Hookah thingys, wonder what they are like. they come in disposable and rechargeable. should be possible to add some BHO to the liquid?

lookhigh,
1zxmd6a.jpg

Sorry guys. I thought I had a good selection of photos for you but I have fucked up. What I was hoping to report on was some progress I have made with the Roi Beast. A couple of weeks ago I almost got on here and told you all not to buy a Roi Beast for vaping. The problem is with the size of the base. I was finding that it was just too large and volumous. Great for balancing a vape on top of it but too much space to fill inside. There was simply too much air inside the hookah and the vapor was getting pretty thin and whispy at times. I tried to rectify this with increased water levels but eventually the draw resistance was terrible.

So I almost gave up but then decided to try these hookah beads that Roi sent me. You just add a teaspoon with your water and leave for 1-3 hours. When you come back the beads will have expanded greatly and will have absorbed a lot of your water. So you will need to add a little more water before use. Guess what - problem solved. The beads keep expanding so if you come back for another session later you will need to add more water. The beads also seem to prevent the glass from getting dirty as well as absorbing any related odors.

As far as vaping goes though, this greatly improved the performance of the Roi Beast for use with a vaporizer. I find the Versa Infinity is the best unit in my arsenal for this as well. But with the hookah beads it takes up a lot of empty space and results in the whole piece being milked up. You can see this in the shitty photo I was able to attach.

I should add I have two colours of hookah beads - black and white. The white look nicer but don't work as well. With the black ones it looks like you are vaping through sludge but the performance is great. I really recommend this option for anyone considering using a hookah for vaping. It will definitely help with milk production and produce some massive clouds.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: Mister G
Top Bottom