Vaping vs Smoking with Cancer

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I dont have Cancer but I know somebody who was recently diagnosed. It's general knowledge that smoking Cannabis can help ease ones physical pain and nausea while sick, but what about vaping it?
Is there any evidence that this method has additional health benefits in eradicating this disease?

Cereal_MF,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Vape and edibles will medicate him very good
Smoking liberates carcinogens witch your friend surely won't need

Roger D,

banana_republic

Hi,

I have recently posted on a local forum I participate telling the guys to avoid smoking, try vaporizing, and insisted a lot that there are carcinogens in smoking (even weed), but lots of people claim that smoking cannabis does not cause cancer, that as far as THC dosage is big it will avoid carcinogens acting, etc...

I am absolutely confused. Does anyone know and can point me out some scientific study claiming that weed smoking causes cancer? I do believe that, but have now been researching and I am almost to agree that even "smoke delivery" method is harmless.

Thanks!

banana_republic,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Im wondering more about the healing effects of cannabis, in any of its many forms. I remembered hearing a while ago that hash oil helped leech out some dudes skin cancer, so what about methods to help fight cancer deeper in ones body?

Cereal_MF,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
edibles and vape are more powerful, cleaner and better for ALL kind of purposes
fuck combustion !

natural farmer

Im wondering more about the healing effects of cannabis, in any of its many forms. I remembered hearing a while ago that hash oil helped leech out some dudes skin cancer, so what about methods to help fight cancer deeper in ones body?

http://phoenixtears.ca/

Check it out... It's not just for skin cancer. I have removed a couple of moles myself with oil by the way...

natural farmer,
Reactions: Cereal_MF
Hi,

I have recently posted on a local forum I participate telling the guys to avoid smoking, try vaporizing, and insisted a lot that there are carcinogens in smoking (even weed), but lots of people claim that smoking cannabis does not cause cancer, that as far as THC dosage is big it will avoid carcinogens acting, etc...

I am absolutely confused. Does anyone know and can point me out some scientific study claiming that weed smoking causes cancer? I do believe that, but have now been researching and I am almost to agree that even "smoke delivery" method is harmless.

Thanks!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17035389

I think it's generally agreed that cannabis smoke does not cause cancer. However common sense tells us that inhaling burning plant material is inherently less good for you than vaporized material.
Sadly little research data exists on the benefits of vaporization vs. smoking. Mostly "anecdotal evidence" from folks such as ourselves.

Rido

I believe that the smoke itself can cause obstruction in the lungs which over time can cause COPD. I can see the cause of COPD indirectly causing cancer to form or aggravating a pre-existing condition.

There are studies regarding the cancer fighting properties of MMJ, but even without studies regarding health of smoke vs vaporization in patients(for now). I think we can come to the conclusion it is not healthy for anyone, especially people with a pre-existing pulmonary condition

Rido,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well I don't smoke anything else and I started coughing up black tar and occasionally blood, so yeah I think smoking marijuana is bad for you. I've since switched to vaporization and while I am not fully better yet, (it's only been < 2 months) I am almost there. I cough far less than I used too. I'm getting there.

newVaper420,
Reactions: ili

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There are things in smoke that are generic to burning plant material. Many of them have long been identified as villains in the war against tobacco smoking. There is no doubt that they're bad for you, but cannabis smoke contains some components that could be offsetting the badness. We just don't to what degree.

Vapour, on the other hand, obviously doesn't include any combustion by-products.

bigtvapes

I believe that the smoke itself can cause obstruction in the lungs which over time can cause COPD. I can see the cause of COPD indirectly causing cancer to form or aggravating a pre-existing condition.

There are studies regarding the cancer fighting properties of MMJ, but even without studies regarding health of smoke vs vaporization in patients(for now). I think we can come to the conclusion it is not healthy for anyone, especially people with a pre-existing pulmonary condition

I don't know if COPD can indirectly cause cancer or not, so I can't really say anything about that issue. But COPD is a killer, and when treated it's a beast to live with. On top of cancer treatment, most oncologists would have you avoid smoking in any form, tobacco or otherwise. COPD symptoms can come on FAST with smoking, even cannabis. Risk and severity will only increase with age. Why fight cancer to live with COPD?

Vaping hasn't been studied nearly as much, but common sense tells me it's a far better option than smoking it. In my area, cancer hospitals give synthetic canabanoids to get it's medicinal effect without the harmful side effects of smoking and what not.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My new daughter-in-law's father has lung cancer. He's been a chain smoker for his whole life. His oncologist told him that e-cigs are just fine. He wishes he had found them a long time ago. He hasn't had a cigarette since he made the switch.

momofthegoons,

Rido

I don't know if COPD can indirectly cause cancer or not, so I can't really say anything about that issue. But COPD is a killer, and when treated it's a beast to live with. On top of cancer treatment, most oncologists would have you avoid smoking in any form, tobacco or otherwise. COPD symptoms can come on FAST with smoking, even cannabis. Risk and severity will only increase with age. Why fight cancer to live with COPD?

Vaping hasn't been studied nearly as much, but common sense tells me it's a far better option than smoking it. In my area, cancer hospitals give synthetic canabanoids to get it's medicinal effect without the harmful side effects of smoking and what not.
the reason why I talk about COPD indirectly doing so is the fact that chronic inflammation(Which comes with COPD) is known for causing mutation of cells. vaping does not have the particles to cause obstruction for sure(atleast not in high amounts)

Here is a study regarding inflammation and cancer
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1994795/

Top Bottom