Vaping vs Smoking (mental effects)

crazymonkey

I've come across pretty much everything under the sun in regards to this topic(both in my research and my own personal experience), but what I've NEVER seen discussed is the possible mental effects of these two forms of intake. Does anyone have a study, article, personal experience in regards to the possible decreases in analytical capability for these two methods? What I'd also like to know is differences in susceptibility to mental illness.

Oh and sorry about the wrong topic placement, just noticed the question forum.

Mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button to add to your post instead of making another. And this section is OK for this topic.

crazymonkey,

MedicineMan

In my experience, vaporizing produces a virtually paranoia-free high. I feel like in many cases the cleaner buzz from vaporizing can help someone with excessive anxiety relax more than smoking. A friend of a friend has actually replaced an addicting benzodiazepine regimen of 3+ years with vaporizing, and he says his mind is clearer and more analytically capable than it has been in years. I thought that was pretty cool...

MedicineMan,

spaceman462

I haven't really noticed any difference. If you vape your weed at a high enough temperature to release all of the cannabinoids, it shouldn't be any different than smoking. Vaping at a lower temperature range may release the THC, but the other cannabinoids vaporize at different higher temperatures, so you can affect the effects experienced by adjusting the temperature. Smoking is much hotter obviously, and so it releases all of the cannabinoids regardless.

spaceman462,

lwien

spaceman462 said:
I haven't really noticed any difference. If you vape your weed at a high enough temperature to release all of the cannabinoids, it shouldn't be any different than smoking.
"Some" people haven't noticed a difference, but it seems that most do.

And that difference is not just associated with the release of different compounds by exposing them to different temps, but it is also associated with the fact that smoke has various toxins, such as carbon monoxide, that also contributes to the different high that one can experience between vapor and smoke.

lwien,

crazymonkey

Thank you for the responses. In my own experiences I have noticed that when strictly vaping, weed 'hangovers' rarely occur. I have also noticed that my memory and motor skills retain a quality that significantly exceeds that of when I utilize combustion.

max

Out to lunch
I haven't really noticed any difference. If you vape your weed at a high enough temperature to release all of the cannabinoids, it shouldn't be any different than smoking. Vaping at a lower temperature range may release the THC, but the other cannabinoids vaporize at different higher temperatures
Make that 'some' of the other compounds. At high temps (those you're unlikely to reach with vapor) there are only a few useful compounds you'll miss (sedative and analgesic). As lwien said, sleep inducing toxins increase with temp and even further with combustion.

crazymonkey said:
Thank you for the responses. In my own experiences I have noticed that when strictly vaping, weed 'hangovers' rarely occur. I have also noticed that my memory and motor skills retain a quality that significantly exceeds that of when I utilize combustion.
Your experience is typical. ;)

max,
Top Bottom