Vaping vs combusting

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Now how about the volcano? I may try one of them just never got one because figured it was a party vape. Wasn’t sure if u could run it and keep the bag full for say 8 hours and hit it as I want.

Tell u what though even my mighty I love it to death but seems inconsistent at times for instance I take 8-12 second draws there’s times a 2 second draw will choke me out it’s so harsh and the high is more like a smoke high so I’m debating wether it’s startjng to malfunction because even 1 10 second draw maybe great and the next will seem like not nearly as much vapor. I hate the burnt Taste so once the sessions over I always go back with fresh bud and I tried fine grind and coarse as well.

I used a volcano for many years, I like the new vape flowerpot these days for a desktop.

chris 71

Mookie , it could be the benefits of CBN that you are needing . there is a link somewhere around here that shows that CBN is almost nil from vaping , but the act of actully burning the herb brings out CBN that just isnt there with vaping .

CBN can have effects similar to benzos like valuim which can make you sleepy and relaxed.

I my self need these effects from cannabis also and i can sometimes really notice the difference in effects between smoking being much more relaxing and sedative then vaping and this is probably the reason

chris 71,

Mookie0608

Yeah that’s very interesting. Would explain a lot I just know when smoking the body high feels more stronger and intense and I get so much more relaxed. I mean I’ll get relaxed with a vape too but it’s not as relaxing and more of a deep relaxation like smoking but sleeping wise, a vape won’t knock me out. I can easily fight through the feeling of being put to sleep. So far everything I tried including kong, and blackberry kush they are not like the drug they use in hospitals during operations to make u sleep. Smoking won’t do it either have not tried the same strains smoking either but it will actually help me sleep better and get to sleep easier then a vape has.

Mookie0608,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I get the best response with canna capsules for sleep. There are many issues (like chronic pain) in which people are inhaling cannabis looking for effects which would be easier to achieve by eating it.

Vapor is great for masking the slow onset of edibles and giving some immediate relief while the real medicine kicks in.

Mookie0608

I get the best response with canna capsules for sleep. There are many issues (like chronic pain) in which people are inhaling cannabis looking for effects which would be easier to achieve by eating it.

Vapor is great for masking the slow onset of edibles and giving some immediate relief while the real medicine kicks in.
Have not tried that yet mostly due to the fact I’m not comfortable knowing if I mess up the dosage it could be a long night where if I have to much vaping or smoking the worst is over within 30 minutes usually

Mookie0608,

habitat-fc

Yeah that’s very interesting. Would explain a lot I just know when smoking the body high feels more stronger and intense and I get so much more relaxed. I mean I’ll get relaxed with a vape too but it’s not as relaxing and more of a deep relaxation like smoking but sleeping wise, a vape won’t knock me out. I can easily fight through the feeling of being put to sleep. So far everything I tried including kong, and blackberry kush they are not like the drug they use in hospitals during operations to make u sleep. Smoking won’t do it either have not tried the same strains smoking either but it will actually help me sleep better and get to sleep easier then a vape has.

You need to try a proper hard hitting desktop. Something like a Flowerpot, Herborizer Ti, Glass Symphony or Supreme. Portables are not in the same league! If I use the hard hitting desktops too early I am asleep all evening well before bed time, for comparison the Mighty never makes me sleepy, so its not unusual for the Mighty to never KO you.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Have not tried that yet mostly due to the fact I’m not comfortable knowing if I mess up the dosage it could be a long night where if I have to much vaping or smoking the worst is over within 30 minutes usually
The 'worst' are you referring to, effects? What kind of effects (Paranoia, jittery)? I stay with strong Indicas that do seldom cause issues for me, late at night the FlowerPot really helps me sleep.. there's never been a time it kept me up unless I was using a THC dominant Sativa.

YaMon,

F-UCTD

Mookie , it could be the benefits of CBN that you are needing . there is a link somewhere around here that shows that CBN is almost nil from vaping , but the act of actully burning the herb brings out CBN that just isnt there with vaping .

CBN can have effects similar to benzos like valuim which can make you sleepy and relaxed.

I my self need these effects from cannabis also and i can sometimes really notice the difference in effects between smoking being much more relaxing and sedative then vaping and this is probably the reason

I thought you can get CBN from aged cannabis. I had some six month old Sour Diesel that had never made me sleepy. Stored in a jar with a boveda pack and six months later, couchlock and shut eye.

F-UCTD,

chris 71

Go to first post in this thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/study-shows-that-446°-is-the-optimal-vape-temperature.26431/

Click on link , Scroll down a bit and there is a chart showing CBN values , at diferent temps vaping and smoking .

The difference in CBN levels is striking about 3 times as much actully in the smoking sample .

According to this

https://www.steephill.com/blogs/34/Cannabinol-(CBD):-A-Sleeping-Synergy

You need 2.5 to 5 mg of CBN to get similar effects to 5 to 10 mg of diazapam ( valium )

Going by the chart in the study you would have to vape a lot more to get that much CBN. So smoking accroding to the study above seems to be the way to go if you want the effects of CBN untill we have access to CBN concentrates that can be vaped . but it seems by looking at tge chart in the study above that CBN is maybe produced from the act or destruction of burning . possibly creating more CBN then the CBN from aging ?

Last edited:
chris 71,

Mookie0608

The 'worst' are you referring to, effects? What kind of effects (Paranoia, jittery)? I stay with strong Indicas that do seldom cause issues for me, late at night the FlowerPot really helps me sleep.. there's never been a time it kept me up unless I was using a THC dominant Sativa.
Anxiety and the jitterness. Doesn’t last long long though. Now when I was on blood pressure medication thats a different story. Blood pressure medication and weed does not mix well at least for me. It was more down the lines of a slowly blacking out. Literally felt like when I was walking I would start walking in place and slowly things started getting darker more I walked the more darker things got and felt like I was going to eventually pass out if it makes sense.

I do vape Sativas occasionally, but honestly never at night, and some indicas feel like Sativas unless ptsd can screw with you in a way u can’t sleep either. I’ll go through these phases where I won’t sleep for 2-3 weeks, and I’m not sure if I mentioned it in this thread or not, but 3 big indicas I tried that wouldn’t knock me out blueberry kush, blackberry kush, purple urkel, though they do relax me especially purple urkel puts me into a deep intense relaxation but no sleeping comes out of it. i also tried golden lemons and I was told it’s gurantees to knock you out and that feels like a Sativa but will say it was shake not bud and smelled like flowers not sure if that’s how Shake smells burn there’s no weed resemblensce in the smell. I got high climbed into bed 10 minutes later got jittery in the way like I just had to get up and do something I couldn’t sit still.

Unless I’m not getting enough in my system at one time vaping and to match the effects of smoking u need bigger vape hits smoking forget the dangers seems like the better vape high but yes I will try to get my hands on a good desktop vape

Last edited:
Mookie0608,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Anxiety and the jitterness. Doesn’t last long long though. Now when I was on blood pressure medication thats a different story. Blood pressure medication and weed does not mix well at least for me. It was more down the lines of a slowly blacking out. Literally felt like when I was walking I would start walking in place and slowly things started getting darker more I walked the more darker things got and felt like I was going to eventually pass out if it makes sense.

Sounds like your BP is dropping too low and I am no doc. Are you working with a Doctor? I think it would be a good idea. With pain management drugs I have passed out before and was lucky not to hit my head or sustain serious injury. Regardless, nothing to take lightly or imho experiment with.

YaMon,

Mookie0608

Sounds like your BP is dropping too low and I am no doc. Are you working with a Doctor? I think it would be a good idea. With pain management drugs I have passed out before and was lucky not to hit my head or sustain serious injury. Regardless, nothing to take lightly or imho experiment with.

I stopped taken it sorry if I forgot to mention it. Since I went off of it I felt so much better and I don’t have blood pressure issues. I was on it for blood clots. I hit a point I was ready to say screw weed. Glad I stopped taken it and glad I ran into someone that had the same issue and now that I talk to different people about stuff like this when I’m out and about at dispensary or where ever just seems like certain drugs don’t mix well with pot. Where’s other people I talk to say you have to try getting stoned and drinking a glass or 2 of wine at least once.

Mookie0608,

chris 71

Unless I’m not getting enough in my system at one time vaping and to match the effects of smoking u need bigger vape hits smoking forget the dangers seems like the better vape high but yes I will try to get my hands on a good desktop vape

If you read and understand the links to studies in this thread ( not the ones i offered up about CBN )

But the ones that started this thread they show that vaping delivers about a third more THC then smoking i think the link little maggie gave shows 10 ng in blood for smoking and 14.4 ng for vaping .

Soo this shows that its not that you need more vaping to equal smoking inregards to THC effects and the fact you mention not beingable to sleep and getting all jittery from vaping it would seem to me its not that vaping is not strong enough for you and you need to get a bigger stronger vape .

But probably more to do with the cannabiniods you are getting with vaping vs smoking THC can deffinatly cause some people to be more UP then DOWN so it could be the more potent delivery of THC and not enough CBN

Makes sence to me i have long noticed my self sometimes getting a more jittery anxious effect from vaping as it is more potent in the delivery of THC

chris 71,

Jimmyweaese

Exactly! while these NIDA folks keep seeking harms in smoke clouds- in the next room over @ their LAB real clean cannabinoids are being research from cannabis plant via biochemistry and proven biochemical pathways . NIDA has like one wall iof seperation between real world studies and their proclaimed hamrs
Its right in its job description. Onky negitive. I mean who the f would do that

Jimmyweaese,
Reactions: C No Ego

Mookie0608

Right I understand that. For the jittery that only happens if I get incredibly high but there have been a few indicas that just give me what feels like a rush of energy. Mango is a prime example hits you in the center of the head everything seems brighter it that feeling almost feels like the burst of energy or maybe it’s the euphoria. Some strains that are indica including mango I just can’t sit still with I have to constantly be doing something for about 10 minutes. I can definitely feel what too much thc consumption is too because it starts playing mind games on me so I know what that feels like. Basically I suck st describing things. My comparison was basically this

Smoke high:
Hits hard most of the time
Heavy body feeling heavy head effects
Best pain relief

Vaporizers:
Easy but can be intense highs
String head highs
Weak-moderate body highs but nothing compared to the heavy body feeling.

That’s all I was getting at so like I said I need to get my hands on a good desktop vape if I can find one that’s affordable.

If I sell my pax then maybe I’ll go get one with the money I get from that I just sold my firefly recently so if I can get a good desktop for $200-$250 then that Would make sense for me to do.

Mookie0608,

C No Ego

Its right in its job description. Onky negitive. I mean who the f would do that
the reason NIDA rues the Day is to uphold illegal " marijuana" and to maintain a negative view to that wonderful plant so that any corp in place to make money like piss tests ETC are gouing to make it. until they can switch their money making over to legal weed NIDA will claim all harm ETC. once it is cost effective for current controlling factors expect truthful testing to emerge from the smoke clouds. they cannot deny endocannabinoid system but for so long and big pharma can only hold market on that for so long as well.
the short answer is to maintain the negative pressure ( nightly news science) @ all costs.

when you look at definition of " marijuana" it literally is the Smoke of Cannabis Sativa L. NIDA claims the entire plant ( that was a made up name to begin with) as the plants smoke

Top Bottom