Vaping vs combusting

little maggie

There is new research out from John Hopkins where they compared the effects of smoking vs vaping specific amounts of cannabis. The results indicate that vaping is more toxic for the brain and body. Anyone thinking of returning to combusting?

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
There is new research out from John Hopkins where they compared the effects of smoking vs vaping specific amounts of cannabis. The results indicate that vaping is more toxic for the brain and body. Anyone thinking of returning to combusting?

I'd want to see the study methodology.
I'm shocked at what some Universities publish in Neuroscience anymore, clickbait, not science :(

Even more curious if they compared it to other ingestion vectors?

habitat-fc

Nope, lol how can the same compounds minus the toxins be more toxic? Maybe they didn't use a very good vape to test with? As long as the vapour is pure it is the same as smoke without the products of combustion.

I can't find the study myself, all I can find is a John Hopkins study saying vaping is much more effective than smoking.

https://www.livescience.com/64202-vaped-weed-gets-you-higher-than-smoking.html

chris 71

You really have to give us a link to this study , the only thing i can think of is something like what the link that habitat -fc provided .

And remember that it is a study funded by the Substance Abuse And Mental Health Services Administration lol
So that tells you its all slanted to a negative spin .

To them its all bad THC to some might see it as hmmm maybe a way to get the medical effects with less hmmm could be a good thing .

instead they focus on it meaning more of the bad THC means worse to the users mental and physical wellbeing

Tottally forgeting about the possible lessing of the negitive effects of the smoke its a bunch of slanted propaganda in my eyes .

That said i can and do see the same thing in my own experiences . i recently got a little mini steam roller pipe and smoked out of it after no smoking for months . i couldnt even really get an effect lol my toulerance obvisiouly up from vaping .

So the only real Toxic effect i can see with vaping over smoking is for devolpment of CHS or for people susptible to aggravating mental health symptoms but for some it can help mental health symptoms .

But im pretty sure the people involved in that study would disagree as it is there job to lol .

So to little maggie if you have the link can you please post so we can see if there getting atvthe same thing as the link that habitat -fc provided

C No Ego

This all part of certain studies that only focus on the negative. And to discredit. Aka kevin sabet b s
Exactly! while these NIDA folks keep seeking harms in smoke clouds- in the next room over @ their LAB real clean cannabinoids are being research from cannabis plant via biochemistry and proven biochemical pathways . NIDA has like one wall iof seperation between real world studies and their proclaimed hamrs

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Nope, lol how can the same compounds minus the toxins be more toxic? Maybe they didn't use a very good vape to test with? As long as the vapour is pure it is the same as smoke without the products of combustion.

I can't find the study myself, all I can find is a John Hopkins study saying vaping is much more effective than smoking.

https://www.livescience.com/64202-vaped-weed-gets-you-higher-than-smoking.html

LOL

the study claims that vaping delivers more THC therefore is more harmful LOFL those institutes on drug abuse and their biased research Strikes again
They're vaping an identical quantity of herb as they are combusting. We all know combustion is wasteful and why.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
It’s a moronic study compiled by very naieve smart people. With vaping so much more efficient any one smoking a spleef can out smoke me gram for gram if I am vaping due to the vast difference in efficiency. This study in no way accounted for this difference. Total BS.

C No Ego

I appreciate the link, but I do not have a Yahoo account and am not going to start now. They’ll figure it out however slowly.
yeah, you arr not missing much. most of my comments get deleted

C No Ego,

Mookie0608

Idk about all that but I do know for a given fact vaping cannot compete or even come half close to smokings effects for some symptoms. For instance with me vaping all night long will relax me but it’s not keeping me asleep if anything keeping me up more and yes even a 80% indica will not put me to sleep. Pain relief for me is so much better smoking and I do get a better feeling and effect that will make me want to sleep. So far for me 6 months vaping has not been as effective and leads me to believe not necessarily is vaporizers over hyped but not marketed properly in a way to be like hey it’s nkt for everyone even the doctors around here that will prescribe a card for the program will tell you vaping is supposed to be safer but smoking will always be better for some people. I tried getting really baked a handful of times with my mighty and I done just that but I get really messed up in the head but the body effects are always weaker where smoking for me it’s more of a 50-50/60/40 feeling. Unless the medical marijuana around here really is just trash and majority of the time they screw up harvests and get the Sativa side too much. 2 strains for me that are more of a energizing high that are indicas are blueberry kush, and golden lemons both just relax me but keep me going at same time to point I want to stay up all night.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Idk about all that but I do know for a given fact vaping cannot compete or even come half close to smokings effects for some symptoms. For instance with me vaping all night long will relax me but it’s not keeping me asleep if anything keeping me up more and yes even a 80% indica will not put me to sleep. Pain relief for me is so much better smoking and I do get a better feeling and effect that will make me want to sleep. So far for me 6 months vaping has not been as effective and leads me to believe not necessarily is vaporizers over hyped but not marketed properly in a way to be like hey it’s nkt for everyone even the doctors around here that will prescribe a card for the program will tell you vaping is supposed to be safer but smoking will always be better for some people. I tried getting really baked a handful of times with my mighty and I done just that but I get really messed up in the head but the body effects are always weaker where smoking for me it’s more of a 50-50/60/40 feeling. Unless the medical marijuana around here really is just trash and majority of the time they screw up harvests and get the Sativa side too much. 2 strains for me that are more of a energizing high that are indicas are blueberry kush, and golden lemons both just relax me but keep me going at same time to point I want to stay up all night.
Mookie, I've noticed what you are saying, but that's not true for all vapes. I for one find my FlowerPot to be an exception. As long as you set it above 700 F the extraction is just as quick as smoking, without the carcenogens that come with combustion. Vape technology has come a long way and there is constant innovation, don't give up! Try some of the high end walloping desktops: Glass Symphony, Herborizer, FlowerPot, Sublinator.. EVO might make this list with a few others

ubardog

Could I please ask what vape's you have tried ?

ubardog,

Mookie0608

Mookie, I've noticed what you are saying, but that's not true for all vapes. I for one find my FlowerPot to be an exception. As long as you set it above 700 F the extraction is just as quick as smoking, without the carcenogens that come with combustion. Vape technology has come a long way and there is constant innovation, don't give up! Try some of the high end walloping desktops: Glass Symphony, Herborizer, FlowerPot, Sublinator.. EVO might make this list with a few others

Now see most of the vapes I owned wont go higher then 400 only a handful cap out at 410. The higher the temp the better I feel but comparing it to 410 from a vape smoking def beats vaping when comparing to what I have owned/tried.

Could I please ask what vape's you have tried ?
Mighty
Pax 3
Firefly 2 never liked it but that went high af temp wise
Ghost mv1
CFX boundless
And I believe the last is the solo 2

I do kind of want to try the Linx Gaia though but not sure about dishing out even more money.

Since I started using a bubbler I’m finding it hard to not want to keep smoking more and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mookie0608,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Mighty
Pax 3
Firefly 2 never liked it but that went high af temp wise
Ghost mv1
CFX boundless
And I believe the last is the solo 2

I do kind of want to try the Linx Gaia though but not sure about dishing out even more money.

Since I started using a bubbler I’m finding it hard to not want to keep smoking more and more.

Underwhelming Portable Vape Syndrome affects many people. Those vapes take too long to extract.

Try a desktop plugin before you give up. A really great plugin.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist

pretty sure the temps for pyrolytic compounds is above 650F

looney2nz,

Mookie0608

Underwhelming Portable Vape Syndrome affects many people. Those vapes take too long to extract.

Try a desktop plugin before you give up. A really great plugin.
Now how about the volcano? I may try one of them just never got one because figured it was a party vape. Wasn’t sure if u could run it and keep the bag full for say 8 hours and hit it as I want.

Tell u what though even my mighty I love it to death but seems inconsistent at times for instance I take 8-12 second draws there’s times a 2 second draw will choke me out it’s so harsh and the high is more like a smoke high so I’m debating wether it’s startjng to malfunction because even 1 10 second draw maybe great and the next will seem like not nearly as much vapor. I hate the burnt Taste so once the sessions over I always go back with fresh bud and I tried fine grind and coarse as well.

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom