Vaping tobacco & weed mix

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Never enjoyed the mixture of tobacco and grass or hash. Ran into it when traveling in Europe, but rarely here in the US, and that was fine with me.

I remember smoking a joint with a fan after a show-he warned me that he'd blended it with tobacco, and I assured him I'd be fine.

Hah-I was puking up my toenails about 15 minutes later, and 20 minutes later, and another 30 minutes later. But I did sleep well.

I'm European and I still feel that the US is far behind (AHEAD) us in using weed. I still don't get why we, Europeans, usually mix it with tobacco (and not a little amount, but often quite a lot). It gets you really sick --but not high-- in my opinion. I hope vaping and VapCaps in particular help to overturn this (awful) tradition of weed and tobacco mixing. We'll see.

EDIT: you know you have had too many Vapcaps when you write 'behind' where you obviously wanted to write 'AHEAD'. My apologies.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm European and I still feel that the US is far behind (AHEAD) us in using weed. I still don't get why we, Europeans, usually mix it with tobacco (and not a little amount, but often quite a lot). It gets you really sick --but not high-- in my opinion. I hope vaping and VapCaps in particular help to overturn this (awful) tradition of weed and tobacco mixing. We'll see.

EDIT: you know you have had too many Vapcaps when you write 'behind' where you obviously wanted to write 'AHEAD'. My apologies.

Yeah, a couple of friends from the UK got me to try it, and I've experimented with mixing tobacco and weed in years past. I've never liked it, and it's so much harsher on the throat and lungs, as I tend to take significantly larger inhales with weed than I ever would with tobacco.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
The effects of weed only are much (head-)lighter and clearer. The nicotine in mixtures gives a dumb, heavier buzz paired with a strong nicotine rush caused by deeper and longer inhalation.
The difference between smoking weed and weed+tobacco is similar to smoking weed pure and vaping weed in the better direction.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Been tobacco free since the sexy girls in my 10th grade class cajoled me to take
a puff of their cigarette.

I swallowed it. —& as of the moment, many moons later, have been cancer free.

Blessed be, Mother Mary.

Herb & tobacco? That’s a toxic mix. IMHO. :cheers::spliff:

Skunkport

I remember smoking a joint with a fan after a show-he warned me that he'd blended it with tobacco, and I assured him I'd be fine.

Hah-I was puking up my toenails about 15 minutes later, and 20 minutes later, and another 30 minutes later. But I did sleep well.

In addition to whatever effects the nicotine has on the high, smoking with tobacco increases the THC inhaled for the amount of weed by up to 45% as well. They only tested a 25% weed/75%tobacco mix though, so other ratios might even be higher.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18855154

Last edited by a moderator:
Skunkport,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18855154

It may improve the efficiency of cannabis inhaled, but tobacco (notably from US cigarettes) often than not, is a sure fire method of giving oneself genuine lung cancer, in the end. :science:

34g6bt0.jpg

One way of ausfart, I suppose.

I like to breathe. :cheers: (Four “Marlboro Men” ausfart with lung cancer)

Cancer free, in the USA.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm surprised!
I had no idea that would be the case and I wonder via what mechanisms this greater availability of cannabinoid is achieved?
I read the article but it seems bizarre to me. I am having a hard time getting it to make any sense. How can adding additional seemingly unrelated components to a combustion event amplify elements already present? Why would concentration of THC increase when logic would seem to suggest adding new elements should reduce THC concentration by crowding it out? Something seems wrong here. I am not a chemist or really a scientist of any kind, but this seems highly illogical to me...

Nina

presumably some substance in tobacco increases the availability of THC, that seems entirely feasible to me, I'm just curious as to exactly how this is achieved.

GtrBob

It might be a mechanical effect. Since the herb is embedded in the tobacco it may be just a vaporization effect.
I was thinking that too.
Maybe the easy-burning shreds of tabac mixed in make for more even heating & boiling off of the trichomes.

Still, we did this in the '60s once or twice, hash chips in a ciggie. [Coff!]
Man, I'm not doing that again.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...friends in high school started smoking cigs because they claimed it increased their buzz by 11%... thats right 11% :o... i thought this was bull :shit::shit::shit:... and how would one measure an increase to their buzz to get an exact number of 11% :hmm:

...needless to say i never jumped onto that bandwagon....

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey when it comes to perception I have no problem believing that smoking cannabis with tobacco make one FEEL more high, but I believed that is the chemicals that drove most of us away from combustion in the first place. I got a buzz from nicotine, I got a buzz from other combustion chemicals like benzene, and I got a buzz from oxygen deprivation. After giving up combustion I have realized that it was a dirty high that I was getting and a vaping high feels "cleaner" and more enjoyable but that isn't what this study intended to measure. I can't argue against their science without another study that show something different. I can only say that it doesn't seem logical to me, but that and $4 will get me a cuppa... :)

Skunkport

I'm surprised!
I had no idea that would be the case and I wonder via what mechanisms this greater availability of cannabinoid is achieved?

It might be a mechanical effect. Since the herb is embedded in the tobacco it may be just a vaporization effect.

I was thinking that too.
Maybe the easy-burning shreds of tabac mixed in make for more even heating & boiling off of the trichomes.

Roughly correct, the faster burning tobacco vaporizes the THC rather than the THC burning to vaporize more THC.

I believe I read elsewhere that around 40% of the cannabinoids are burnt up as fuel when smoking, that's why we get more off the vaping where it's all kept intact and gently heated into our lungs.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I smoked cigs for more than 50 years, mostly unfiltered Lucky Strikes. Finally quit 4.5 years ago. One of the smartest things I ever did. I smoked weed for some 45 of those years, though never mixed in tobacco, and another 4 years of vaping. I'm also a drinker, mostly beer, mostly IPAs and Belgians. (No, I'm not a degenerate, and was a CEO of two corporations for most of my working life, and never once toked up before or during working hours and only drank with the occasional fancy lunch out. I'm a serious recreationist!) Sometimes the combo of weed, tobaccy, and booze would take over and I'd get the whirlies or get sick, sometimes in frightening ways. Now I'm smoking stronger dope and drinking higher alcohol double IPAs and Belgian tripels, but I haven't had the whirlies or gotten sick once since I quit cigs. Plus I just feel better not smoking tobacco and now vaping my weed. I'm 70 years old and when I retired I wanted to continue biking up steep mountain roads, hiking into the alpine zone, and skiing in a raging blizzard. I'm doing all three. Fuck Combustion. Fuck Tobacco.

I spend part of the year at my place in far northern Canada. My closest doper buddy up there almost always rolls his js with tobacco unless he knows in advance I'm going to join him. Since we see each other like two out of every three days, once or twice a month to be social I'll end up blowing one of his spleefs with him. I really enjoy the high, but it will typically mean no outdoor adventures later that day, some coughing that night, and slightly sore lungs the next day. On the other hand, when he and or my other doping buddies visit with me, I always haul out one of my vapes. Particularly this last summer when I copped some outstanding stuff on my way up and also brought my ultra-cleaned favorite(VC, Crafty, Fury2) vapes up with me for the first time(I leave a Boundless CF and a Pulsar APX up there), my buddies, who had been skeptical of vaping, were quite impressed. At least one of these rough-and-tumble guys got himself a vape, a Utillian, has now started vaping.

ilsasta

I wouldn't mix tobacco with weed for either js and vape seshs. Not hiding I've used to mix when smoking few years back.

ilsasta,
Top Bottom