Vaping through gin

EverythingsHazy

Breathing in the alcohol fumes doesn't bother your lungs? I can't imagine it feeling much better than accidentally inhaling some iso that didn't completely dry.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: BD9

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Just keep in mind that alcohol is absorbing some of the actives in your vapor. You're getting a weaker hit because of the alcohol. But as long as you are drinking it and not throwing it out, you're not wasting it.

Personally I'll keep alcohol out of my glass unless I'm cleaning

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I used to do this with rum when I smoked hookah. At least with that the temps were high enough to pull some alcohol out, but not with vaping. It might add some flavor, but I would believe it detracts from the active components, much more so than water because of more active aspects of the alcohol.

yogoshio,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I like a dash of Roses Lime in my gin and tonic.
You should try Nellie & Joe's Key Lime out, it's way more tasty than Roses in my opinion. Best gin and tonics ever!

keylimepiejuice.jpg

BD9

Now I want to start a thread about gin. St.Georges Terroir FTW.

I've read about people adding flavored liquids to their water tools and how it adds flavor to the vapor. Cranberry juice seems to be one of the more popular choices. My concern other than wasting good gin, would be drinking the liquid. There may be some carcinogens in there since it's acting as a filter.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'll look for that bran of lime juice in the stores, but it may only be available to purchase online in my area.

My concern other than wasting good gin, would be drinking the liquid. There may be some carcinogens in there since it's acting as a filter.
The heat we are using doesn't burn, so we aren't creating carcinogens. You're filtering out some flavor and some oils, to be sure.

When I did it, and mind you I only did this a few times over one weekend, I would use a tiny amount inside a j hook. It's less than a shot. Also, I was only using it for a few bowls and then downing it. Didn't taste bad. And the vaped herb tasted like it was infused with gin. Super duper yummy.

Anyway, I didn't die. And I didn't waste the Gin. :) If I wasn't about to run out of herb and still had any gin, I would do it tonight. Hahahaha

herbivore21

My concern other than wasting good gin, would be drinking the liquid. There may be some carcinogens in there since it's acting as a filter.
Just in case anybody here didn't know already - ethanol is itself a carcinogen!

I would not be putting alcoholic liquids in my rigs, I'd be somewhat concerned about cumulative inhalation of boiling alcohol vapors (remember, anything with a high ethanol percentage boils quicker and at lower temps than water! I for one don't wanna risk get that 'I just choked on solvent fumes' inhaling high!). There is also the problem that cannabis actives are soluble in alcohol. You'd be throwing away a portion of your reclaim in your rig water and gin is too low in ethanol content to be very effective for reclaim making (where the higher boiling water content would also cause difficulty in purging). You could drink the gin but it won't taste nice and it won't get all of the actives off of your glass because the percentage of ethanol content in spirits made for drinking is too low to make an effective solvent to collect all of the reclaim in your rig.

Vitolo

Vaporist
There is also the problem that cannabis actives are soluble in alcohol
When using Cranberry Extract in "rig" water.
Everyone knows that it appears to make cleanup easier.....
That is because it allows a small amount of actives to be dissolved and left behind in the solution.
Personally I do not like to use water filtration at all.
The stuff that stays behind on the inside of your glass belongs in our lungs, not in the water piece.
Vapor through water tastes washed out to me, and I get less effects.
I can only imagine the minimized THC effect would be using alcohol.

Vitolo,

Burt

I'd have to run some (fun) experiments to be definitive, but I've spent quite a lot of time dissolving extracts into gin, and I don't believe noticeably more thc/etc would be captured because of ethanol solubility than would be lost through ordinary water cooling/condensing.

Not only is the vapour barely in contact with the liquid, but gin in particular is pre-saturated with aromatics, I guess this robs the ethanol of its 'pulling power'. I can get 40-50% more extract into equivalent strength vodka, in about a quarter of the time.

Burt,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
The reason I personally occasionally do it is because it tastes good. All the other arguments or warnings against it don't deter me from putting some gin in my j hook from time to time. The herbal flavors of the gin mix with the flavor profile of the cannabis and wow mmmmm

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes
Top Bottom