vaping throat pressure issue

supnewbz

nike tick polo horse
Ey I don't know if the title is accurate or if I can even explain this but here's goes..

Got a EQ a few weeks ago for health and financial reasons. Now I was smoking 2-3g a day spun with tobacco 50/50 in a bong.. Switching too the vape has been harsh and I'm still not used too "raw" weed. I'm slowly getting there though and feeling heaps healthier BUT one strange thing is happening.. After awhile of hitting elbow packed 0.1g whips @ 190, 210, 230.. I start too get this weird draw issue. Its like the pressure in which I can draw vapor thru the whip gets less and less until it feels like the seal between my mouth and the whip will pop apart, its almost like the whip is sucking the air back out of my lungs some times. Now I've had this happen in the past with meth and sweet puff pipes, I thought it was just evil meth fucking my lungs but now its happening with the vapor.

Its not causing any pain, and its not really altering my normal breathing when it happens just the draw.. I draw really really slow, what the hell is going on?! Hope this makes sense..

supnewbz,

Tweek

Not following you 100 percent...but how hard are you packing your material into the vape? When the herb heats up, it tends to tighten up. This can restrict air flow if you have packed the material in too tight. That being said, I don't own an EQ so I am just assuming.

If you are feeling the tightness in your lungs, then try a water filter if you are not already. With the SSV, my lungs tighten up if I don't filter, due to the particles making their way through.

Tweek,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I agree that packing can be a bit sensitive on certain vapes.
My NO2 does not like it packed in at all, just fill the scoop and pour it in and it works pretty well.

Have you tried using the fan to assist you while drawing?
I have read that it helps out some people.

Let us know how you make out!

lazylathe,

supnewbz

nike tick polo horse
Its not in the lungs, its more in the throat. And its definitely not caused by the the tightness of the pack. My draw gets weaker and weaker. As I said this happened with meth back in the day and there is nothing restricting the airflow in a sweetest puff.. Something's physically happening to me.. I dunno if its happening took someone else they will understand what I'm saying.. Sorry.

supnewbz,

supnewbz

nike tick polo horse
I have too use the fan assist when it happens, I feel I'm not getting as medicated as I need to be.. A few nights sleeping has been a bit of a trouble.. It was hhappijg before I hooked up a bong too the q and punched it fine.. Back too the whip its still happening.. What the?

supnewbz,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Could it possibly be the vapor that is hurting your throat?
I usually have a glass/bottle of water close at hand and take a sip between each hit.

What temp are you vaping at?

lazylathe,

supnewbz

nike tick polo horse
Throats not hurting at all really.. Just getting used too weed that isn't spun with tobacco. I just hammered two massive clouds @ 190 that I held in for 10sec each without coughing hard so I'm nearly there.. The issue isnt MJ it happened a few times when oi smoked meth in the past.. Only happens after awhile.. Sweet puff ice pipes are roughly the same diameter as the whip tube.. I really wish I could explain better :/

supnewbz,

debaserrrrr

Maybe your elbow filter could use a cleaning? I know when I switch a clean filter in I get less draw resistance.

debaserrrrr,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Did you quit tobacco when you started vaping ? I know it might sound like an odd question but your body might be still craving its effects and you may have to give it a little time . I use to smoke a large chillium with about 30% drum mixed with my herb without it i felt less of a " body" high. Vaping really changed it to mostly a head High, when I first started vaping I also used a lot more herb then I do Now
3 years later. Don't know If that helps Just thought I'd put it out there. PEACE ALL !

RUDE BOY,

dbs

actually i've had that feeling before from my eq, i think it's from a lot of hot vapor repeatedly hitting the same spot. it's like my throat goes numb and, yeah, the effect feels like it is pulling air from your throat. for some reason, that doesn't happen anymore to me. at first i started changing how the vapor went into my mouth/throat (sides). then it just stopped happening. i would recommend using a water filtration system, and new silicone tube.

dbs,

lost nebula

Always Vaping
I know the feeling your talking about. I always thought it came from some of my herbs from the cyclone bowl getting pulled into the elbow and restricting flow. I've never had that problem with most other vapes when properly loaded and packed.

lost nebula,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom