Vaping organic tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatsme

Has anyone tried vaping organic tobacco (or really, any tobacco that isn't sold by The Man containing all those nasty chemicals)? I just ordered some organic Nicotiana Rustica (Indian tobacco) which supposedly has a ton more nicotine, and should taste a ton better, just wondering if anyone had tried this stuff in a vape.

beatsme,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Short on time but my :2c: : Start the temp low/work your way up and be prepared to feel a nicotine rush (it can feel more intense than a drag off a cig without the relaxing lightheadedness first from inhaling smioke) Hope tis helps

Progress,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive tried vaporizing tobacco before, the vapor is suprisingly harsh compared to cannabis to me, if i try to inhale it straight my bronchi just clamp down and im sent on a coughing spree
what i do usually is just in hale it into my mouth, i dont really want that much nicotine and the nicotene will absorb through mucous membranes anyway, once in a while ill do a french inhale, but otherwise it only goes as far as my mouth

rustica had interested me for quite some time (right im using some cheap tobacco i bought in order to learn to roll joints)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

luchiano

I've been looking for a place to buy some n.rustica but I can't find any. Can you give recommend a place for me beatsme?.

luchiano,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I vaped a wad of reasonably good quality rolling tobacco at 175C in my Herbalaire. The taste was rich and sweet. I found it to be smoother than grass, and the nicotine hit was intense.

hazy,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
hazy said:
I vaped a wad of reasonably good quality rolling tobacco at 175C in my Herbalaire. The taste was rich and sweet. I found it to be smoother than grass, and the nicotine hit was intense.
good tip...thanks man :)

Hennessy1414,

beatsme

luchiano said:
I've been looking for a place to buy some n.rustica but I can't find any. Can you give recommend a place for me beatsme?.
yeah man, I ordered it from seekershop, but as I'm always skeptical about ordering these things online I'm still wondering how my order will pan out. :rolleyes:

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
ve tried vaporizing tobacco before, the vapor is suprisingly harsh compared to cannabis to me...
I had my bong laying around and just last night figured out that my vape hose fits nice and snug into the stem-chamber of the bong (kinda like this only I have an Extreme vape) and it was really smooooooooth which was especially surprising with my cheap drum tobacco. I guess because it was doubly-filtered?

I still suspect that more than just nicotine becomes vaporized at the temperatures I use, so the water-filtration must be knocking out some of those nasties, leaving me with just the pleasure of a nice buzz.

beatsme,

beatsme

Alright. So I got some Nicotiana Rustica. I`ve now cranked my V-tower up to 250 degrees, and whipped 2 whole bowls of the stuff-- all I`m getting is a slight flavour that`s reminiscient of really old leather. No buzz, no nicotine high, and yet this stuff is supposed to be way more potent than drum tobacco.

What gives - did I get jipped? Is it just way past its shelf life or something?

beatsme,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I remember smoking some organically home-grown and cured tobacco and it tasted nothing like "normal" tobacco. I didn't like it at all.

A few days ago I tried some tobacco in my PD, but it wasn't too pleasant. I think the temperature is too high. As mentioned in a previous post, I vaped tobacco at 175C with good results. For best flavour, I only made one bag of vapour then threw away the tobacco.

hazy,

Frickr

i found some pipe tobacco to be pleasent. had some black cherry flavored stuff. and through the vape, it tasted wonderful, i was already vaked when i did it so i cant report on any of the niccotien effects. the pipe tobbacco is usually a little on the moist side compaired to rolling tobacco.

Frickr,

beatsme

Do you guys think it's possible that this stuff is too dry? It's pretty brittle, and feels like fall leaves that have been left out in the sun for way too long. Like I said, with the vaping I didn't feel any effects at all, just got the taste of the stuff, and with my regular tobacco from the gas station I was getting a nice buzz - that stuff was moist though. I've heard that with vaporizing "the drier the better", but is it possible that without any moisture at all the nicotine wouldn't turn to vapor?

beatsme,

Frickr

i think that the dryer the better works better with weed. but when it comes to tob, ive had better luck with a little moister. not soaking wet, but fresh feeling if you know what i mean. i think the brand we used was palmer black cherry. its slogan is it only tastes expensive.

Frickr,

beatsme

So I tried steaming the tobacco until it was a tiny bit moist, revved up my V-Tower with a bowl packed and... nothing... not even the slightest buzz. I think I got ripped off. :(

beatsme,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom