vaping in the car....

sfld

I know many of you do it :) I dont really need opinions on when to vape or when not to vape so people please dont make this into a debate

i just want some good opinions on what kind of inverter to order?

I know more then likely i will have to direct wire it to my batt terminal in the car... anyone got a good model to look at?

sfld,

max

Out to lunch
I know more then likely i will have to direct wire it to my batt terminal in the car
I don't think you would. With most vapes you can just plug it into the cig lighter.

max,

VaporEyeSore

I got an inverter for my ssv. The ssv is supposed to draw around 50w (edit: its 25w i was wrong) so anything over 75 should be fine. I went for 150w in the end as it was a better all rounder for me. The only problem is the voltage.
The battery on my car is old and when i tried it I could not get thck vpour unless i had the car running! This is because the output voltage is a multiple of the input, so if your battery is at 12v and you get 110v then at 11v you only get about 100v.
This is more of a problem here in UK where we use 220v as 11v input only gives us around 200v. So basically make sure you got a good battery first.

VaporEyeSore,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I have used a DBV, a MFLB, WDZ, and an Invognito vape in the car. The DBV was nice because you could have someone else operate it and you could just draw from the tube and still have both hands free to drive, but the thing is so huge that it's a definite risk of arrest. As for the MFLB, I have used that with and without the PA and for in the car I much prefer it without the PA, the batteries are less cumbersome than the cables and you cna hit the MFLB with a batt stealthier than with the PA. The WDZ worked great, I especially like how you could plug it right into the lighter with no inverter, if you put it in a 16oz cup from McDonalds or wherever then it is pretty stealthy and small enough to easily hid if need be. But I would have to say that the Incognito vape is hands down my favorite for vaping in a car, it's super stealthy, has a light cable so it's less annoying, and looks like a friggin water bottle! Hits like a DBV but looks like a water bottle. The non attachable cable is a dead give away though if pulled over.

So they all have their pro's and con's, it's all up to what you consider the safest way for you to consume in a car. Oh and I only have an 80w continuous inverter and have been able to run all my vapes from it with no problems.

aesthyrian,

max

Out to lunch
VaporEyeSore said:
The ssv is supposed to draw around 50w
Just to set this straight- The SSV used to say 52W on the bottom. That was wrong. Neither it nor the DBV draws more than 25.25W wide open. The label on the bottom has since been corrected.

max,

VaporEyeSore

max said:
VaporEyeSore said:
The ssv is supposed to draw around 50w
Just to set this straight- The SSV used to say 52W on the bottom. That was wrong. Neither it nor the DBV draws more than 25.25W wide open. The label on the bottom has since been corrected.
i thought 25w was just at idle or low temp?

VaporEyeSore,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
No, the max wattage a DBV or a SSV will draw is 25.25, like Max said, and that .25 is the the LED.

"Eric,
The Da Buddha needs 25w to run. Have a fun trip!

Thanks,
Analisa"

That's from an e-mail I got about a year ago when asking specifically how many watts my inverter would have to be in order to run the DBV in a car.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom