Vaping Fresh Live Buds

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
If your just trying to sample your fresh buds - even just a few days in the right conditions will make it much better. Right off the plant is never gonna be good.
Pick a small, put it on a paper plate, and put a very small plastic cup over it. it will quick-dry in a day or two and be usable. Not very well cured, but you'll get an idea of what you have. It will be far preferable to fresh , wet bud.

Farid

It's not water that causes the bad taste, it's chlorophyll. That's why a few weeks of curing is suggested, it allows the chlorophyll to break down. Sure after 1 week the chlorophyll taste will have reduced, but after 2 or 3 it will have reduced even more

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I tried re-vaping AVB once, Nope. Nada. Nasty, even... Then I rolled up a huge fatty... sucked the whole thing down. Zip. Obviously, I'm sure this depends largely on how high heat you go, or so many draws etc originally... but I dunno, as with AVB eddies, isn't the whole point not to consume what vaping avoids, even if it enters the bloodstream differently...?

Edit: and yes, I've used a nukerowave, toaster oven, double oven et al to "rush dry" homie before... in the very distant past, of course.... you gotta do what you gotta do... :tup:

Alexis

Yes it’s simply a totally nonsensical concept. It’s anti science. If you want to do things the better way all round, instead of eating raw basmati rice, do as has always been, and simply cook it.

I can’t think of any real advantage to purposely, through choice, vaping fresh picked bud.

I’ve just harvested 80% of this summer’s run today. Ive been vaping bits we took off a while ago.

Ive much experience at sampling tidbits. Too moist I won’t bother. It’s so high in chlorophyll still it’s just scratchy on the throat and a bit irritating to the airways.

Let alone straight from twig.

About 3 days it’s vapeable, 5 better. It makes all the difference.

A two week cure adds a lot more and a 3 month cure is ace.

banianz

Allright ....ive been busy today and after reading more comments ill skip the "Test":rofl: because it looks like wasted time and i ll better leave those little popcorn buds for some fresh extraction or rosin press!!:smug:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I know from HPLC tests that top-shelf bud, dried 1gr, contains 300mg THCA, 100mg of water, let's say 50mg of terpenes, 50mg of CBG+CBGA+CBN and the rest is like..chlorophyll? how much from this 60%~ chlorophyll gets cured? I never saw a research about curing and it's interested to see one! I had good experience also with uncured buds, just well dried

C No Ego

Allright ....ive been busy today and after reading more comments ill skip the "Test":rofl: because it looks like wasted time and i ll better leave those little popcorn buds for some fresh extraction or rosin press!!:smug:
teh main pupose of curing the flower ( atleast two weeks after one wee k drying etc.... ) is to convert sugars into alcohol . vaping or smoking sugars is harsh and as everyone has mentioned wet chlorophyll would be like just vaping lawn grass piles from the yard .... Yuck

if desperate a quick dry in whatever way you want makes it better to vape

GoldenBud

teh main pupose of curing the flower ( atleast two weeks after one wee k drying etc.... ) is to convert sugars into alcohol . vaping or smoking sugars is harsh and as everyone has mentioned wet chlorophyll would be like just vaping lawn grass piles from the yard .... Yuck

if desperate a quick dry in whatever way you want makes it better to vape
like something happens to some functional groups of the chlorophyll? like here one group, the one in the bottom of the molecule, became -OH? but how it happens if the jar is closed?

Top Bottom