FakeXhale Cloud (Unauthorized and Unsupported)

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
here's what i see
ScreenShot2013-11-17at121424PM_zps5842f14a.png
:doh: Don't click on the about button...just go to the link posted, and look...don't click. Right on his timeline, the page you're taken to with that link, it says it. I screenshotted it. FB is known for being less than bug-free when it comes to uniformity of info on pages, especially shortly after updating info. IE, in my experience, when I change job/about status on FB, not all pages display correctly right away.

Cary Widener's Facebook page say's he's the former CEO & President at High-Temp Industries (probably bailed because of legal problems :disgust:).

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

exit

I don't own a Cloud and these people could start giving them away and I wouldn't touch one. Why? Because as @max already pointed out and @MacRadish's picture proves without a doubt, these are coming from the manufacturer that is in litigation with VXL. At first I thought they were dumping old stock but the unending supply makes me wonder whether they're still churning them out illegally.

Ask yourself why they would want to sell the Cloud+ at a price that means little or perhaps no profit. Hint: It's not to benefit you.

a little late to comment on this, but all i want to say is that if any of us here could prove they're manafacturing and selling these illegaly, it would be trivially easy to get them banned from ebay, personally i don't see that as much of a loss myself?

to be honest i was only okay with FCers picking these up to get them away from other ppl who wouldn't know the story or care to look into the story.... but i agree way too many of these have sold for me to be comfortable with it

i know that's a little hypocritical sounding as i own one of these cheap clouds but what can i say. its is what it is

SN #4658 tho on mine

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
For what it's worth, Google reveals a little more about Cary Widener. He's involved with another company by the name of "Clean Energy Components" which was involved with another company by the name of "Mantria Corporation" which is currently being sued by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) for running a Ponzi scheme. You can read about it <HERE>. He's also featured in a video released by that company which was intended to draw investors into the Ponzi scheme. You can view the video <HERE>, it's the one one the right and Cary Widener can be seen at 7:04 in the video.

In all fairness I'm not trying to defame this person as that could possibly be libelous, and for all I know he could have been quite innocent in his involvement with Mantria Corp., but I did find it interesting!

The video is on YouTube as well, Widener is seen at 7:04:

olivianewtonjohn

My original died a couple months back. Waiting on my Evo. But decided to order one and it arrived on the 12th. I paid $90, but I was the first purchase. Think he wanted some action. Worked perfectly out of the box.

Woke up this morning and its not heating up. Bad thing is I ordered 5 more for presents at $95.
Man that sucks I was going to buy one but now im back on the fence. Going to do some research to see if its easy enough to fix/prevent problems like this from happening

Last edited:

way2

IMO if it was an "easy" fix we'd see people talking about it by now. We have quite a few members with plenty of know how and no one (even VXL themselves AFAIK) has pulled it off yet.

I get that the price is right for some that couldn't join the fun otherwise but the more I think about the whole VXL legal thing makes (for me) purchasing from this guy seem so wrong. I figured this thing would be 10-20 units but he seems to have an endless supply that he's selling under VXL branding. Idk like I said It just feels wrong. Also seeing one die in a week makes it much less appealing.

If you want a worry free cloud experience. I'd suggest saving your cash and investing in the real deal. :2c:

MacRadish

I'm currently looking into conductive, high-temp epoxy... Might be a viable solution...

You and I both....I found this along the way and it looks promising.

http://www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/ea_electricalconductive.htm

IMO if it was an "easy" fix we'd see people talking about it by now. We have quite a few members with plenty of know how and no one (even VXL themselves AFAIK) has pulled it off yet.

It might be an easy fix but if a failed unit is still under warranty, and I'm guessing a lot are, no one is gonna fuck with it, hence no success stories yet. I have a failed + unit under warranty and I'm not about to open it up. This cheap ebay alternative can provide the necessary "let me fuck with it and see".

thesoloman

You and I both....I found this along the way and it looks promising.

http://www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/ea_electricalconductive.htm

It might be an easy fix but if a failed unit is still under warranty, and I'm guessing a lot are, no one is gonna fuck with it, hence no success stories yet. I have a failed + unit under warranty and I'm not about to open it up. This cheap ebay alternative can provide the necessary "let me fuck with it and see".
hahhhah i was just looking at this page.. i had it open in another window already. I was thinking the cloud heater might get above 650?

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
You guys who are interested in the possible repair of a failed cloud may be interested in this post of mine from last August <LINK>. What I didn't mention in that post (I was being cautious of violating the warranty) was that I was successful in soldering the power lead back on the ceramic heating element. However when I tested the repair by energizing the unit before reassembling it the solder liquified in less than 5 minutes and the repair failed. Rosin core solder used in electronics melts at approx. 370 deg. F, so the ceramic heater easily reached this temp in short order even without being encased in it's insulated enclosure. Silver solder may be the ticket with a melting point of approx. 840 deg. F, but the problem is that it takes a torch to reach these temps and unless the ceramic heater can be slowly pre-heated to these high temperatures the application of a torch is going to crack the ceramic ruining the heater.

Using the high temp silver infused epoxy adhesive previously linked to *may* work... I wish you luck with that!

PowerLeadDisconnect_zpsb0ca3eae.jpg~original

Last edited:

thesoloman

You guys who are interested in the possible repair of a failed cloud may be interested in this post of mine from last August <LINK>. What I didn't mention in that post (I was being cautious of violating the warranty) was that I was successful in soldering the power lead back on the ceramic heating element. However when I tested the repair by energizing the unit before reassembling it the solder liquified in less than 5 minutes and the repair failed. Rosin core solder used in electronics melts at approx. 370 deg. F, so the ceramic heater easily reached this temp in short order even without being encased in it's insulated enclosure. Silver solder may be the ticket with a melting point of approx. 840 deg. F, but the problem is that it takes a torch to reach these temps and unless the ceramic heater can be slowly pre-heated to these high temperatures the application of a torch is going to crack the ceramic ruining the heater.

Using the high temp silver infused epoxy adhesive previously linked to *may* work... I wish you luck with that!
its like you read my mind and found the picture i was looking for hours for!:clap: Much love FC you guy's are the best. :tup: Im really looking forward to the idea that my cloud will work again if it fails!!!!

thesoloman,

MacRadish

but the problem is that it takes a torch to reach these temps and unless the ceramic heater can be slowly pre-heated to these high temperatures the application of a torch is going to crack the ceramic ruining the heater.

Hence my previous suggestion of bringing the entire failed glass/ceramic piece slowly up to temperature in a kiln and THEN attempting to silver solder. I don't have a kiln.

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Is this a problem that most clouds seem to die from or are there other problems as well? Still try to see if I should jump or not

olivianewtonjohn,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Is this a problem that most clouds seem to die from or are there other problems as well? Still try to see if I should jump or not
Old saying...Shit or get off the pot!!:lol:

Treat this like the stock market people. If you can't handle the risk, stay the he!! out.

If you can't burn a hundo, then this isn't the deal for you.:nope:

Sorry to sound so blunt.

olivianewtonjohn

Old saying...Shit or get off the pot!!:lol:

Treat this like the stock market people. If you can't handle the risk, stay the he!! out.

If you can't burn a hundo, then this isn't the deal for you.:nope:

Sorry to sound so blunt.
I don't really just make random decisions. I am asking because I'm trying to see if that is the main problem that typically happens then there could be a solution especially for people to do preventative work (as we have seen some talk about special epoxies).

If there are a wide range of problems then just fixing the heater wires won't be a good strategy for long term reliablity

Edit: what I'm asking is if someone who has been in the giant cloud thread is seeing patterns of failures that are likely at the same problematic point

SnidelyWhiplash

"These clouds are a great value. Slight smell but goes away w use. Good deal! A+" - ebay review

BLAH! Anyone get a smell from a legit cloud?

SnidelyWhiplash,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Almost all of the 5 that went through my hands(all OG tickers) did.
Quick burnoff, 1 or 2 sessions on high cured almost all.
Yes, this is all available in the OG Cloud thread.

Y you know search before posting?

Hypno vaper

This thread has gone completely nuts. I love it. :love:
Yeah, hehehe, I'm new to the community and was not trying to shake the house up like this. I just wanted to contribute since everyone here has shown me so much love and taught me so much about what I "thought" I already knew. Just couldn't keep my shut, had to let eeeeverybody know about the cheap clouds on flea bay (kickin self in ass).

The Hypnotist

Hypno vaper,
Reactions: Mister G

exit

Yeah, hehehe, I'm new to the community and was not trying to shake the house up like this. I just wanted to contribute since everyone here has shown me so much love and taught me so much about what I "thought" I already knew. Just couldn't keep my shut, had to let eeeeverybody know about the cheap clouds on flea bay (kickin self in ass).

The Hypnotist
Nothing to be ashamed of!!!!

exit,
Top Bottom