Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Baron23

Any thoughts on the new 38mm Hydratubes that have been available for a week or so on the VXL site? Does anyone think this is a sign a new, smaller vaporizer might be coming or do people just want smaller versions of the same HTs?
Hi Kim - I was actually in touch with VXH's customer service the last week or so to find out when they would have regular hydrotubes back in stock (which they are now) and we hit on the 38 mm. They didn't mention anything about a new heating base unit but emailed as how

"The 38mm Hydratubes will work in the exact same way as the 50mm Hydratubes, but will just be smaller in size. This allows for a more stable base ( THE EVO) as the top won't be quite as heavy as with the 50mm.

Iwould definitely try the 38mm, as they will offer the same benefits as the 50mms, but will have less chance of tipping etc."

I have a very nice 65mm stemless can WP that can easily use so, in my upcoming purchase, I am at the moment planning to get the 38mm turbine with the kit. However, I see some longer time owners posting above that they think the 38mm is just too dang small so I may be rethinking this (50 - 38 = 12 mm = about .47 inches....not THAT big of a difference).

I am certainly open to input from members here. What do the rest of you say...38mm or regular 50 mm HT?

I was loaned an EVO for a few days and my, oh my...what a BEAST. I have to have one at some point (and I'm thinking Black Friday or Cyber Monday...if VXH has any deals going). So please speak up soon on 38mm vs 50mm HT's! :brow::lol:

The EVO hits like a MLB home run leader! And very efficient with my herb. Yeah! :rockon::tup::clap:

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

Hi Kim - I was actually in touch with VXH's customer service the last week or so to find out when they would have regular hydrotubes back in stock (which they are now) and we hit on the 38 mm. They didn't mention anything about a new heating base unit but emailed as how

"The 38mm Hydratubes will work in the exact same way as the 50mm Hydratubes, but will just be smaller in size. This allows for a more stable base ( THE EVO) as the top won't be quite as heavy as with the 50mm.

Iwould definitely try the 38mm, as they will offer the same benefits as the 50mms, but will have less chance of tipping etc."

I have a very nice 65mm stemless can WP that can easily use so, in my upcoming purchase, I am at the moment planning to get the 38mm turbine with the kit. However, I see some longer time owners posting above that they think the 38mm is just too dang small so I may be rethinking this (50 - 38 = 12 mm = about .47 inches....not THAT big of a difference).

I am certainly open to input from members here. What do the rest of you say...38mm or regular 50 mm HT?

I was loaned an EVO for a few days and my, oh my...what a BEAST. I have to have one at some point (and I'm thinking Black Friday or Cyber Monday...if VXH has any deals going). So please speak up soon on 38mm vs 50mm HT's! :brow::lol:

The EVO hits like a MLB home run leader! And very efficient with my herb. Yeah! :rockon::tup::clap:
I didn't know there were smaller tubes? A small turbine could be cool but if you reduced the can size on the bomb or honeycomb that would cause problems IMO. The bubbles already almost hit the mouthpiece with the current can size so that would probably make it less functional. If they are not making the cans smalllwr on these and just the bottom part where the vapor enters that could be cool.. but the size of my 2 hydratubes is basically exactly the same size as the evo at the base so it lines up and looks nice and is also easy to use. If the base wasn't the same size around as the evo it would feel awkward I think? Idk are these small hydratubes new? Maybe someone else can chime in, I have tried all 3 of VXL's current hydratubes and the turbine that I sent back was a bit smaller on the bottom; like barely.. not even 10mm or even close.. like maybe 2 or 3 at the most. But honestly I like them all at the size they are. The turbine does bubble a lot less so a smaller tube could mean tastier hits but idk. If the two sizes are the same price I would go with the bigger one.. seems like a better deal for your money.
Edit: just looked on the VXL website and they are simply smaller cans, like not shorter just smaller in diameter. I think that that is too small considering the 50mm ones already already splash into the MP while percolating. I think the classic hydratubes size is nice and I wouldn't pay the same amount for a smaller one.

Last edited:

2 Cycle

I already have a tiny hydra tube, it is called the FC mouthpiece and it was $25 or so. Killer little tube with my solo, way too small with the evo. I expect similar results with these but you never know I guess.

Baron23

I didn't know there were smaller tubes? A small turbine could be cool but if you reduced the can size on the bomb or honeycomb that would cause problems IMO. The bubbles already almost hit the mouthpiece with the current can size so that would probably make it less functional. If they are not making the cans smalllwr on these and just the bottom part where the vapor enters that could be cool.. but the size of my 2 hydratubes is basically exactly the same size as the evo at the base so it lines up and looks nice and is also easy to use. If the base wasn't the same size around as the evo it would feel awkward I think? Idk are these small hydratubes new? Maybe someone else can chime in, I have tried all 3 of VXL's current hydratubes and the turbine that I sent back was a bit smaller on the bottom; like barely.. not even 10mm or even close.. like maybe 2 or 3 at the most. But honestly I like them all at the size they are. The turbine does bubble a lot less so a smaller tube could mean tastier hits but idk. If the two sizes are the same price I would go with the bigger one.. seems like a better deal for your money.
Edit: just looked on the VXL website and they are simply smaller cans, like not shorter just smaller in diameter. I think that that is too small considering the 50mm ones already already splash into the MP while percolating. I think the classic hydratubes size is nice and I wouldn't pay the same amount for a smaller one.
I believe that is what is smaller is the top part of the HT, not the base and the 38mm refers to the diameter of the can, not its height which I believe is identical to the regular HT's (but I may well be wrong on that).

Cheers

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Less glass, same price, no thanks
Seems like this has been happening throughout the life of the EVO.
There used to be some really nice large glass pieces, but they keep shrinking the selection and then making them smaller... and now smaller again

P.S. the cyber deals are up for the folks in the U.S.
https://www.vapexhale.com/collections/cyber-deals-2016

Oh No!!!! Is this whats happening?

Phasing out the old and bringing in a smaller new???? But being slightly deceitful about it....?

This theory fits more when you look at that email from vxh support from @Baron23....

Hmm....
I think this may be the new standard size.....

Edit.....
L8zZ5mk.jpg

Inconclusive.......
I wasn't expecting a straight answer, but thought I may get a clue....

Last edited:

jdent3

What's everyone's favorite setting for concentrates? I feel like I'm the only one who does them on the lowest setting (about 7 o clock). I find any higher and it tastes like ass. It doesn't milk up my hydratubes at the lowest setting but I get great flavorful hits and I get just as high.

Last edited:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
So I've always wanted to try this thing.
The Black Fri sale makes it rather tempting especially.
Turbine, hydrabomb, or honeycomb? Which has the least diffusion?

Dramma Lamma,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I dusted my EVO off the other day and took a long overdue stroll down Memory Lane.. I'm really glad to still have it in my lineup, especially since I seriously considered getting rid of it more than a hand full of times over the last year or so! :mental: :disgust: I don't know what the fuck I was thinking...

Gotta Love Full (to the top) ELB's + Lower Temps! Much Flavor + Effortlessly Dense Vapor! :smug:
:cheers:

Baron23

I'm sorry in weight?
I will be ordering my own this week under Black Friday sale, but I did have a loaner and accounting for the space consumed by the cap, I'm thinking .3 grams of well dried and fine ground herb would be about the limit.

But I'm with @newVaper420 in that I found .1 g to be just perfect for vaping by myself.

Bomb has the least diffusion. You will not be disappointed, I promise you. I am waiting for a repair on mine. A gentle reminder not to let people who aren't familiar with it just pick it up and go to town...
Not to be contrary, but the VapeXhale site says:

How do I choose a HydraTube?

The HydraTubes were designed so that you can customize your vapor experience. Depending on if you value flavor, smoothness, or ease of pull most, there will be a HydraTube that fits your needs. Here is a short guide to help:

If you want the most flavorful vapor – Turbine

If you want the smoothest vapor – HydraHoneyComb

If you want the easiest pull – HydraBomb

Last edited:

Baron23

If I had to purchase again I would get bomb and not turbine.
May I ask why?

And @yogoshio, experience certainly trumps all and I don't have any! haha Thank you. May I ask, how bad was the draw resistance of the turbine? Awful or just not quite as good as the Bomb?

Thanks

Baron23,
Top Bottom