Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

mscm888

I want to figure out a way my Evo will be on and heat soaked when I wake up in middle of night which I do around 2 o'clock every night.

For the past year or so I do the "turn to max and when green turn to desired temp and wait for green" routine before I partake. This works well but takes about 5 minutes and even then it's not heat soaked like I like it to be when I take a night-night rip.

I've thought about a Wemo like others mention but I can't wrap my head around how I could set it up to be on when I wake up.

waxdab23

I want to figure out a way my Evo will be on and heat soaked when I wake up in middle of night which I do around 2 o'clock every night.

For the past year or so I do the "turn to max and when green turn to desired temp and wait for green" routine before I partake. This works well but takes about 5 minutes and even then it's not heat soaked like I like it to be when I take a night-night rip.

I've thought about a Wemo like others mention but I can't wrap my head around how I could set it up to be on when I wake up.

You will just set a rule in the Wemo app to turn the EVO on at 1:30am or whatever time you desire. It's super simple.

Edit: And you choose which days you want this to happen (it can be daily), so you only have to set the rule one time and you're done.

Last edited:

standup

Cloud EVO finally arrived. The good news is she hits nice and hard, the bad news is I smashed the HT foot stand about 20sec after my first hit when I went to pick the HT back up, might make a little woodstand for home this weekend.

Thanks for everyone that helped me pick the hydrobomb too, I was a little worried my lungs wouldn't have the capacity for a high flow HT but this things perfect, can pretty much hit 80% of a full ELB in one draw, definately wouldnt want any more restriction than this and the flavor is perfect with nice bigs pulls

waxdab23

I'll add to my previous post just because I'm so stoked about this thing...

The EVO gets plugged into a little wemo adapter which plugs into your wall outlet.

Your EVO switch stays in the 'On' position. You don't need to toggle that anymore.

Here's an example of some rules I have set in my wemo app...

KNsn43f.jpg

qeZhEoq.jpg

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'll add to my previous post just because I'm so stoked about this thing...

The EVO gets plugged into a little wemo adapter which plugs into your wall outlet.

Your EVO switch stays in the 'On' position. You don't need to toggle that anymore.

Here's an example of some rules I have set in my wemo app...

KNsn43f.jpg

qeZhEoq.jpg
vxHIXYn.jpg

I painted her PINK and now she acts CIVILIZED?

GAME CHANGER OG + EVO + 1:30AM = CIVILIZED CALIFORNIA TRADITION

gaseous_clay

What music is that? BTW? I'm getting back into that style lately.
Big John Patton, "The Yodel"

To be perfectly honest, I hat to use Soundhound on my own video. I dig it. It's in my fairly large music collection. I just don't know it enough to name it. I'm still learning too! :)

I hit shuffle a lot. End up with some crazy mixes. Miles Davis, Spoonie Gee, Carole King, The Stylistics... (All were played this evening.) Yet somehow I can dig going from Whodini to Glen Campbell.

Last edited:

YungLeaner

I've been away from FC...hardly been up from the evo for air.

Inhale nirvana, exhale your stress...evo at 11 o'clock before bedtime is the merriest, meltiest sort of bliss...

Also, tip for those vaping hash out of the evo...I love midgrade bubble hash but little chunks don't mix well with bud in the evo as the hash only Becomes warm enough to provide vapor after the bud is spent in the evo, leaving the user with some thin hits that taste like AVB. Now I put a ball of hash on a dagger and put a lighter near it, softening it until it's super malleable and can be crumbled up into finely ground bud. Stick it all in the evo, hit 2 o'clock on the Evo and SHAZAM

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Big John Patton, "The Yodel"

To be perfectly honest, I hat to use Soundhound on my own video. I dig it. It's in my fairly large music collection. I just don't know it enough to name it. I'm still learning too! :)

I hit shuffle a lot. End up with some crazy mixes. Miles Davis, Spoonie Gee, Carole King, The Stylistics... (All were played this evening.) Yet somehow I can dig going from Whodini to Glen Campbell.
I've been listening to Walter Wanderley and related music lately. Posted it to 'Cool music' not that long ago. Now I'm going to have to check out more Big John Patton. TX.
You will just set a rule in the Wemo app to turn the EVO on at 1:30am or whatever time you desire. It's super simple.
There is so many remote solutions out there , you could be choosy and pick the interface that is easiest for you to understand. But theres an probably an app for that works as well too. I get in the habit of turning my EVO off/on just before I draw and reset the clock. If it shuts off after any time after that last switch, Well then I must have spaced and the timer did it's job. :haw:

Last edited:

TommydCat

So guys...its been a few years since the EVO has been out...

How come there's only the metal herb basket?

Nobody tried a glass basket? silicone basket?

The metal basket is flexible and easy to clean and flows very well. Honestly can't think of much improvement for this bit without getting expensive and/or requiring very tight tolerances that currently do not exist.

I'm open to being proven wrong! ;)

mnd99

Well Well. I'm not sure if if it's okay to talk about this but I was told there will be a glass basket next year. There would also be a custom HT with a glass basket built into it to make EVO truly all glass. The release date is set for April 1 2017.

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

Well Well. I'm not sure if if it's okay to talk about this but I was told there will be a glass basket next year. There would also be a custom HT with a glass basket built into it to make EVO truly all glass. The release date is set for April 1 2017.
I would like to know where you got an exact realease date..? I mean I'm not saying your wrong but I don't imagine that if you were testing for VXL that they would want you to tell everyone the exact date when they have made zero announcements about it. Maybe some of original vapexhale beta testers can chime in.. but I just don't see the point of a glass basket that would create conduction in a device that the owner of the company loves as a full convection vape.

Seems like an odd and useless move for vapexhale to me.. April 2017 we get a new glass elb that will get hot and conduct vapor? Where's the new vape lol? Or a portable? This just seems odd to me. And the fact that you are the one telling us about it for the first time with an exact date doesn't make sense, you would probably have an NDA if you were testing for VXL.. at least I would imagine so.

MinnBobber

I sort of took this as an early April Fool's Day joke---April 1 of 2107 ?????

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Or a portable?

Is this a thing???? A possibility???

Id love a mini portable evo......

Like a solo with a bamboo???

There is a gap in my arsenal now for a new battery portable... Since I purchased the evo and vapcap, some vapes got sold....
The solo remains as my backup, but it's not as powerfull as the vapcap as a portable, and doesn't taste as good as the evo....

So yes I would like a mini cloud evo, portable powerfull, taste machine.....please???

Oogendoogan

lol I didn't even look at the date..? It's not April it's November.. I don't feel like I was behind on that one. I feel like it was a bad joke..:shrug:
lol you got me though :lol:
Go Steelers!
EVO + XJ13 = me not throwing my remote at the tv right now because the ravens are beating us :bang:

@kellya86 im pretty sure seibo has said that they are working on a portable and I even think I heard an interview where he said it could be the end of this year but it doesn't look like that's happening now.. idk hopefully we will see something but I know VXL was planning on a portable.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Nobody tried a glass basket?
Well Well. I'm not sure if if it's okay to talk about this but I was told there will be a glass basket next year. There would also be a custom HT with a glass basket built into it to make EVO truly all glass. The release date is set for April 1 2017
Seems like an odd and useless move for vapexhale to me..
IIRC during the beta test phase glass ELBs were tested and discarded due to fragility and thermal properties being suboptimal. Now that was a while ago and maybe something has changed but I know the laws of physics have not.

The stainless steel ELB is not a liability here, in fact its an advantage due to the fact they are ductile and malleable, fairly robust, and have good thermal properties.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

TI basket would be nice!
I'm on my 2nd set?
Few mionths?
I love so I was I'll live with it?
I use it every night!
ZX17WcG.jpg

This was made in CALIFORNIA!
MOUTHPIECE in OREGON!

WEST COAST = CIVILIZED (sometimes!)

@CarolKing the EVO is gnarly (in an good way!)
5pWokA8.jpg

gaseous_clay

Started my day with a mouthpiece from Oregon trying on the Devastator knockoff for size.

IMG_3167_1.jpg

Did OGB make your CARB?

I want to get one!

Time for another EVO session!

Answering @ataxian (below) to keep the thread as clean as possible (one stop shopping!)

OGB made both the carb, the angle adapter & the mouthpiece with ice pinchers. LOVE THEM!

Last edited:

mnd99

I would like to know where you got an exact realease date..? I mean I'm not saying your wrong but I don't imagine that if you were testing for VXL that they would want you to tell everyone the exact date when they have made zero announcements about it. Maybe some of original vapexhale beta testers can chime in.. but I just don't see the point of a glass basket that would create conduction in a device that the owner of the company loves as a full convection vape.

Seems like an odd and useless move for vapexhale to me.. April 2017 we get a new glass elb that will get hot and conduct vapor? Where's the new vape lol? Or a portable? This just seems odd to me. And the fact that you are the one telling us about it for the first time with an exact date doesn't make sense, you would probably have an NDA if you were testing for VXL.. at least I would imagine so.

April 1st does seem like an odd date ;)

lol I didn't even look at the date..? It's not April it's November.. I don't feel like I was behind on that one. I feel like it was a bad joke..:shrug:
lol you got me though :lol:
Go Steelers!

My apologies. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was just being a troll. Have you guys ever had an idea and thought it's going to be the Most Funniest Thing Ever? I had one of those moments.

Top Bottom