Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So Seibo has gone on record then and said this?
During development of Evo digital readout was discussed at length. It is my recollection that he, and many others, myself included, had this position. Is it a matter of record? No, because none of this was discussed in public.
Is the proper way just to plug both ends of the bamboo with those 2 red plugs that came with our Evo's and shake it with ISO? Just want to be sure, thanks for your help!
There are a few ways to do this. I am not sure if those red caps leak or not. If you try this be careful because when you block the bottom and fill the bamboo with ISO, the restrictions and flow of air and liquid can cause things to overflow much more quickly than anticipated.

Socks And Sandals

During development of Evo digital readout was discussed at length. It is my recollection that he, and many others, myself included, had this position. Is it a matter of record? No, because none of this was discussed in public.

There are a few ways to do this. I am not sure if those red caps leak or not. If you try this be careful because when you block the bottom and fill the bamboo with ISO, the restrictions and flow of air and liquid can cause things to overflow much more quickly than anticipated.

Thanks for the clarification... I won't hold my breath then. It's just the last thing I want to see happen is for them to even come out with a newly redesigned unit within a year of me buying another Evo.

I only plan on filling it up about halfway with ISO, I'll be very careful. Thanks for the advice.

waxdab23

I just posted this in the wemo thread then realized that thread hadn't any activity since 2014 lol.

So I just installed a WEMO for my EVO.

I'm sure I'll figure my question out after spending some time with it, but I'm impatient and all I wanna figure out is....

If I set it to turn the EVO on at 8am and then off at 8pm, will that override the EVO auto shut off?

Or do I need to set rules using intervals to turn it back on when it shuts off after an hour?

Edit: think I just figured it out. does not override shutoff.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
do I need to set rules using intervals to turn it back on when it shuts off after an hour?
Evo shuts off after an hour.

Since Evo auto shut-off is 60 minutes it is very easy to use an outlet timer to keep your Evo on 24/7 by having the device turn Evo off/on once every hour.

My unit has run for well over a year on an outlet timer, it's still going strong. Very strong . . . :tup:

Your results may vary, and VXL has said they will not honor warranty with devices used this way.

outlet.jpg

Last edited:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
If you are worried about spilling liquid when you fill the EVO for cleaning try this. Take a sandwich baggie...you know the kind:brow: Your meds may have come in one...haha. Anyway take a baggie and cut a tiny slit in the very bottom of the bag in the center. Then stretch that slit over the male joint on the EVO on top and it should stretch enough to create a plastic seal against the glass and then you can pull the rest of the baggie over the top of your whole EVO. Voila! Splash guard. I've held mine under the faucet in the sink to flush out ISO when rinsing with no worries and no issues.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I would just use a q tip and tape it to a skewer and then dip the q tip in ISO, and clean the bamboo...

I haven't felt any need to clean the bamboo after over 2 years...but I never used the nail...if that makes any difference...

When I used the nails heavy, a clean was kind of getting in order, but just through usage IDK seems like my bamboo is pretty clean? Don't know where that dab residue went (probably my lungs :p ) but I'm with you, the EVO with flowers is one of the cleanest vapes out. Sometimes I qtip the top joint when it gets sticky. Don't remember the last time I did though :lol:

Saw people asking how to get clouds? I heatsoak mine, but this thing is a cloud machine it shouldn't be too difficult. Give it 10 minutes on max, turn down to your temp, should be g2g.

I was loving my EVO this weekend during football :) Strawberry cough was Stawberry smooooooooth at 11 o clock.

I love my EVO and it's one of my best purchases for sure.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
If I were to run my EVO around the clock, I would be sure that the temp setting was not high. It is sustained very high heat that can stress the unit; excessive heat is the enemy of all electronic devices. So also be sure the unit is in a location where ambient heat will not build up around it. As @t-dub noted previously, the warranty is voided if the unit fails when being run 24/7.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
But wouldn't it be nice to come home to an EVO that's been on fir 30 minutes and soaked in heat? No waiting.

To me, no.
Cleaning and using are 2 different attributes and cleaning for me is therapeutic.

If I were to run my EVO around the clock, I would be sure that the temp setting was not high. It is sustained very high heat that can stress the unit; excessive heat is the enemy of all electronic devices. So also be sure the unit is in a location where ambient heat will not build up around it. As @t-dub noted previously, the warranty is voided if the unit fails when being run 24/7.

Having it turned on at temp "1" for 2-3 hours is not big deal right?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Hope you had a happy Halloween. Glad at least one of you were spooked by my gag. My next question wa going to be about tricking the EVO to stay on.

Otherwise, I turn it quickly on/off just before I draw as a habit of keeping it on. If I space beyond that, Well it should have ben off.

Knocked over my EVO and freaked 3x rearranging my place. Well there's free silicone wristbands on the way. Already ordered one of these wide ones that I might cut to go over the dial area and perhaps make clock marks at 2:00 and 2:30. Better than squinting at corners of the hex nut. I fugure.
s-l64.jpg

Don't know what color I'm ending up with. But whether I get a Men's pink or not, I plan on protecting my EVO from shock if it tips over. Next is cable management. So glad mine is attached to a 3 prong adapter instead of a plug.

Have 3 heat jackets for it already from the seller. Jeez with the fussy wristbands and the 3 other colors to choose from. I think my EVO is turning into a dressup doll. :haw:

I am going with the green one in my pic. Oh fine. I'll get it one of these too. At least it's textured. So It will grip better.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YF8AAOSwE6VXJD72/s-l1600.jpg

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: kellya86

Nesta

Thanks for the reply t-dub! So Seibo has gone on record then and said this? I tried what you said and it appears nothing is broken visually and it appears as if there are no leaks. Although I just requested an RMA I might actually wait to get my Hydrabomb first before sending it in.

It's still noticably hotter and while the burning smell did go away, there is still a hint of it. I think it might be a good time to clean the bamboo but I've never done it before and was always hesitant to because of being worried about getting iso into the unit. Is the proper way just to plug both ends of the bamboo with those 2 red plugs that came with our Evo's and shake it with ISO? Just want to be sure, thanks for your help!
I've yet to clean the bamboo on my EVO but I wouldn't use those red plugs. I'm pretty sure they'd leak.

And from what I've read - be very careful not to overfill the bamboo, it doesn't hold much liquid. You certainly don't want any liquid to spill down into the electronics.

Top Bottom