Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian can you comment on this hydrabase. I'm considering this version or the one called "Circle sidecut foot stand" because it has a much bigger gap between the base and 18mm female connection for EVO.
I got the basic one that works with the FC MOUTHPIECE.

I need to order the wider base for my large hydro-tube?

@t-dub has better stuff than I.

I have less than 20 pieces at present.
Before I had 30. (broken)

When I was a young gun JOINTS were are first line of defence.

These dayz water path and a vaporizer like a EVO = CIVILIZED

milkmann

@milkmann are you using a hydratube???
If so are you doing a primer draw first, to clear the empty space and get the vapour flowing....????

Nice to see more wardrobe warriors....
I'm using the NamasteVapes 18mm water tool, similar to a hydrotube I think. Also, my unit after a while flashes green. What does this mean? Not the overheating red/green, just green. Cheers!

milkmann,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@His_Highness I don't leave the ELB in the top while it's heating up. I pop it in and leave it around 10 seconds then hit it, then take it out, stir, and repeat. I used some different material, I got better vapor, but still 1 decent hit, and then nothing really after, at about 2pm, 15 mins heating up. What is a primer hit? I'm hitting it fast and hard (no jokes pls) at the beginning for the first 10 or so then slightly easing off.

Would you suggest I do something different/try something in regards to heating the ELB? This was something I was going to suggest, actually waiting longer than 10-20 seconds before hitting.

A primer hit is the first hit out of a new bowl that heat soaks the herb so the subsequent hit is optimized and ready due to the pre-heating.

Try this....it's what I was taught to do by @stickstones when I first got the EVO:
- Fill your ELB and put it in.
- Set to max temp and once it reaches max temp immediately set to 12.
- When the temp at 12 is reached - don't wait.....hit it. Leave the ELB in and...
- Second hit should be way better than the first in terms of vapor now that it has been heated a bit. Leave the ELB in and...
- Repeat till beat....

milkmann

A primer hit is the first hit out of a new bowl that heat soaks the herb so the subsequent hit is optimized and ready due to the pre-heating.

Try this....it's what I was taught to do by @stickstones when I first got the EVO:
- Fill your ELB and put it in.
- Set to max temp and once it reaches max temp immediately set to 12.
- When the temp at 12 is reached - don't wait.....hit it. Leave the ELB in and...
- Second hit should be way better than the first in terms of vapor now that it has been heated a bit. Leave the ELB in and...
- Repeat till beat....
Ok sure, I'll give this a go, just so I follow exactly (seeing as this is a method which works for you), how much herb do you use during this method, and roughly how many hits should I get? How long should I wait between hits, and should I stir?

Thank you!

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Number of hits is dependent on too many variables to be able to say how many a person will get
I take massive draws and unless my material is exceptional or I've overfilled I'll only ever hit an ELB once (@1:30)as the vapour has thinned by the end of the draw and the second draw is wispy and dry.
Someone else may take smaller draws and be able to hit a similarly filled ELB two or three times before the vapour diminishes

His_Highness

Ok sure, I'll give this a go, just so I follow exactly (seeing as this is a method which works for you), how much herb do you use during this method, and roughly how many hits should I get? How long should I wait between hits, and should I stir?

Thank you!

I would loosely fill the ELB about half way. Medium grind, don't pack it. Depending on the herb you should get around 4 to 5 hits. I've got excellent lung capacity due to running but I don't try to fill my lungs to capacity. I fill my lungs about 1/2 to 3/4 and the last quarter hit is just me using regular air to drive it deeper into my lungs. No waiting between hits needed and no stirring needed.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Also, my unit after a while flashes green. What does this mean? Not the overheating red/green, just green. Cheers!
Hey man :)

I believe the general consensus is that the red/green LED flash combination is due to the 1 hour timer auto shut-off.

And just flashing green is likely due to overheat - mine does this a lot, & cycling the power will not resolve the issue. This is because the unit actually needs to cool down to a certain temperature before it will reset to normal operation.

However, it is possible to shorten this wait time by taking blank hits on your Evo (while it is switched off) to cool it down much quicker.

When mine flahes green, I turn it off, sit my hydrotube on top & take 3 or 4 good, long, empty hits - then I flick the switch back on, & generally find that all is well with the world :myday:

:peace:

No-Wrinkle

@No-Wrinkle have you got any tips for loading? Anything specific? @VegNVape okay thanks, thought it might be a dodgy unit! Going to try this all out now :) thanks guys its much appreciated!
I suppose the first component of loading is your grind. I use a mendomulcher to grind my herb. I wouldn't say it's particularly fine or rough. It's just a nice medium grind.

Now loading the ELB. There are two ways I like to load mine depending on the situation. If I am alone or with one other person I will pour some ground weed into my tray, take one pinch and drop it into the ELB. After that I tap the ELB onto the table and make sure that the entire bottom of the basket is covered in a thin layer of bud. Using this technique I get 1-3 hits. The first one is usually quite thick and dense and it tapers off after that. The goal while loading this type of basket is to just cover the bottom of the ELB with bud and to lightly tap it down. I find this technique to be the most effient way to get me where I want in a 1-2 person setting.

If I am going to smoke with 3+ people then I fill my bowl to 1/3 - 1/2 with bud. I lightly tap the ELB on the table to make sure none of it sticking on the sides and that's it.

The next part of this scenario is your heat setting. Typically I just leave mine at the 3pm setting. This gets me the biggest clouds and high as shit. It won't taste as good as 12 but I still enjoy it. This may not be what you want to do in the long run but you might want to try it out for the sake of testing your vape and getting used to using it.

Turn the Evo on, set it to 3pm, wait until it turns green, wait 5 minutes more, load an ELB with your preferred method discussed above, place ELB in the Evo, and enjoy! (Using glass or whip or whatever you use)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I must admit, the real devastator looks so much better than the FC mod. What does the original cost?
IIRC . . . I think it was about $400 when I originally purchased it. Funny thing is, when I first saw it, I didn't want one. @Slightly Medicated convinced me to buy it. This is when he was working for VXL.
....fuck...t-dub has better stuff than anybody...damn great knowledge too..on a myriad of subjects...
Lets not get carried away. There are people with glass collections on this forum that make mine look lame. A lot of the pieces I have I was just in the right place at the right time to get.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IIRC . . . I think it was about $400 when I originally purchased it. Funny thing is, when I first saw it, I didn't want one. @Slightly Medicated convinced me to buy it. This is when he was working for VXL.

Lets not get carried away. There are people with glass collections on this forum that make mine look lame. A lot of the pieces I have I was just in the right place at the right time to get.
No one can even come close to your success!

JOINTS is all we had when I was living in HAWAII.
BonG's did not appeal to many and considered UNCIVILIZED

EVO = FLAVOR

Vital

So I've been loving the cloud evo ever since I got it. I had the d020 for a while. However, this week I got the hydrabomb. Yesterday night after I left the apartment my roommate broke the hydrabomb. It lived only one night in my apartment before it was broken. My roommate is paying me back. I am considering just turning around and buying another one. I liked it a lot and I am getting my money back so I don't think it's a bad idea. I would like to hear if anyone has any other suggestions for me. The hydrabomb was awesome but is there anything better for a comparable or cheaper price?

I really like this Hydratube, it's well made, and comes with a Hydrafoot:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-26cm-tall-glass-bong-mouthpiece/262624940.html

Vital,

milkmann

@No-Wrinkle @His_Highness @Pyr0 i tried the methods and still no luck. Unless it's the quality of my material (which I hope it's not as I'll be buggered - I don't get it off the UK street usually, and anything I do get I make sure is HQ so if this is the problem then I might as well move to America!) I think it must be my Evo being dodgy. I have sent them an email asking them if they could point me in the direction of any service people in the UK. If there's any UK Evo owners in the west country, and wouldn't mind testing my unit, please feel free! Would compensate in herb and money. It might just be me being an idiot, but I don't think it is!

Pls help

:(

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I would try contacting Vapefiend as well to see if they can help as they are the UK distributors and offer bamboo repairs.
If I lived closer, I would have been happy to test it for you. :shrug:

How does your AVB look after vaping?
Is it dark and spent, or still light/green?

His_Highness

@No-Wrinkle @His_Highness @Pyr0 i tried the methods and still no luck. Unless it's the quality of my material (which I hope it's not as I'll be buggered - I don't get it off the UK street usually, and anything I do get I make sure is HQ so if this is the problem then I might as well move to America!) I think it must be my Evo being dodgy. I have sent them an email asking them if they could point me in the direction of any service people in the UK. If there's any UK Evo owners in the west country, and wouldn't mind testing my unit, please feel free! Would compensate in herb and money. It might just be me being an idiot, but I don't think it is!

Pls help

:(

Sorry the advice didn't work out for you. If you aren't seeing vapor, and more importantly feeling the effects after following all the advice..... you're right.... it's either the herb or the EVO. Some herb won't cloud up for you but still gets you toasted so it's not always a good idea to base a successful session on the clouds/vapor alone.

So with all that testing did you get a buzz? Milky, vapor clouds that are so thick you can't see through them are not the norm for me during regular use. I get decent clouds after the first hit but they're not so thick I can't see through them. Some folks see the cloudy videos and assume if they aren't seeing the same milky clouds there's something wrong. I can create clouds like that after the first hit (priming) but I have to use the 2 o'clock setting for all hits and I don't get as many hits and the flavor doesn't last as long so I don't do that.

milkmann

Sorry the advice didn't work out for you. If you aren't seeing vapor, and more importantly feeling the effects after following all the advice..... you're right.... it's either the herb or the EVO. Some herb won't cloud up for you but still gets you toasted so it's not always a good idea to base a successful session on the clouds/vapor alone.

So with all that testing did you get a buzz? Milky, vapor clouds that are so thick you can't see through them are not the norm for me during regular use. I get decent clouds after the first hit but they're not so thick I can't see through them. Some folks see the cloudy videos and assume if they aren't seeing the same milky clouds there's something wrong. I can create clouds like that after the first hit (priming) but I have to use the 2 o'clock setting for all hits and I don't get as many hits and the flavor doesn't last as long so I don't do that.
Thank you for the advice though, it was appreciated. I get a slight buzz, but based on that, I'd have to re-load four or five times to get where I want to be (each load is 0.1-0.15g). The thing is, my first hit is always the best, and it diminishes after that, every time, usually the next hit has barely anything visible,t hen nothing after that. this is with various loads, packing techniques and herb strains.

@Pyr0 ABV is usually unevenly vaped, some light brown, others dark coffee-like brown. It depends on what temp I've had it at, but it's always uneven like that. I've contacted VapeFiend also. thanks very much!

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I dunno mann, I could be completely wrong, but to me it sounds like the Evo is extracting the goodies. Perhaps it's just the particular strain/batch of flower you have :shrug:
I have a tiny bit of purple bud here I was given which doesn't milk up my turbine, but on the other end I have some skywalker that clouds the tube more than any other strain I've had... so far

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thank you for the advice though, it was appreciated. I get a slight buzz, but based on that, I'd have to re-load four or five times to get where I want to be (each load is 0.1-0.15g). The thing is, my first hit is always the best, and it diminishes after that, every time, usually the next hit has barely anything visible,t hen nothing after that. this is with various loads, packing techniques and herb strains.

@Pyr0 ABV is usually unevenly vaped, some light brown, others dark coffee-like brown. It depends on what temp I've had it at, but it's always uneven like that. I've contacted VapeFiend also. thanks very much!
I love to chase flavor.
After the first rip I stir!
Seem that the flavor last longer that way?

KimDracula

I think your instincts are probably right. I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to great herb living in California but I feel like you're gonna know roughly what you should be able to extract from the stuff you're getting. 0.15g-0.2g is about what I load and even with less potent herb it sounds like you should be getting a lot more. It also sounds like the AVB isn't really spent. With just one little stir/shake/flick of the ELB I get a very even extraction. There really isn't a big learning curve with this vape so if it isn't working well I doubt it's your technique so if it's not the bud it must be the machine IMO.

UnidenWallet

I dunno mann, I could be completely wrong, but to me it sounds like it's extracting the goodies, but maybe it's just the particular strain/batch :shrug:
I have a tiny bit of purple bud here I was given which doesn't milk up my turbine, but on the other end I have some skywalker that clouds the tube more than any other strain I've had... so far

It's gotta be the bud.. I grew some outdoor Pineapple Express autoflower and it doesnt milk up as much in my Evo. But when I use my indoor sticky Gods Gift, it milks up sooo white. Some strains vaporize easier than others.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
ABV is usually unevenly vaped, some light brown, others dark coffee-like brown. It depends on what temp I've had it at, but it's always uneven like that. I've contacted VapeFiend also. thanks very much!

It's gotta be the bud.. I grew some outdoor Pineapple Express autoflower and it doesnt milk up as much in my Evo. But when I use my indoor sticky Gods Gift, it milks up sooo white. Some strains vaporize easier than others.

I notice this trait in my dry, but uncured bud, once cured properly, it will vape an even golden brown, under that same conditions.

The pockets of moisture still locked up inside your herb don't cook, while the dry bits over roast as you try to extract from moist bits...

This would explain your avb and lack of vapour...

Kanna_Kult

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys, anyone know of any discount codes from vapexhale?

Kanna_Kult,
Top Bottom