Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
My re-re-calibrated EVO arrived yesterday and I guess the third time's a charm. I don't usually vape during the week but this is the EVO we are talking about here! I let it warm up at 3 for about 40 minutes and the top half was hotter than I've experienced before. I loaded up an ELB with a tenth of a gram and sat the EVO right on top of my Ion for the first hit. Finally some MILKY goodness filled the whole can. I exhaled a nebula and I knew immediately that it was running much hotter than before. I got one more medium sized hit and the ELB was spent. Herb was chocolate brown and I was really high.

I am a happy panda now. VXL threw in some extra ELBs and wristbands which was a very nice gesture. Thanks for getting it right guys. :)

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Now that I've had my Cloud EVO for about a week, thought it was time for some more thoughts/reviews about it.

First off, I still LOVE the thing. Definitely my favorite vaporizer that I've used.

Positive:
-This thing brings the clouds! ELB's just keep going and going and going....
-Bottom of unit stays cool to the touch even after hours of being on
-Very light, I don't worry about stress on my glass
-Detachable power cord is a nice touch. Very handy when passing it around the room.

Negative:
-First attempt at concentrates was a fail
-More people don't know about this thing!
-Didn't buy the Swagger Barrel for $50 (just went with the free dry mouthpiece since I planned to use my bubbler)

I've found I usually start my vaping session at noon. After a few hits I move the dial up to 1:30ish for a few more hits before finally finishing the ELB off at 3. By that time the ABV is a nice roasted coffee color. I'm still astounded by how many hits the EVO produces. I can think the ELB is cashed, but still pull another rip out of it.

I've only attempted concentrates once so far with the EVO. I turned the dial up to max and let it heat soak for ~20-30 minutes. I used a regular ELB, and put a small piece of shatter (maybe ~.1g) in the bottom. I put the ELB in, inverted the EVO into my piece, and hit it. I tried hitting it for maybe 10 or so seconds before giving up. When I stopped and looked, I saw that the shatter had melted and dripped through the ELB into my piece. I could see the re-solidified shatter floating in my bubbler.

So not sure what the issue was, thought I gave the unit enough time to heat up. I've thought that maybe my unit runs a little cooler then some other people's units. This is simply based on the fact that I've read some people start their sessions at 9-10 and end just past noon. But who knows, I will need to try a couple other techniques (mini-ELB's, cotton in it, etc). So if anyone has any suggestions, fire away!

I wish I would have picked up a Swagger Barrel for $50. Was trying to save some cash, and decided I'd just use the EVO in my bubbler. It works amazingly well in the bubbler, no issues there, I just find I have a strong urge to try a hydratube now :) Maybe I'll pick up a LE one in the classifieds soon...

tl;dr: The EVO rocks, still pleased with my purchase.

alex h

Can anyone else recommend any methods for concentrates in the EVO? I've searched and found the 2 cap and cotton methods, but anyone else have any experiences?

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Buen día :)
I have another little story about EVOness....
Right now, Potland OR, and The Couv Wa, in Salem is actually snowing now,
is under snow storm advisory. Just less than 2 inches maybe, but you know, here, in this particular area, they take snow really serious, we can't drive our beautiful SUVs or 4x4 in the city, we need to do it in the outdoors, like commercials, if we will ever leave town with 2in of snow :)
Jajajjajajaja while in other states they drive with 10+ inches :) jajajajaja
Got to love Portland , Vancouver area.
I don't own an AWD SUV or 4x4, just a cheapo Focus hatchback Z5 FW drive.
Out drives 4x4 sometimes in road snow conditions :)
Temps have been freezing, wind is crazy and wind chill makes outside temps -F yesterday night....
After vaping in the shed late night, came back to watch more Netflix, took pain and muscle pills and fall sleep...
I left EVO all night long in the outside shed :(
To my happiness this morning , I brave the cold, limping in one leg to the shed, and I found.... A frozen Felazi recycler, a frozen gridded barrel to turbine HT, BUT a 12noon hot to the touch EVO (thanks Wemo for on/off):rockon:
Return to the house and bring back Matrix and rip the guts of 3 preloaded ELBs.
Time in action in the freezing , less than 5 minutes.
Medication level = :smug:
Stay vaped...

Last edited:

biohacker

I wish I would have picked up a Swagger Barrel for $50. Was trying to save some cash, and decided I'd just use the EVO in my bubbler. It works amazingly well in the bubbler, no issues there, I just find I have a strong urge to try a hydratube now :) Maybe I'll pick up a LE one in the classifieds soon...

Hey dude, thanks for your feedback! I'm still saving pennies for the EVO, but planning my purchase in the not too distant future so I have been eyeing that Swagger Barrel as well. Just to make you feel a bit better, if you opted for the Swagger Barrel instead of the dry mouthpiece, ya it would have only been $50 more, but you wouldn't get that $30 dry mouthpiece, which is a very fine accessory to have for purist taste.

Kudos to VXL (and Swagger) for giving us an affordable quality HT option!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hey dude, thanks for your feedback! I'm still saving pennies for the EVO, but planning my purchase in the not too distant future so I have been eyeing that Swagger Barrel as well. Just to make you feel a bit better, if you opted for the Swagger Barrel instead of the dry mouthpiece, ya it would have only been $50 more, but you wouldn't get that $30 dry mouthpiece, which is a very fine accessory to have for purist taste.

Kudos to VXL (and Swagger) for giving us an affordable quality HT option!

For sure, that was my rationalization behind my decision.

If you're thinking about the Swagger Barrel for $50, you might want to jump on that. Don't quote me, but I want to say I read that VXL was planning on running that special til the Cannabis Cup is over (this weekend). But who knows if that's still the plan. Either way, you might want to contact them to see if they plan on ending that special soon.

biohacker

Thanks for the heads up! What I really crave in an EVO package is an Evolver. But with so much around the corner it's just crazy awesome anyway you slice or dice it.

biohacker,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I wish my mode of transportation were a cloud.

e83i.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Okay, I am seriously loving my EVO.

Multiple hits at 9, before work, totally backs off my (particular) pain, and there is minimal/no messing with my head. The little bit that there is, is really just shutting off the "noise". Realizing the benefits of the anti-inflammatory elements in cannabis is fabulous.

Now that I'm back home (it was way too soon to return to work), however, I turn it up to noon to get the full spectrum.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Try different ELB load sizes. I get brown ABV at 9, if I have over a 1/4 ELB. I have yellow ABV at 3, if I use less than 1/4 ELB. Number of hits doesn't seem to matter much when it comes to color of ABV (well, it has to be at least a couple of hits).

Enchantre,

timmahsan

treEnt
I am SO excited to place my order for an EVO based on all these reviews! Sadly, I won't be able to use it because I'm on some welbutrin, and from what I read, it can interact with MMJ. But, I'll soon be off it and will be able to enjoy the glory of the EVO + Recycler Tube (as soon as it goes for sale) soon! :D

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
ok, end of my first week with my EVO. Must say all my expectations are met and I'm a happy vaporizer.

The herb loaded as 1/8 teaspoon into the ELB gives me two nice clouds on 1 o'clock with nice dark brown results.

Next i did the suggest errl mini ELB. Took a screen from the Extreme Q and replace the large outer screen. Then I made a small bucket in the bottom of a ELB cap. Using needle nose pliers I made the bucket round and flat.

Put a small piece of org cotton in the small bucket, throw some errl in the EQ screen, assemble and throw in EVO set to max.

The best favored errl yet. More so that my quartz dnail at 715 degrees...

Only issues are the hydro tube angle which a ticket will resolve and that timeout drives me crazy :)

If I knew a while back what I know now, I would have grabbed this earlier, before the dnail even. I use this EVO more that any other item I have...

Now, I need a backup, good things turn bad once you need them and something goes wrong, which in life wait for it...

This baby is the cat's meow and the dog's favorite toy!

JCat

Accessory Maker
I just tried the stock (dry) glass mouthpiece for the first time.
It's tasty, and highly effective :freak: :smug:
When I used it on the Cloud+ I found it WAY too hot ... not enough cooling (really like my Original Evolver/VXL circ dry and my showerdome dry with ice, but the straight mouthpiece felt incredibly hot ... !)

Edit: Obviously just IMHO ... probably because I like nice big hauls :)

Starless

And bible black
The cold in Philly has finally gotten to me. I've had a cold the past 2 days and have been feeling like garbage. 'Cept when I whip out the EVO, of course! Really been enjoying the low temps while I'm sick. As long as I let it heatsoak fully, I can pull some slightly thin, but still large, clouds. At 11-12 I get more of a punch. I love that you can still pull large clouds at these lower temps. This, along with my swaggercirc, has really saved my throat from irritation (which I really can't tolerate much of, at the moment!) If I was still using my Da Buddha, I don't think I would've been able to vape at all these past 2 days.

Also, @stonemonkey55 I never noticed the connection between your logo and the Monkey King, despite having read a large portion of it in a college English class a few years back. Just one thing to make the EVO cooler! (Or maybe I should say 'hotter.' A cool EVO doesn't hit as hard :D)

Top Bottom