1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 4, 2013.

1. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

Any of you guys doing an all glass pathway instead of using silicone whips to a glass piece? Would love to find a cheap 18 mm female adapter connected to all glass to probably a 14 mm male facing down with the in between glass tube being 6-8 inches. Tia

ataxian likes this.
  2. InhaleExhale

InhaleExhale #Itsjustfukkinbreathing

I frequently use the EVO inverted on a FC-187. Short airway path and great flavor. I only bring out the whips for when I am using the EVO with friends as I'd rather not have them handle the EVO directly (to invert). Wanting to maintain flavor my whip is only about 10” long, I use the EVO whip GonG adapters.

Only comment I have is that not every water piece works with the EVO inverted, as it could be right in your face on certain WPs.

Oregonglassblower.com makes some great 18/14 reducers.

3. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

OGB make strong MOUTHPIECE'S = NEED ONE FROM OGB = (want)
    [​IMG]

The EVO deliver's EFFECT/FLAVOR = NO ISSUE

CIVILIZED = FLAVOR

2 Cycle, InhaleExhale and habitat-fc like this.
  4. coyote_5

coyote_5 Member

I'm interested in this as well... anyone tried either of the Swiss hydros?

ataxian likes this.
  5. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

[​IMG]
    OREGON GLASS BLOWER'S = CIVILIZED

EVO if your a BALLER?

Justpassedu likes this.
  6. bener4

bener4 Vapeologist

VapeXhale SuperBowl Sale - 20% OFF

Folks, I thought you may want to know about this:

I got an email from VapeXhale about their 20% off sitewide sale :-)

The discount code is SPRBWL2018

Sale ends Monday, February 5, 2018 at midnight

If you were thinking of trying something out or getting some accessories, now may be a good time.

And, on another note ....

I would contact them to make sure if this applies to glassware too, but VapeXhale does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. So presumably you can try it and see if you actually like it.

Plus -- you can get it at a great price if you decide to do so while they have the sale on. I'm having a hard time not getting anything else right now :\

Oh, and by way of introduction, as this is my first message ... Hello all. I'm Bener and use the same handle on the other vape sites. Hope to learn a lot more from you folks as I already have learned enough to help me make an informed purchase recently of an Evo (pics to come).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  7. Ripbongs420

Ripbongs420 vapiff

So when are we gonna hear about this portable they got in the works? That survey got me excited. Anything from sm55? I've been waiting for this! I need a porta-cloud in my life :haw:

Summer likes this.
  8. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the survey they emailed. Don't know if they are still in the designing or prototype stage, or they have a pre-defined portable & the survey was strictly for marketing purposes. Surely hope the latter is the case. I can't wait to see what they come out with. :drool:

9. bener4

bener4 Vapeologist

I never saw this survey ... what sort of questions did they ask?

From the comments here (and elsewhere), I've gotten the sense that VXL is contemplating a portable product. Is that the case? @Summer's words suggest that it is the case. That would be very cool.

10. oldiebutgoodie

oldiebutgoodie Apostle, Church of Vaporization

Seibo has been talking about a portable for about a couple years now. The questions in the survey cited above are usually those asked early in the development process, when features are being decided upon and prioritized. Like so many very small companies which are typically hand-to-mouth operations with limited capital, VXL's intentions have always been way ahead of its capabilities. To his credit, Seibo's focus in on staying ahead of the competition, so when it does arrive, there is a good chance it will be an exciting product. But when is anybody's guess.

It must be 100% airtight because it is a single glass piece. The recommended way to check is to place your finger over the bottom opening and then try to pull air up through the joint. You should not be able to get any air at all.

Yes, probably so. However, the dense mesh serves a purpose: With the draw, the ELB is pressurized and turbulence is created, which makes for even and efficient vaporization.

:myday::science::peace:

11. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I think based on Seibo's interview in 2016 that the portable may be right around the corner. I do think we will see it this year.

"While Shen could continue on his path with new Vapexhale desktop models, he has an eye on a different prize. After spending an hour at his office chatting, he unveiled the designs for his new portable vaporizer. Totally unique from anything I have seen, sleek and transportable, his new portable device is going to turn heads and garner even more attention than he has had to date. Anticipated release date is 2017, so keep an eye out for it."

As I said, I think the survey may be for advertising purposes. This way they can emphasize the selling points that are important to their customer base.

My :2c:.

Silver420Surfer and JCat like this.
  12. Erixk557

Erixk557 Active Member

What site has the best deal on the evo currently? trying to decide before the Super Bowl deal ends tonight.

13. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

Interesting, are you saying VXL tested various meshes ? I was talking about 10% difference...

As for a portable VXL product, sign me up please :)
    I wish the ease of use and maintenance (hopefully free) would be in the more important factors.

14. oldiebutgoodie

I don't know what meshes were tested. My comment is taken from conversations I had with Seibo about the Cloud's physics, during its beta phase (my background is in electronics product development & manufacturing). Turbulence in the basket was a design objective to facilitate even exposure of the herb to the hot air flow. I don't know whether 10% would make a difference. Keep in mind though that this effect is not necessarily linear.

MonkeyTime, Stoned Cold and m0sh like this.
  15. bener4

bener4 Vapeologist

The turbulence aspect makes sense to me. In their videos and tips, it's clear that not over-filling the ELBs is important, though they don't say why (or at least I've not noticed).

I'm with you on wanting to clean baskets (or anything for that matter) less, @m0sh.
    I've been doing a bit of experimenting, and I have found that when I load up the baskets with less material, I have a lot less cleaning to do. In fact, although it's not ideal, if I load up more-or-less one-hit baskets, I just empty them out and I don't have much cleaning to do other than brushing out the ELBs every few loads.

Of course, if I mix in something like kief, the material is stickier and cleaning need goes up. Seibo's tip about soaking ELBs regularly is, to me, the easiest solution overall. If you do soaking more regularly, a soak of as little as 30-40 mins is effective. Material like kief also raises the issue that mesh that's too large may not work well with material that's fine grained.

I do use a small test-tube type (cylindrical) brush on the inside and outside of the ELBs to brush them clean them regularly, and I believe that cuts down on my overall need to soak.

Thank you for expanding on this and giving me some more perspective! It seems that you and @Summer may have a different sense of how imminent this may be, but I think we all agree that whenever it is, it'll be something to get excited about.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Stoned Cold likes this.
  16. m0sh

HELP!
    The EVO is glowing red/orange from the inside, what does it mean? :( is it dead ???? :(

EDIT: it looks alive, I mean, I can turn it on and the glowing red is back on, but I'm afraid to use it after seeing the middle glowing in orange...

I'll use my 2nd evo for now

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  17. oldiebutgoodie

Have you checked the bamboo for a crack?

18. bener4

bener4 Vapeologist

Try calling Vapexhale -- their customer service is very good and perhaps via the phone call they can help you better evaluate the situation.

Good luck!!!

19. oldiebutgoodie

IIRC @m0sh is in Europe. ;)

:myday::peace:

20. bener4

bener4 Vapeologist

Maybe then an old fashioned email :-)

oldiebutgoodie likes this.
  21. Kikinglouie

Kikinglouie New Member

Does anyone know where to buy an evo in austin Texas ?

22. m0sh

Yes.
    No crack, I was able to block the air path from both sides.

What could it be?

Already emailed VapeFiend :) Cheers mate.

Question remains, since the bamboo appears to be in tact, should I try to turn the EVO on again?

EDIT: According to VF, I should try to keep using it...ok well...lets see what happens tonight :) will report back...

The "Backup" EVO( OG Indiegogo) works like a charm :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  23. bener4

bener4 Vapeologist

You're welcome! I hope you had a very successful experiment ... Did you have both of those EVOs running at the same time? :leaf:

I don't, as I live on the other side of the country but, I do know that if you aren't able to find one locally, consider getting it from Vapexhale direct as they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Of course any local vendor may have the same kind of deal (or better) as well, but, if you don't find anything, keep that option in mind.

24. Kikinglouie

Kikinglouie New Member

Can’t find it anywhere in austin. Maybe somewhere in Texas ? I don’t want a volcano but I want a desktop vape. Is the cloud evo the way to go?

25. oldiebutgoodie

I don't know. Where you saw the glow is around the point the heater wraps the glass, the only time I've seen that is when the glass was cracked. I'm glad yours is not, but other than a crack or overheating (isn't yours a 220 unit?), I can't think of a reason. When you try the unit again, take note of any change in performance. With my unit, it was the higher heat and near combustion that alerted me to the problem before I noticed the glow.

I sold my backup EVO, which I now regret. I do still have my Cloud OG though, and that beast still works great.

Good luck!

:myday::peace:

JCat and m0sh like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors