Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So VapeXnails are actually not 50% more efficient as speculated? They just deliver the dab differently?

Not 50% more efficient than an e-nail with a Liger and SiC insert...no afraid not. BUT that setup costs as much as an Evo and is only for concentrates. The Evo delivers damn good hits of concentrate with amazing flavor, plus it does flower better than almost anything. You may get 50% more from your product vs. Torch dabbing, but not much better than a high end enail setup (apples and oranges). But if the Evo can even come close to match a high end enail for dabs that's incredible to me (It CAN!). The only downfall is the fragile and very overpriced quartz nails, no SiC alternatives, and they are a pain to load hot without having several to rotate when you have a few people wanting a dab. That's where my enail becomes light years easier and better for dabs. But I mainly use my Evo for Flowers anyway :)

Last edited:

Justpassedu

So VapeXnails are actually not 50% more efficient as speculated? They just deliver the dab differently?
I personally find them more efficient as apposed to taking a dab on a nail . I can use less with the vapexnail and feel like I am getting the same amount. A small bb sized dab is all you really need using the vapexnail , of course I take a few of them. I recently got a enail that I am enjoying allot but still find the vapexnail to require using less material and it def feels a bit more efficient for me. I am using a quartz dish with my enail , I just feel with the enail you need a bit more to see the vapor flowing compared to the vapexnail.

malsanti

So one of the absolute most delightful things about vaporizing I have discovered today, which is vaporizing is not a gimmick when it comes to being healthier.

I did cardio today, and the improvement in my lung ability is insane. That lack of my heart racing quickly is also very impressive. I have also noticed another very desirable thing, my teeth are much much cleaner, and don't build plaque anywhere near as easily. These are very noticeable and dramatic differences, not minor at all.

I am glad, because I couldn't find too much information disproving the worry that these are glorified smoking devices. I mean obviously, the taste and flavor is way better, but I am glad the other aspects have also proved to not be a gimmick.

Got a Firefly 2 on the way, and am wondering if I should get another handheld, i wonder what will complement it nicely.

Tony Timeless

I called today and according to vapefiend this is how all the UK, and perhaps EU ones are sent to them. If no one here can contradict that with their experience, no reason to doubt him, I suppose.

Let me know how you receive yours.

No reason to ever doubt @VapeFiend.com for sure, these guys offer the best service possible, I'm sure it's all fine ;) will report. hopefully tomorrow if I am one lucky guy :)

Tony Timeless,
Reactions: malsanti

Tony Timeless

No reason to ever doubt @VapeFiend.com for sure, these guys offer the best service possible, I'm sure it's all fine ;) will report. hopefully tomorrow if I am one lucky guy :)

My EVO starter kit has just arrived, the packaging of the parts seems to be exactly like yours, @malsanti . I don't care at all, as long as everything works flawlessly :- )

The short mouthpiece which was included is sweet°

I have just plugged the EVO in my outlet and before i try it tonight i have an important question:

Is it recommended to clean the EVO / bamboo before i put the first ELB in? I ask, because I have just plugged it in and noticed this "factory-new"-ish smell when the device is on .
I have to put my nose directly to the glass-joint from the bamboo but there is definitely a strong noticeable smell coming from the bottom, or is this normal and I should just do an 1-hour-burn off or something?

Thanks for enlightening me guys!! ;)

edit: I haven't put the neoprene sleeve on it so far ;)

edit 2: just left the room and went outside. Back in, this smell is noticeable in the whole room, so it isn't just directly the bamboo i think. makes me unsettled somehow, i haven't came across something like this before - is it fairly normal??
I'll keep it on max for another half an hour or so, and hopefully this smell will become less noticeable ;)

Last edited:
Tony Timeless,
Reactions: ataxian

Vapor King

My EVO starter kit has just arrived, the packaging of the parts seems to be exactly like yours, @malsanti . I don't care at all, as long as everything works flawlessly :- )

I have just plugged the EVO in my outlet and before i try it tonight i have an important question:

Is it recommended to clean the EVO / bamboo before i put the first ELB in? I ask, because I have just plugged it in and noticed this "factory-new"-ish smell when the device is on .
I have to put my nose directly to the glass-joint from the bamboo but there is definitely a strong noticeable smell coming from the bottom, or is this normal and I should just do an 1-hour-burn off or something?

edit 2: just left the room and went outside. Back in, this smell is noticeable in the whole room, so it isn't just directly the bamboo i think. makes me unsettled somehow, i haven't came across something like this before - is it fairly normal??
I'll keep it on max for another half an hour or so, and hopefully this smell will become less noticeable ;)

Do a burn off....may take a day or so of use

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
so it's normal? I'm just afraid some of this smell could make its way into the bamboo?
It is getting maybe less at the moment, i'm not sure though

I did a burn off when I received mine and there was no off-gassing. Even when I inverted there was no off-gassing smell. There was some new-electronic smell from the overall device and the heat sleeve, without even being on the unit, did have a noticeable smell that wasn't too bad. When I put the heat sleeve on the unit the smell intensified a little but still wasn't too bad even though I could smell it in the room when I stepped into it. The smells were gone within 2 days.

The bamboo is glass so it's not likely to absorb much in terms of smell.

One thing I did notice is that when I pulled some of the accompanying accessories (ELB, Nail) out of the box and the black spongy material they were sitting in....there was some tiny bits of the black spongy material on them. If I hadn't noticed and brushed them off I might have gotten some off-gassing from the spongy material when I put them into the unit.

His_Highness,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I used my EVO when it arrived.
Burn off?

Never!
Will you live forever?

Oogendoogan

Lol that's weird I love my box that the Evo came in. It has a foam insert for everything so I could potentially put that in like a pelican case in the future and have perfect cut outs for hydratube, Evo and accesories. Too bad you guys in the uk aren't getting the boxes but I would trust vape fiend. As far as burn offs, my Evo smelled a bit when it came, as all things made in a factory do. I just set it to the highest temp for 10 mins and then down to 12 for a session, no bad taste, and the smell was almost 100% gone before that first session, never any smell after the first.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I was too eager to use it to do burn offs :p
I thought the neoprene sleeve smelled much more then the EVO, but even that went away after a day or so.

My Evo came in 2 boxes. A thin box for the Evo/accessories and the one for the hydratube was a bit like a shoebox, but with a foam insert to hold the glass

Last edited:

sweetherb

After years of refusing to even look at it due to a lack of digital temperature control, I too have finally broken down and ordered an EVO from Vapefiend.

It just seemed like such a good deal at the new price. I already have a couple of dhgate hydratubes that I have been using with the mighty, so the basic kit is perfect for me.

The anticipation....

malsanti

Mine came in a box like a shoe box, with foam inserts in it, and it's really nice indeed, I really like it.

One thing I have noticed, the taste changes the more you draw, towards the end, and especially at the higher temps it takes on a woody caramel type taste, that is not unpleasant, but is also from the heating/vaporizing process. Not unpleasant, but not something I seek either.

Another thing I have noticed, the taste is not quite coated into your mouth the same way it is with smoking. If you get really amazing, flavorful bud, smoking it can make it just stick in your mouth and nose for a long time, and that is such an amazing thing. I am not sure if the high is actually better with vaporizing, it feels better, but I am not sure by how much. It is certainly gentler on the body and mouth, and allows you to experience an amazing tasty and flavorful draw.

I just tried burning one, and yeah, it was kinda gross for some reason. Its going to be tough knowing if the bud is good or not, now, it seems. But, I think, vaporizers by pass a lot of bad bud? That is my theory. That it never gets hot enough to burn the leftover nutrients, chemicals and salts, that is on all bad bud.

You can mostly tell if its good by just looking at it, but if you can grind it, than you know like 90% of the time what is what, but of course once you smoke, and see how it burns, and test the taste and high, that is how you really know. Well, nothing burns with vaporizing, so it actually throws a lot of that out of the window.

Vaporizing kinda sets a different standard for what is good and bad bud. So far, I have not had a bad vaporizing session, even one bit, like how one might with bud. But, I also do get quality right now, but I don't think that's it. I think with vaporizing you are leaving a lot of potential nutes and chemicals in the bud.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I just tried burning one, and yeah, it was kinda gross for some reason. Its going to be tough knowing if the bud is good or not, now, it seems. But, I think, vaporizers by pass a lot of bad bud? That is my theory. That it never gets hot enough to burn the leftover nutrients, chemicals and salts, that is on all bad bud.

You can mostly tell if its good by just looking at it, but if you can grind it, than you know like 90% of the time what is what, but of course once you smoke, and see how it burns, and test the taste and high, that is how you really know. Well, nothing burns with vaporizing, so it actually throws a lot of that out of the window.

Vaporizing kinda sets a different standard for what is good and bad bud. So far, I have not had a bad vaporizing session, even one bit, like how one might with bud. But, I also do get quality right now, but I don't think that's it. I think with vaporizing you are leaving a lot of potential nutes and chemicals in the bud.

I believe vaporizing exposes how badly COLAS were grown.
Smoking joints does not taste nearly as good as vaporizing.

When you live in a warm climate with amazing soil and plenty of ocean wind.
Outdoor growing is best.

When you live in a shitty climate indoor growing is all you have.
The quality is pretty decent just your yields are smaller.

Laws are changing and our sacred crop will be available in most CIVILIZED SOCIETIES!
The EVO is perfect for enjoying flavor of well grown CANNABIS.
EFFECT is incredible.

Last edited:

DrNick420

I brought the EVO with me on a trip because it's such a good vape to use with friends.

It is a rare combination of efficiency, ease of use which allows the user to not need to know any technique... for most poeple, and satisfying reliable vapor production.

It's funny because i have to say for most people. My friend who i visited has been using a vapir no2 since, i dont know, 2010? same straw and mouthpiece... I shoulod just send him a new whip adapter one day... Anyway. I kept trying to explain to him, dont hit it as hard as you can! so he'd inhale slightly slower but still be way too much for the whip kit direct draw from an evo.

So for him i had to put my finger almost entirely covering the air hole on the bottom, and suddenly it worked great for him! and he was happy with the evo!

what he doesnt know is that i was holding the air tube shut every time he was hitting it.... :rofl:

So I came up with the idea to take the RED CAP that is on topp of the evo.....

poke some holes in it! put it in the bottom!

i didn't really like having to put in that much effort to hit but man you could rip it really, really hard then!

wildything

I brought the EVO with me on a trip because it's such a good vape to use with friends.

It is a rare combination of efficiency, ease of use which allows the user to not need to know any technique... for most poeple, and satisfying reliable vapor production.

It's funny because i have to say for most people. My friend who i visited has been using a vapir no2 since, i dont know, 2010? same straw and mouthpiece... I shoulod just send him a new whip adapter one day... Anyway. I kept trying to explain to him, dont hit it as hard as you can! so he'd inhale slightly slower but still be way too much for the whip kit direct draw from an evo.

So for him i had to put my finger almost entirely covering the air hole on the bottom, and suddenly it worked great for him! and he was happy with the evo!

what he doesnt know is that i was holding the air tube shut every time he was hitting it.... :rofl:

i didn't really like having to put in that much effort to hit but man you could rip it really, really hard then!
Just let the elbs get really dirty haha

wildything,

jrcmang

So does he whip adapter kit reduce the speed that you can functionally draw? The reason I ask is because I have yet to hit mine hard enough and it not keep up. In fact that's what blew me away about the evo initially...I had the mentality that slow steady drawing was the way to get big hits. Nope...the harder I ripped it the bigger the clouds. It really is the closest to combustion like performance in my opinion. Granted I've only used a hydratube and the standard mouthpiece.

waxdab23

What's up with this white build up in the bottom of my nails? Is it normal? Torching it doesn't seem to get rid of it.

Honestly, the nails in general are a pain in the ass to maintain. Any tips?

This particular nail was just torched clean a few days ago.

5w3il9N.jpg

waxdab23,

Tony Timeless

I used my EVO when it arrived.
Burn off?

Never!
Will you live forever?

great , thanks, this made me finally hit it :D

it was niiiiiice!! Flavor is so amazing, even beats my GH & E-nano, which I like both very much, too!
What i like the most, is the free flowing draws you can take , i always have been thinking, some kind of restriction would be needed for vaporizers to be able to milk bongs, but the EVO is actually able to milk my bong although i can draw with 0,0 restriction. this is very pleasant for my lungs.

some things i have noticed, maybe someone can chime in?

1. when the unit is hot - let's say it's on for about 40-50 minutes OR: just before the auto-shutoff would kick in - if i switch the rocker on the bottom to shut off and on, the green light is flashing. If I wait for about 30-40 seconds and try to shut the unit on, it's still flashing green so I have to wait 5 minutes, and then I am able to switch it on. => LED is red and is heating up again .. is this some kind of fault or intended / some kind of overheat-protection??

2. I am wondering if it's normal, that I have to dial in 4 o'clock (5 is max on my unit) to get a dark coffee brown ABV, which I am aiming for (unfortunately I cannot tolerate low temperature hits, so I need high temperatures).

3. When I shut off the EVO and the unit is standing here in front of my on my desk, I can hear crackling sounds from the device ?! This is the case now, and it has been yesterday. I checked, if the bamboo is airtight, blew some air into it with covering the bottom and everything seemed to be okay. But these crackling sounds are pretty loud actually :mental:

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

Tony Timeless,
Reactions: Pyr0

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
great , thanks, this made me finally hit it :D

it was niiiiiice!! Flavor is so amazing, even beats my GH & E-nano, which I like both very much, too!
What i like the most, is the free flowing draws you can take , i always have been thinking, some kind of restriction would be needed for vaporizers to be able to milk bongs, but the EVO is actually able to milk my bong although i can draw with 0,0 restriction. this is very pleasant for my lungs.

some things i have noticed, maybe someone can chime in?

1. when the unit is hot - let's say it's on for about 40-50 minutes OR: just before the auto-shutoff would kick in - if i switch the rocker on the bottom to shut off and on, the green light is flashing. If I wait for about 30-40 seconds and try to shut the unit on, it's still flashing green so I have to wait 5 minutes, and then I am able to switch it on. => LED is red and is heating up again .. is this some kind of fault or intended / some kind of overheat-protection??

2. I am wondering if it's normal, that I have to dial in 4 o'clock (5 is max on my unit) to get a dark coffee brown ABV, which I am aiming for (unfortunately I cannot tolerate low temperature hits, so I need high temperatures).

3. When I shut off the EVO and the unit is standing here in front of my on my desk, I can hear crackling sounds from the device ?! This is the case now, and it has been yesterday. I checked, if the bamboo is airtight, blew some air into it with covering the bottom and everything seemed to be okay. But these crackling sounds are pretty loud actually :mental:

Thanks for your help in advance! :)
Hi Tony :wave:

1. That's the overheat protection.
I find if I use my EVO with the dial set above approx. 1:30 I'll get the flashing green lights when power cycling. I've also combusted at higher settings after the unit has heatsoaked for hours so I tend to turn my unit on to max for a few mins (maybe hit a quick ELB as soon as it turns green) then turn it down to 1:30 for vaping for the rest of the day/night.

2. Turn the unit on a few minutes before you vape and let it heatsoak for a bit and you won't need the higher settings.

3. the crackling I hear from my unit, I think comes from the grills at the top. it sounds more like a slight pinging than a crackle to me lol :shrug:
It's just the metal and/or case contracting again after being heated and expanding.

jrcmang

What's up with this white build up in the bottom of my nails? Is it normal? Torching it doesn't seem to get rid of it.

Honestly, the nails in general are a pain in the ass to maintain. Any tips?

This particular nail was just torched clean a few days ago.

5w3il9N.jpg

That looks like simple carbon buildup. Haven't used the evo nails yet but the same thing happens to my quartz banger. After buying a brand new nail, after about 15-20 dabs I start getting that carbon buildup. I've always preferred it because it acts as a visual temp gauge for me. I know when to stop torching and when to dab based on how that carbon buildup is glowing. Anyways I wouldn't worry too much about it....it's never affected performance or taste in my opinion.

Edit...which is a reason I never felt like spending $100 plus on a quave or dc banger. No matter how hard I have tried (q tip, iso cleaning more often, etc) once that carbon buildup appeared I could never get rid of it. Some old nails I've had I took my dabber and scrapped some off but I've never been able to get the glass lookin brand new like when I bought it.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thank you.

By the way, I discovered last night - wax sandwich in an ELB at about 2 o'clock is a beautiful thing.

I'm no expert in concentrates so correct me if I go off the tracks...... When using the nail there is a point where you back away from the draw/cloud because what's left is a bit nasty. What's the taste like when you get to the nasty in the ELB sandwich.

I ask because I can see myself making that same sandwich.....maybe tonight :cool:

Top Bottom