vaperizer with the cleanest vapor path???

david8613

After the big fiasco with the volcano hybrid with melting chambers and metal dust in the vapor path, I began looking at vaporizers with the cleanest vapor path possible. the one that comes to mind and I was always interested in is called the elev8r, all glass no plastic, the only thing that turns me off is you have to use a torch, and some technique. I avoided that dynavap for many years for this exact reason, I don't like torches but until they introduced induction heaters it was a game changer and I was all in and I love it now. what other vapes are you guys using that have a super clean vapor path?

https://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/vaporizers/elev8r/elev8r-glass-vaporizer.html

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
There are 2 other pretty young, fresh threads in this section, still on the front page, regarding pretty much this exact issue/question, not to mention the gazillion other older similar threads, not trying to derail before it starts but I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day sometimes.

david8613

There are 2 other pretty young, fresh threads in this section, still on the front page, regarding pretty much this exact issue/question, not to mention the gazillion other older similar threads, not trying to derail before it starts but I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day sometimes.

I saw this thread here but the person ended up buying something affordable and not the cleanest imo. so I decided to start a new one here, we are in 2020, lets see whats new. I am sure there are a lot of volcano hybrid owners looking for alternatives until storz and bickle resolves there issues with the hybrid.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/a...glass-isolated-air-and-vape-path.41087/page-4

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
InVerzion Vaporizer will be the cleanest vape on the market. The air and vapor path is completely free of metal, plastic, ceramic, silicone, teflon, PCBs, batteries, wiring, heating elements, brass, bronze, copper, mica, PEEK, etc.

I'm building this vape for people like us.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
InVerzion Vaporizer will be the cleanest vape on the market. The air and vapor path is completely free of metal, plastic, ceramic, silicone, teflon, PCBs, batteries, wiring, heating elements, brass, bronze, copper, mica, PEEK, etc.

Haha, I have one of those too!

I haven't posted much publicly about my desktop vaporizer design, but I'll make a thread for it soon.
Do you have to use it upside down? Seriously though, very intersted in what you are working on.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

Are you talking about true 100% glass airpath, No metal screens or filters , or you plan on using them as a compromise like in the Glass symphony ?
I personally dont think there isnt anything wrong with some screens/filters in the cold areas of the vaporpath,so they can protect it from environmental dust.
Curious to see what you have come up , would be cool if you could share a picture of your setup either here on in a PM whenver you feel ready :)) !

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are you talking about true 100% glass airpath, No metal screens or filters

Yes!

It's taken a really long time to figure out how to make one for actual ground herb. It's probably the most complicated part of the vape to build, and one of the main hangups I've had over the last two years. There's even some science at play with the screen design - I've had a lot of time to think about this :lol:

Some people told me they don't think a metal screen is that big of a deal, so I'm curious how other people feel about it in an otherwise "all glass path." Honestly I don't think a single metal screen would negatively affect the vapor/flavor in a substantially noticeable way, but I've never liked the way those metal strands get loose and fall apart in a screen, so it would be comforting to get rid of those.

I'm definitely gonna post some videos when everything is ready! I wanna do a few accessories I've been thinking about for a while too.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Sry i meant airpath instead of vaporpath. The GS has an all glass bowl.. with no screens inside,but it still has ,metal screen at the intake. It can be used without it,but then you will be getting environmental dust sticking to your hot heating element. Hope you have thought about that too ;). I have used multiple layers of mesh on the intake of my Glass ball log ,which is a cold area,and i dont find it to effect taste . I also have an ele8tor all glass bowl l i use with it, but honestly i prefer the one with screens ,cause i hate particles.. in my lungs and my WP. :))
I suggest that you looks into 60- 120 mesh sizes. they are quite coarse and sturdy,nothing like those cheapo precut pipe screens. For example VXL bullets can handle a lot of abuse for that reason,although i find them in particular to have effect on taste a lot. Probably because of their higher mass,specific SS grade and cause they get way hotter than a screen in a bowl.
It is good you have taken time with the screen setup and hopefully it is something other than a regular honeycomb, cause those tiny holes clog a lot and create uneven airflow.(IE arizer stem,honey comb glass screens like elev8r all glass bowl.)

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Vriptech Heat Wand might also classify for this being all glass in the vapor path, but the evo will beat it in the performance department.

VHW would still be a good choice for people with low tolerances and less regular vaporists.

audiodelic,
Reactions: Morty

Can you give us some hints about what it will be like? For example,will it have temperature control or will it require a certain amount of technique such as an ELEV8R / Sticky Brick?

I'm about to make a large investment in something like a TETRAx, but would be willing to hold off if I knew that something super safe and beginner-friendly is coming.

Thanks

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yes!

It's taken a really long time to figure out how to make one for actual ground herb. It's probably the most complicated part of the vape to build, and one of the main hangups I've had over the last two years. There's even some science at play with the screen design - I've had a lot of time to think about this :lol:

Some people told me they don't think a metal screen is that big of a deal, so I'm curious how other people feel about it in an otherwise "all glass path." Honestly I don't think a single metal screen would negatively affect the vapor/flavor in a substantially noticeable way, but I've never liked the way those metal strands get loose and fall apart in a screen, so it would be comforting to get rid of those.

I'm definitely gonna post some videos when everything is ready! I wanna do a few accessories I've been thinking about for a while too.

Very interesting!

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
This whole beads heating element and mods talk lately got me the idea of an cheap all glass vape out of parts I had laying around :

I paired the down part of
@DDaves Conentration Chamber
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p41/The_Concentration_Chamber.html

with Mistvapes Beaded Cooling Stem as the heating element. You heat the stem first with a torch lighter or anything, then you draw. Basically an ELEV8R clone. Stem and beads keep the heat long enough for even two not too long puffs.
http://mistvaporizer.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=60

This worked surprisingly well :D

Last edited:
This whole beads heating element and mods talk lately got me the idea of an cheap all glass vape out of parts I had laying around :

with Mistvapes Beaded Cooling Stem as the heating element
http://mistvaporizer.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=60

Wait, what are you using as the heating element? AFAIK the thing you linked to is just a stem, it doesn't have anything that heats up. Unless you use a butane torch I suppose...

cacahahacaca,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Yes, a butane torch. But you heat first, then you draw. No inhaling butane offs or anything :)

Did some further explanation, sorry.

Last edited:
Alex3oe,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

with Mistvapes Beaded Cooling Stem as the heating element. You heat the stem first with a torch lighter or anything, then you draw. Basically an ELEV8R clone. Stem and beads keep the heat long enough for even two not too long puffs.

I also tried this once, with less-than-stellar results, but I didn't give it much of a chance. It is just like the Flam and gn0me vape designs combined with Mist's own Essence...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can you give us some hints about what it will be like? For example,will it have temperature control or will it require a certain amount of technique such as an ELEV8R / Sticky Brick?

I'm about to make a large investment in something like a TETRAx, but would be willing to hold off if I knew that something super safe and beginner-friendly is coming.

Thanks

My vape uses a standard PID controller to regulate temperature control. No real technique to operate, just inhale - it's designed mainly around water pipe usage.

Just keep in mind the TetraX is an on demand portable, mine is a plugin desktop so usability will be a bit different, it's for the pretty hardcore connoisseur of vapor.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I also tried this once, with less-than-stellar results, but I didn't give it much of a chance. It is just like the Flam and gn0me vape designs combined with Mist's own Essence...

Playing around with my new arrived balls I felt back to mentioned combo between and made a vid :)

edit:
damn, file to big, need to cut it down somehow first, sorry

You can take nearly anything with a male 18mm gong, fill it with beads, heat it and it works :D

Tried the short XL8R stem and some DH parts like wip or 90° adapters and a short lamart mouth piece I had in house, all produced acceptable vape at least. As bowl you can take any cheap MF adapter.

Maryjanie

How can I keep up with this and know when it's ready? I'm interested.

I’ll add that I’m very interested also. I’m just getting into the market for a plug in desktop vape that I can just turn on and leave on till bed. Start over the next day after my daughter goes to bed. My current go to vapes are Simrell Vortex with titanium vapcap and S&B Mighty but I’d like to save it for portable use and I’m worried using it every night on my globe with WPA that the battery won’t last as long as if I saved it for portable use.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I'm just trying to find the right manufacturer, the goal is to stay domestic for production to ensure the highest quality materials and processes are used, I don't want to cut any corners on an inhalatory device, especially since the kind of people who will want my vape are the people that probably vape a lot.

It's been hard to contain this cause I am really excited about this project and want to share this with everybody, but I just want to be able to make the right impact. I know people are gonna want to order one as soon as I make a thread about it so I just need to get everything in place for that.

Top Bottom