Vape-Safe thermal insulators

What are some good thermal insulators suited for a desktop vaporizer? I currently am looking at either using titanium or a simple air-gap insulation method. Any better ideas?

rokinsokin,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
a simple air-gap insulation method

this is what i use. 1/8" air-gap between a stainless steel sheet (0.012" thickness) heat shield and the wood body (a 2" cube) of the vape. the heat shield is a 1 1/4" cylinder surrounding the 5/8" diameter heater coil. so two air-gaps. there is no airflow inside the cube.

i can run the heater at 450°F for a 7 minute session and the cube does not get warm. several sessions in a row will have a slight warmth.

Hippie Dickie,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Insulator of choice is Alumina, AL2O3. Super high firing temperature aluminum oxide. Tough, inert, and a high degree of electrical insulation.

The performance of Peek plastics is also touted as 'safe' but I suspect formulation is highly dependent. There are grades of peek that go well into 500'F range. Grades should be certified.

TommyDee,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Actually the ones I cited have a lower thermal conductivity. Ceramic does conduct quite some, proof to that being our numerous ceramic oven conduction vapes, and well, all those ceramic cartridge heaters out there (the whole "sucking on a soldering iron" vape craze hehe)

KeroZen,

howie105

I use silicone bands on vape bodies and for small pieces like stems and adapters it is high temp silicone o-rings. Grip, insulation and a touch of shatter resistance. Or yes I am that clumsy, burn prone and abusive of my kit.

howie105,
Top Bottom