1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vape recommendations for Liquids and weed

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Drunken Hines, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Drunken Hines

Drunken Hines New Member

So I used to smoke daily in college, and then not for over a decade, and now I've got arthritis and fantastic anxiety/panic attacks, and worse of all, I have to take care of someone else's high-strung children. So I spent like $100 bux a 4th of Indica, with an 8th of sativa, and got a small pipe. The sativa made my heart race (a little) which scared me, and I've not yet tried the purple kush.

Here's the thing, I smoke cigs in the bathroom (since I'm not to smoke in the house *teehee*) near the open window. Since it's clove cigars, there's no traditional smoke smell, but I hate it, I just smoke a few puffs to relax... but if anyone goes in there before it's had a chance to blow away, it's a little strong.

I want to get a pen vape or portable vape that will allow me to smoke liquids during the day, and steal a toke at night after everyone's in bed. I absolutely want to get something equally good for weed and liquids, because I used to hit the hookah in college, and I like fruitiness.

Ideas? I am thinking of the atmos raw, because the MFLB won't do liquids and I don't want to spend a lot of money on two separate devices... especially since I still have an Easy Vape that I haven't used... I actually checked into a hotel the day I got it, but I couldn't get a smoking room and was too scared to try it anyway.. Yes, I know I suck.

:love:
  2. max

max This space available Staff Member

Good luck with that. The requirements for vaping concentrates and plant material aren't the same.

Suck is also a description that's been used a lot to describe Atmos.
  3. Drunken Hines

Drunken Hines New Member

Well...... damn.

This is hard!
  4. thisperson

thisperson Ruler of all things person

You're probably going to want a clearomizer for weed oil then. That's what I use and I'm happy sneaking and toking around with my mini ProTank 3 and ego c twist.

I don't think many, or any, of the big boy vapes do liquids. At least not from the little time I've been alive on these forums/vaping.

So I think you're going to have to decide betweent a sub 50 dollar liquid setup or a 300 dollar quality herb vape.
  5. Drunken Hines

Drunken Hines New Member

no, not weed oil.. I want to smoke non-nicotine liquids during the day just to replace my bathroom cigs... later on at night, I may want to take a few tokes of the good stuff.. I'm just not up to date with any of this, I just wanted to not fill the bathroom with cig smoke, and easily toke at night...

Man I miss having a bong in college.
  6. max

max This space available Staff Member

Different substances vaporize at different temps, making an e-cig device a bad choice for 'either or' vaping.
  7. HillaryClinton

HillaryClinton Future ruler of earth

Why not both? Get a decent priced pen for liquids since from what I recall they are not that expensive and a MFLB like you wanted for herb?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    pigfoot, RUDE BOY and clouded vision like this.
  8. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Banish the thought from your mind that any single portable will effectively vaporize both dry herb and concentrates. If you want to do both, get both a pen for concentrates and an herb vaporizer for dry flowers. The Solo is a good low price option for herb.
    215z likes this.
  9. Drunken Hines

Drunken Hines New Member

Ahh, I'm gonna save up for the solo because I'm cheap and don't want to drop $130 all at one time (I'd rather spend it on weed!) but, to the probable disgust of everyone, I ordered a dragon-lite vape for $16 bux on fleabay, and it's great! Also, bought an e-cig just now from Vaporzone using a combo groupon + July 4th sale, so I got a great great deal on a new ecig kit, and 3 bottles of ejuice...

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors