Vape recommandation

mariowarner

Hey guys,

I've been lurking around for a month or so in search of a portable vaporizer bit cannot find anything that pleases me 100%... Here are my criteria :

- must fit in jeans pocket
- must be quick to heat up <1min
- must be stealthy, in most cities in Quebec you're not allowed to smoke weed on the streets
- <250cad$
- must have no learning curve for when I pass it to friends (stickybrick junior not working here)
- must be usable at windy/loud situations like at outdoor concerts (thats why I can't use my vapcap...)
- mostly solo use, few sips here and there throughout the day, sometimes with 3-4 friends

A good example of heavy usage is an outdoor festival, where I'll need the device from 3pm-2am, sometime alone, sometimes with 3-4 friends. We'll smoke every hour or so.

For now, I was eyeing the Firewood5 (now waiting for the Firewood6) and maybe the Fury 2 successor. I was also interested in FF2, how is it for microdosing? Maybe a "session" vape with fast heating and dosing capsules?

Do you have any other vapes to recommend?

Thanks a lot! :)

mariowarner,

MGG

Have you looked into the Ghost MV1 Stealth?
I haven't used it myself but it seems to fit a few of your specifications.

It's supposed to be great for microdosing, especially because you can preload the capsules and scale everything ahead of time.

It's also supposed to have fantastic flavor.

I ended up buying a mighty because i'm less concerned about the stealth factor and like that mighty has pass through charging and is generally easier to use with longer warranty.

MGG,

little maggie

I don't have a suggestion other than the nomad which, unfortunately, is a long wait. I don't think the Fury or replacements will work given your wants. Vapes that charge via usb have a limited time limit. I think you'd be better off getting one with a battery so you can bring some back ups with you and your vape will last longer.
One other option would be to get the impcognito with the AsterRT mod. I have the regular imp which is pretty small but needs a larger mod than the impcognito. I think FJ may have some impcognitos for sale.

little maggie,
Ghost MV-1 probably isn't ideal for groups or people with little to no vaping experience, since it's on-demand convection and requires some technique.

Fury 2 seems like a decent choice, except the battery life is supposedly poor. Maybe the Fury Edge will be enough of an improvement.

What about a Pax 3? Not sure on battery life/heat time, but it definitely meets a lot of your other requirements.

Perhaps a Magic-Flight Launch Box and pack a bunch of spare batteries?

I believe the ArGo has user replaceable/swappable batteries, so you could look at that too.

letter never sent,

boon

+1 for the impcognito with a P80 or an aster RT with arctic fox firmware

boon,
Reactions: PPN

mariowarner

Have you looked into the Ghost MV1 Stealth?
I haven't used it myself but it seems to fit a few of your specifications.
I have looked into the MV1 Stealth but I find it kind of massive... And a bit pricey!

I ended up buying a mighty because i'm less concerned about the stealth factor and like that mighty has pass through charging and is generally easier to use with longer warranty.
Do you like your Mighty? What about the Crafty, could this be a smaller alternative for me that would fit into a pocket?

I don't have a suggestion other than the nomad which, unfortunately, is a long wait.
Yeah the Nomad looks great! But I would like some temp control and don't feel like it would be easy for my friends to use.

One other option would be to get the impcognito with the AsterRT mod. I have the regular imp which is pretty small but needs a larger mod than the impcognito. I think FJ may have some impcognitos for sale.
+1 for the impcognito with a P80 or an aster RT with arctic fox firmware
I always shied away from mod boxes as it is completely new to me, but this is kind of interesting! How's the vapor quality, on-demandness, ease of use? Would it be possible to preload some capsules. Is it easy to find the batteries? Are there any other mod options out there worth looking into?

What about a Pax 3? Not sure on battery life/heat time, but it definitely meets a lot of your other requirements.
I have the Pax1 but feel like it uses a lot of herb... Even when filling the oven only half.

I believe the ArGo has user replaceable/swappable batteries, so you could look at that too.
Well I think a lot about Arizer products, everybody seems to find that it's a great value! What about the Air2 ?

mariowarner,

MGG

I think Crafty is a great alternative, I've used both. They function basically the same except
the Crafty has
- no pass through charging
- controlled through phone (boost mode on device)
- half the battery essentially.

I usually just want a vape I can bring out over to a friends, typically I don't really vape in public so often. So the mighty is more suited for my use.

The crafty is really portable and could easily be hidden inside an adult sized hand.

The only negative I've heard is some people having issues with their crafty's breaking.

I've bought 2 mighty's and convinced all my friends to get them.
They are a fantastic device, offering great quality vapor and the most simplistic interface.
Owned a mighty since they released, so been with it for a few years now, tried many portables but none have come close.

Though I'd wait personally, because it's been a while since anything new has come out really
so a lot of what's for sale is years old tech.

Honestly if I was you i'd just wait until Black Friday sales or something.

MGG,

little maggie

Mods are new to me as well. I haven’t done anything to change the settings on my mods And have had no problems just using. The main reason I recommended the Astor which I don’t have is because it is very small and that would fit in your pocket. I can’t think of any other mods that I’m aware of that would do that. Ask on the imp thread What other owners think about the quality. You’ll get a lot of responses there. And look at the image of the impcognito with aster to get an idea of size. The imp and the impcognito are the same except for size. I like the vapor quality and find it very smooth. FJ makes a wooden capsule holder so capsules should work. Most Vape’s that use batteries use the same kind. I ordered mine online without any problem.

little maggie,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Grasshopper (not that I have any experience with it). Actually no, it would probably be too hot for groups. Firefly 2+ has a small learning curve, but not too bad. I don’t know about groups because of the small bowl.

acstorfer,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Fury Edge fits your needs well if you don't mind waiting another week or two for it to drop.

Session vapes like the Edge or Fierce are the most idiot proof for sharing with less experienced friends.

ginolicious

Flowermate V5 Nano is like a box mod in appearance. I enjoy mine. Battery holds up pretty nicely. Removable battery. Can bring a few with you.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom