Vape reclaim contains up to 65% THC

RBM

http://mcrlabs.com/resources-post/we-tested-reclaim-and-this-is-what-we-found/

Thought this was an interesting experiment. They performed high performance mass spec and found vape reclaim tends be around 50-65% THC.

As I'm new to vaping I end up finding a lot of anecdotal and conflicting information with regards to a lot of my queries. Apologies if this is common knowledge now, I did do a search but couldn't find anything.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Thought this was an interesting experiment. They performed high performance mass spec and found vape reclaim tends be around 50-65% THC.

As I'm new to vaping I end up finding a lot of anecdotal and conflicting information with regards to a lot of my queries. Apologies if this is common knowledge now, I did do a search but couldn't find anything.

Great link...thx!

I’d be interested in a study on the reclaim from flowers only. And I’d love to see what it looks like after an ISO reclaim.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

As @stickstones pointed out, keep in mind those numbers are reclaim from a dab rig, where the starting material was likely over 70% THC. Would be interesting to see the numbers from flower vapor condensate.

MinnBobber

Great link...thx!

I’d be interested in a study on the reclaim from flowers only. And I’d love to see what it looks like after an ISO reclaim.
..................................................................................
I only vape flowers but don't like working with ISO so mine is all two part reclaim: scrape what I can with degummed hemp fiber swabs and then simmer the pieces in cream for a hot canna-chocolate drink.

My biggest improvement to reclaim quality came with using hemp fiber filters in all my vapes. Prior to that, examining the reclaim with magnification showed a lot of "garbage" in the goo----those tiny ABV particles that sucked out of the chamber.
That dust gave it a nasty taste and unclean look.
With hemp fiber, the reclaim is much much much cleaner and the hydratubes/bubblers, for example, go much longer between cleanings/ reclaim sessions.

And the hemp fiber filters themselves contain reclaim, albeit much dirtier, but you just pop them in a vape chamber and go at it.

PoopMachine

I reclaim with hot Everclear. Instantly dissolves the reclaim. Run the Everclear through my Extractcraft Source and you end up with basically shatter.

Drop downs and stuff, I just pour some Everclear into a small saucepan, heat it on medium heat and toss the drop downs in. They come out looking like new and I can reclaim the Everclear with the Source. You get about 85% back.

Its great for cooking with.

Last edited:

Evilevile

I just tried ISO reclaim for the first time ever in my Sticky Brick and it tastes disgusting; just dirty. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's supposed to taste that bad. Gross.

The reclaim is also stickier than slug spit and clogs up my vaporizer. Is it only worth it for concentrates because of the higher yield and smaller volume?
For now I'll save it for when I'm totally desperate.

I need to find a better way; end up with a cleaner result somehow.

We don't have Everclear here in Canada. Bacardi 151 doesn't seem like a good choice for a substitute.

Evilevile,

PoopMachine

I just tried ISO reclaim for the first time ever in my Sticky Brick and it tastes disgusting; just dirty. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's supposed to taste that bad. Gross.

The reclaim is also stickier than slug spit and clogs up my vaporizer. Is it only worth it for concentrates because of the higher yield and smaller volume?

We don't have Everclear here in Canada. Bacardi 151 doesn't seem like a good choice for a substitute.

You can order ethanol for extraction from amazon.ca.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: dynospec

stickstones

Vapor concierge

I no longer reclaim with iso...it weakens the reclaim somehow. I use filters to catch the goodies, and I scrape before using iso that gets tossed.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I think I'll heat up my 14mm nano gong this evening and swap out the reclaim with some organic cotton.

I like to use a torch and just wave the flame along the walls of the gong for a few seconds. The claim just melts and then you can wipe it all up with a little cotton on a thin wooden skewer.

Reclaim tonite baby! I don't care if it's clean or dirty.

BabyFacedFinster,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
what do you mean by filters?
How can you reclaim from the Cloud EVO without ISO?

TBH, I thought reclaim would have been higher on THC, but nevertheless, its still a lot :)

m0sh,

dynospec

I dont have a problem finding Everclear in Canada, look around harder and try phoning some liquor stores, not every store carries it but most big ones do, and honestly lots of small ones too.

As mentioned you can also order online, but I imagine its cheaper to get Everclear.

Top Bottom