vape help

quick.msp

Hey FC,

Need some tips from some experienced vapers:

I quit combustion a few years ago and was going vape only, for some reason I fell back into the combustion and need out!

My vapes are pretty dated and I just wanted to see what the best options on the market are. Im looking to purchase one vape for home use and one portable vape.

I currently have a volcano digital with easy valve, and a ariser solo.

I do have minor asthma and find the volcano makes me start to wheeze, I saw a water attachment piece but not sure how much that would help.

I enjoy a few tokes after a long day but have to keep my health in mind, I'm done with burning flower!

even though the volcano irritates my lungs more than smoking, is it still a healthier option?

any help is appreciated!

guyonthecouch

What temp are you using your volcano at? I had a friend with a similar situation, they were using daily at 8-9 setting. They adjusted to 5-6 and the lung irritation subsided. Also, keep the components as clean as possible and make sure your flower isn't contaminated; pesticides, mold, etc.

New vapes to consider, in no particular order:
Bowle - Funky portable on demand convection unit with amazingly smooth vapor and delicious vapor signature.
Hopper io - On demand convection small form factor portable unit. Downside is that it's hit or miss on whether you receive a reliable unit, I've had good fortune with mine. io/grasshopper paired with glass has been my favourite vaping experience for the past couple years.
Minivap - Portable and plugin convection unit, with a couple different heating core options; convection teflon or convection+radiation/conduction with the glass option - at least that's my understanding.
Tinymight - Never tried but gets solid reviews and comes highly recommended from owners. Smallish portable convection unit, powered by 18650 batteries.
Vapbong - Never tried but sounds like an amazing plugin/home experience. Artisanal pieces, hand made, that will rock your world.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
If you have the money, adding glass to your volcano should make the wheezing go away:

Minivap (which is similar form factor as Solo) has lots of fans and may be a good upgrade for you.

If you go with a Tinymight, you will definitely need to pair it with extra glass b/c it can get pretty hot with the stock stem, even the spiked stem can run a little hot if you have sensitive lungs. Lots of threads here about options.

You may also like the Crafty Plus for a portable. Others may poo-poo it for many reasons, but the cooling unit works really well and is portable enough to take on the go. And while it’s a little slow to heat up, it does its job very well.

You could also take a look at the Davinci offerings (Miqr/IQ2/IQC), good for portable, great taste, doesn’t run too hot if you use with long stem.

Finally, for an at home vape - maybe you should consider a log vape?

darbarikanada

I agree with @Jill NYC that the tinymight could be too hot, given your sensitivity. the bowle is another all-convection, on-demand that's popular right now, but if you look at reviews/videos of both of these vapes, you see people raving about the huge rips - might not be right for you. I also agree with @Jill NYC about the Crafty; I have a mighty, which, if anything might be a tad cooler, based on its slightly larger cooling unit. at low temps, it's almost like I'm not inhaling a thing; it's only on the exhale that I get a ton of flavor. if you can stand the ~2 min. warm-up, it could function for both at home and portable (that's what I do...). good luck. btw: use vapospy to find deals on vapes; you can get a mighty for ~$280 at the moment.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
When at home, I run almost everything thru a little water in a bubbler with simple percs... both concentrate and flower. I don't have asthma or any breathing issues/conditions, but I'm 54 and spent many of those years inhaling all kinds of crap. I find this helps cool and condition the vapor enough to be able to consume as much as needed...

daoist

I have a pretty sensitive throat. Connecting your vaporizer to a bubbler helps a lot.
The more percolation you have the smoother the hit will be.

daoist,

RobbIt

I agree with @Jill NYC that the tinymight could be too hot, given your sensitivity. the bowle is another all-convection, on-demand that's popular right now, but if you look at reviews/videos of both of these vapes, you see people raving about the huge rips - might not be right for you. I also agree with @Jill NYC about the Crafty; I have a mighty, which, if anything might be a tad cooler, based on its slightly larger cooling unit. at low temps, it's almost like I'm not inhaling a thing; it's only on the exhale that I get a ton of flavor. if you can stand the ~2 min. warm-up, it could function for both at home and portable (that's what I do...). good luck. btw: use vapospy to find deals on vapes; you can get a mighty for ~$280 at the moment.
I agree with @darbarikanada and @Jillnyc about the Mighty. I also think you might like the Arizer Solo II or Arizer ArGo; they are both excellent vaporizers that allow you to control for milder rips. I also like Healthy Rips Rogue. Robb

RobbIt,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
I too found Arizer, S&b vapes tend to give me deep in the lungs coughs by the time I am medicated. These are more session and full convection vapes, which can be drying.

I like log vapes through a water piece as a good way to fully extract a bowl in one hit, without drying out my lungs. For a portable option the crafty/mighty beats the volcano classic/digit vapor in terms of smoothness, but can still send me into a coughing fit. Maybe dialing in your temps and avoiding harsher terps could help.

Top Bottom