Vape for Pain ?

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
Im Interested in talking about maybe a vape for chronic pain relief. Has anyone thought of this ?
Ideas?

Devilstompa,

lazylathe

Almost there...
It is not the vape that will get you pain relief but the quality of the material loaded into said vaporizer.

Can you be a bit more specific?

There are LOTS of vapes out there that will blow your pain away with the correct material!
The sky is the limit! Actually it is what you can afford...LOL!
Go for Indicas mainly as i find they target pain better than Sativa's, only my experience and it is different for others so experimenting is required.

As for vapes i would recommend looking into:
The Sublimator
De Verdamper
EVO
And many more...

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
I tried a sativa a longtime ago and got very sick from it. I don't think sativa is for me.

Devilstompa,

sickmanfraud

Instead of the medical thread check out a couple of vaporizer threads. You are on the correct site.

Look around and do some of your own research.

you could search different threads for chronic pain, but you may get thousands of hits.

Everything you need to know is right here.

When you narrow it down to 2-3 vapes it would be easier to suggest a choice.

You also need to provide a price limit and whether you are in a legal or medical state, what cannabis you have access to, and home or portable?

Lots and lots of info you need to provide and you can find what you are looking for here.

sickmanfraud,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yeap, there are also CO2 cart pens, waxes, shatter, patches, if you are in a legal state.

Sadly I'm not.

newVaper420,

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
Im Interested in talking about maybe a vape for chronic pain relief. Has anyone thought of this ?
Ideas?

Indica's deal more of a body high than sativa's clear headedness. People are right in saying it's your material. Alternatively you could get something high in CBD, I've heard that works well with pain but have not tried it yet.

I have a flowermate v1 and it sucks for flavor, but if you need a dependable vape that will produce decent smmoke it's a pretty cheap alternative.

If you're willing to spend more, there are desktop vaporizers which will have more power and get you ripped faster than taking a bunch of slow puffs.

From what I've read log vapes are the most efficient (they are also the coolest looking IMO) and if you have the money to spend on something like an Underdog or E-Nano I don't think you could do wrong by getting one of those.

The heat island recently had a bamboo unit added and those are cheaper and more readily available than the wooden Heat Island ones. Same great heater technology.

Tell us your price range though. Makes it easier to narrow down contenders.

thisperson,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I am currently suffering from a nasty acute neck injury so I can add my two cents.

As stated above it's about the product first and foremost, I have found so far that indica has helped more then sativa although I prefer the latter for my anxiety/depression. Dosage is also important, my usually dose did nothing when the pain is bad... I had to up it 3 times to take away the worst symptoms I was having.

In terms of units I would recommend reading the best of forum and go from there, I have been more then happy with both my EQ and Haze V3 so I can easily recommend either depending on if you are looking for a desktop or portable unit.

Best of luck!

Creeper,

sickmanfraud

I am currently suffering from a nasty acute neck injury so I can add my two cents.

As stated above it's about the product first and foremost, I have found so far that indica has helped more then sativa although I prefer the latter for my anxiety/depression. Dosage is also important, my usually dose did nothing when the pain is bad... I had to up it 3 times to take away the worst symptoms I was having.

In terms of units I would recommend reading the best of forum and go from there, I have been more then happy with both my EQ and Haze V3 so I can easily recommend either depending on if you are looking for a desktop or portable unit.

Best of luck!

With an acute neck injury I would be hesitant to vape. I think I would use more edibles / capsules and less vaping.

How do you like the Iceborn? Does it cut down on coughing?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Creeper

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A combination of edibles and vaporizing is what I do for nights that are really painful. Make sure you take your edible before 10:00 so you are not too tired in the morning. An edible takes a couple hours or more sometimes less to kick in. Edibles generally last 5 - 7 hours or so with me depending how much i take.

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
I agree that I use combination of orally ingested oil with vaping to manage the worst of my pain. The edibles really only provide the length I need for relief as vaping provides maybe 20-45 mins of pain relief.

Also, I find the dosages for severe pain to be quite high, much higher than what one would require for anxiety relief, stress relief and just general relaxation.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
All great advice, I will check it out unfortunately oral preparations are not easily available around me.

With an acute neck injury I would be hesitant to vape. I think I would use more edibles / capsules and less vaping.

How do you like the Iceborn? Does it cut down on coughing?

I have a review of it up on the forum, I like it a lot but it's overpriced imho for what it is.

sickmanfraud

I agree that I use combination of orally ingested oil with vaping to manage the worst of my pain. The edibles really only provide the length I need for relief as vaping provides maybe 20-45 mins of pain relief.

Also, I find the dosages for severe pain to be quite high, much higher than what one would require for anxiety relief, stress relief and just general relaxation.

If you have serious pain I would urge you to check out the GC thread called "Another Tincture Thread, try it you'll like it" This is a 500 page thread.

I would suggest you read the first few pages to get an understanding of the technique and then find something in the index that looks good to you and try it.

That thread has a recipe for what they call Dragon Oil (page 242) that will teach you how to make a more bioavailable form of RSO. This Oil is made to a concentration of 1 gram of cannabis to 1 ml of coconut oil.

Besides the great information on the thread there is also a great group of folks always ready to answer questions.

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom