Vancouver advice

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Hi all - this is a thread asking for fuckcombustion's knowledge of the city of Vancouver.

I'm moving over there next month, hopefully for 2 years or so, having never been to Canada myself and only knowing friends of friends who have and so I'm trying to gather as much info about it as I can before I leave.

Why Vancouver? Well I've been wanting to live abroad ever since I came back from a year and a half in NYC a few years back. Everyone here seems to go and live in Australia/NZ these days so I didn't fancy that, and Canada's a lot easier than America to get a longer term visa for a British person.
I've never been to the Pacific coast before and keep hearing such amazing things about Vancouver as a city it seemed the best choice!

I've heard it can be expensive and rains a lot - but speaking as someone who's grown up around London, that's nothing new to me!

Basically if anyone who lives there or has good knowledge of the place could give me any little bits of info that they think would be helpful to a newcomer that would be very much appreciated.
Could be anything from what bars or pizza places are good to what events etc to check out while I'm there. Stuff that would help someone who's going to live there rather than a tourist would be even better.

I've asked in lots of places for advice already but definitely wanted the special FC take on things!
Thanks very much :cheers:

wilf789,
Top Bottom