• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

V2 Pro Series 3/QuickDraw 300

norealmonsters

-When I picked it up, the button was really hot and I noticed the smell of burning or melting plastic. Not only did it ruin the brand new liquid cartridge inside and cause a poor taste with every cartridge (because air is drawn in from the bottom of the cart), but the vape refuses to fire up any cartridge placed inside it, though the button light still comes on..

Sounds like you might have accidentally vented a battery to me. Basically pulled enough power from the battery that the heat started to cascade. At that point it can go two ways, it either vents or explodes.

Venting basically would have been the active chemicals in the battery shooting out of a hole some where in the device as (mostly) a gas. Once that happens it can't really hold anything like a full charge anymore. Has to be either that or it damaged the connector some how. And since it has a top coil it seems like the heat would need to come from the battery to do that.

Are you using this exclusively for eliquids out of curiosity? I'm curious how this differs from the run of the mill clearomizer. I was kinda of curious but hearing that it was autofiring reminds me why I stopped using cheap Ego batteries.

norealmonsters,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Sounds like you might have accidentally vented a battery to me. Basically pulled enough power from the battery that the heat started to cascade. At that point it can go two ways, it either vents or explodes.

Venting basically would have been the active chemicals in the battery shooting out of a hole some where in the device as (mostly) a gas. Once that happens it can't really hold anything like a full charge anymore. Has to be either that or it damaged the connector some how. And since it has a top coil it seems like the heat would need to come from the battery to do that.

Are you using this exclusively for eliquids out of curiosity? I'm curious how this differs from the run of the mill clearomizer. I was kinda of curious but hearing that it was autofiring reminds me why I stopped using cheap Ego batteries.
Yeah, that sounds about right to me. It's the fact that it did so while sitting on a desk with nothing pressing against the button that really freaked me out. I've got my warranty replacement now and it's working fine. They provided a shipping label for me to send them the broken one, so hopefully they'll be able to figure out what went wrong.

And yep, just e-liquid for now as I'm "dry" otherwise. I'll be picking up an herb cart to try that out in the future because I've already got the base unit, so why not. Not sure how much I'll end up using it in the end though since I'm vaping liquid all the time, and it would be annoying to run out of battery while out and about due to using the herb cart. Out and about is really where the size of the thing would come into its own, so use while charging wouldn't really help there unless I carry around a usb battery pack.

Unfortunately I can't give a comparison versus other clearomizers, since my e-cig experience is limited. I started with crap disposables, then got a liquid cart for my Cera a while back which gave a purity of taste that I now realize was something special (I've set that vape aside for a distant rainy day since I can't bring myself to use it and bring it closer to its inevitable demise now that TET's gone), and now I've got the V2.

Aside from the self-destruction incident, it works for me. Warranty service was prompt excepting the backorder situation.

Edit: Also want to note that, contrary to some earlier posts in this thread, this company is not based in Germany as far as I can tell. The only physical addresses I can find are in Miami and China:

http://www.vmrproducts.com/contact/

Last edited:
nopartofme,

zombonaut

I don't have experience with high end ecig setups. I just had ego batteries and a variety of different clearomizers and cartomizers, but I can say that the Series 3 is definitely a step up from what I was using a few years ago to quit smoking.

It puts out plenty of tasty, warm vapor and does it in an inconspicuous form factor. I like that it does not look like a steampunk pipe bomb.

Of course for the price it should be better than an ego. I hope it eventually catches on with retailers, would love to be able to buy juice carts at a local tobacco or vape shop.

zombonaut,
Reactions: Yoosh

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
wow, the v2 series 3 is a heavy hitter. pretty much like a mini imag, but faster heat up time, and very thick vapor... even brown abv, no signs of combustion.

forget everything you know about ecigs and herbs. the v2 series 3 get the job done, for real!
and it looks very good, too ;) definitely the most stealthy vaporizer, right now

Yoosh

wow, the v2 series 3 is a heavy hitter. pretty much like a mini imag, but faster heat up time, and very thick vapor... even brown abv, no signs of combustion.

forget everything you know about ecigs and herbs. the v2 series 3 get the job done, for real!
and it looks very good, too ;) definitely the most stealthy vaporizer, right now

I agree, I've been enjoying mine at breakfast with tea. I find it's perfect for mornings as I don't get the 'sleepy' actives like I do with my Imag and other hotter vapes. I also love how small the bowl is and the fact that the oven is removable. I've already got a couple juice carts I'm switching between (my new go-to juice setup + EJmix) and I might get an extra loose leaf cartridge too.

How are you grinding/packing MrWeed? How many seshes per bowl? I find I've been getting 2-3 per packing.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
me too, i only do one 2min cycle and I'm done
and yes i might start to play with eliquids too. had a ecig type vaporizer before, but it didn't do the eliquid well, too.

mrweed,

Yoosh

me too, i only do one 2min cycle and I'm done
and yes i might start to play with eliquids too. had a ecig type vaporizer before, but it didn't do the eliquid well, too.

Brown avb after only one cycle? I find mine is still yellow/green after the first cycle. I've got a medium coarse grind though, maybe that's it.

Eliquid works well and is noob friendly. I just like having mine around for when the urge to vape strikes but I can't afford to pull out the big (smelly) guns.

Yoosh,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
hmm, i've tried it with very dry herbs only and yes, they have been entirely brown, after one cycle, but have produced massive clouds during that time. so I'm quite pleased.
I have a atmos boss, too and the same herbs have not performed as well as in the v2 series 3

mrweed,

Yoosh

It might be the moisture content in my herbs then, they're a bit sticky. I'll try some dryer stuff tomorrow to try and mimic your experience. Not that I haven't been enjoying this thing. It's cart system is sleek and perhaps more functional than those on similar vapes (pnp bullets).

I was interested in the boss for a combusting friend because of the size and simplicity but maybe I'll just get him a series 3 instead.

Yoosh,
Reactions: mrweed

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
well, they are both not complicated, but the v2 is smaller and gives me better clouds. somebody who likes to combust will definitely enjoy the v2 more, I believe, since the vapor is very thick (for me).
oh and i think the v2 is a little cheaper and more versatile. Although I think the boss has a regular 510 connector, which is a plus!

mrweed,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Sale, 70ish for the holiday kit. The loose leaf cartridge is included.

http://www.v2cigs.com/products/v2-pro-holiday-bundle

Thanks for this link. FYI it comes up as 99 and change, but add the bundle to your cart and its under 70.

Couldn't resist...just ordered. Even if it's only a mediocre flower vape, for that price, I'll get plenty of use. Looks super stealthy. Thanks again for the heads up on the sale.

Last edited:
mitchgo61,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
light clouds?! i was worried that i'm already combusting since the vapor is so thick for me!
anyway, it doesn't look that thick in your video, for real

mrweed,

paintthemoon

Unapproved commercial account.
light clouds?! i was worried that i'm already combusting since the vapor is so thick for me!
anyway, it doesn't look that thick in your video, for real
I know they're still fine tuning the temp settings in the units, but this one was better than the first one I received.

How do you pack the chamber?

paintthemoon,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
tight! i mean, there is so little space in ther herb chamber anyway...
but that's an interesting info. So currently they all perform differently?!

mrweed,

paintthemoon

tight! i mean, there is so little space in ther herb chamber anyway...
but that's an interesting info. So currently they all perform differently?!
Not that they all perform differently, just that the newer models heat up hotter than the older ones.

I was packing it quite a bit looser, like 0.1g or less, so that must have been the issue. I'm more about getting where I want to get with as little as possible, which the V2 does really well for me with the way I pack it. I'll pack it tighter if I'm sharing it with someone for sure, since it's much thicker vapor. Hell, I might try it later tonight just to try.

Thanks for the info (:

paintthemoon,

RikiMartineee

I know they're still fine tuning the temp settings in the units, but this one was better than the first one I received.
When did you received the first one, if I may ask? The UK seller told me they only had one shipment from the USA so far, so it's probably not optimized, that's a little bit of a downer to hear since I have already ordered it and it's status is "shipped" :/

RikiMartineee,

paintthemoon

When did you received the first one, if I may ask? The UK seller told me they only had one shipment from the USA so far, so it's probably not optimized, that's a little bit of a downer to hear since I have already ordered it and it's status is "shipped" :/

I got my unit in October, so the one you are getting is likely a newer unit. There's nothing to worry about even if it is an older unit, as the both work well. The newer ones just vape a bit hotter

smokey_da_vape

Anyone getting any leakage at the bottom of liquid cartridge? I've changed my puffing method but always seem to get some juice at the bottom of cartridge.

Traaaaan

Any idea where these vapes ship out from?

Thinking of ordering one and debating between 3 day and 1 day shipping.

Traaaaan,

BuzzDanklin

Anyone getting any leakage at the bottom of liquid cartridge? I've changed my puffing method but always seem to get some juice at the bottom of cartridge.

I had a leaking e-liquid problem one day too. I had a few drops leak out, and i even panicked when I saw some on the inside. I quickly cleaned it up with a q-tip, and then realized I had not fully closed the e-liquid cart completely. Since then I have not had a single drop leak. Hopefully yours is just an easy fix like mine was!

@Traaaaan I believe their distribution center is in Miami

I don't have my full review video finished, (weather has not been cooperating at all and I really want to film it outside) But I do have a crappy Demo video that may or may not be worth watching :)

Last edited by a moderator:

smokey_da_vape

then realized I had not fully closed the e-liquid cart completely. Since then I have not had a single drop leak
do you mean the twist on mouthpiece? It only goes so far when you turn it, right?

Top Bottom