V-Tower to Bong. Suggestions please.

superconducter

Hi,

It seems most people are using the V-Tower Extreme but I have the V-Tower.

As such, I cannot find any specific information to know if the glass elbow is the same size on both units.

In any event I would like to run my V-Tower "out" to a bong.

I am guessing the best way is to attach an extra elbow to the ground, tapered bowl stem inlet of a bong.

My questions then, if you all think this will work are:

1.) what size is the elbow in millimeters at the base of the elbow where it attaches to the cyclone bowl?
I would measure but I am out of town and can't find the information even on the V-Tower site.

2.) what size of bong (inlet for bowl stem) should I get, based on question #1 above, to accommodate the elbow?

Thanks for all the positive feedback and assistance.

Have a great day everyone.

superconducter,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Hey super, the ground glass tapered parts are 18.8mm I believe and the only difference between the new V-tower and the Extreme is the fan.

*edited size

DeepFried,

superconducter

thanks a lot deep fried. i'm in Berkeley, ca this week so if i need to find a bong with some unusual stem insert diameter, this is the place; really! :brow:

Is that 14.4MM an inside or outside diameter? I guess that could make a lot of difference if the female ground glass part on the bong that would accept the elbow from the v-tower were actually bigger by maybe 5-10MMs so that the elbow could really get a good seal down in the ground taper.

what do you think? you've got an elbow from the v-tower there so how does it look like it would fit into a bong?

i'm here in the bong capital of califonria and i can't find a single shop w/ a v-tower AND a bong in it to try it out. That's the deal w/ the v-tower; isn't exactly portable, is it? :o wonderful, huge hits of dazzling vapor but no way to bring it to a hotel, while on business, especially when colleagues will be coming up to the room! :lol: It's like: "hey boss, want to take a hit of this White Widdow before we head to the meeting?

So thanks a lot for taking a look at that elbow and bong conection for me because like I said, I can't do it now but need to take advantage of the headshops around here. Once back home my only hope is order on the internet and hope they have a good refund policy.

Thanks a lot.

superconducter,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I don't have a V-tower but if what DeepFried said is true and it's the same as the extreme, then the glass joints on the unit are 18.8mm (or 19 as its sometimes referred to) That measurement is a standard in glass blowing so the vast majority of the bongs you'll find will be either 18.8 or 14.5 if they are using a glass on glass connection. The elbows that come with the extreme (which I believe are the same as the V-tower) fit just fine in my 18.8mm roor as well as several other bongs and glass pieces with 18.8mm connections.

If transportation is important to you, I would actually suggest a bubbler to go with the extreme, you can find glass on glass bubblers that work amazingly well and can be broken down into much smaller pieces if you have the appropriate case. Tokin recently posted a video of his inventory on this forum and I would highly recommend you look at his bubbler/bong to get an idea of what the best glass would be like. I have a glass bubbler setup similar to the one he's selling and it works great for vaping, I'm actually kind of jealous of his because of the cool downstem and that it stands upright without assistance. ;)

Durden,

Beezleb

Thanks for your input/advice on the bubbler Durden. I am putting one of those bubblers on my future/wish list of stuff to get.

Beezleb,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Durden is correct, I got confused with my PD's bong size. For the Extreme and V-Tower both use 18.8mm joints. Super just ask for 18.8mm it is a standard size, I am not sure but I think that measurement is taken at the largest part of the ground fitting?.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom