V-Tower bowl stuck to heater element

beatsme

So these two glass pieces have stuck together, and I'm afraid that when I was "twisting" them apart (which I was told was better than "wiggling" them) I may have broken the heater element -- I heard a *snap* and now when I twist them there's an odd kind of looseness to it (though, beyond this they are still stuck).

Does anyone know what the best way to unstick them is? Should I even attempt to further unstick them or let it be? I fear that the warranty wouldn't cover damage to this particular part and that replacement of the heater is impossible - has anyone had this kind of a problem serviced before?

mod note: FYI-This would have better placed as just a post in the Extreme thread. It's vape specific and the problem/solution may help another Extreme owner. Threads in this section tend to get buried and overlooked.

beatsme,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
beatsme said:
So these two glass pieces have stuck together, and I'm afraid that when I was "twisting" them apart (which I was told was better than "wiggling" them) I may have broken the heater element -- I heard a *snap* and now when I twist them there's an odd kind of looseness to it (though, beyond this they are still stuck).

Does anyone know what the best way to unstick them is? Should I even attempt to further unstick them or let it be? I fear that the warranty wouldn't cover damage to this particular part and that replacement of the heater is impossible - has anyone had this kind of a problem serviced before?

mod note: FYI-This would have better placed as just a post in the Extreme thread. It's vape specific and the problem/solution may help another Extreme owner. Threads in this section tend to get buried and overlooked.
Dude very sorry to here mine did the same thing 4 days after I got it (I have the Extreme) i did a gentle twist as i lifted and the whole glass that surrounds the heating element came up with it. Anyway long story short its simple to change yourself, cheap enough to fix yourself (Part is $25 shipped from Arizer and so long s you email and get permission to do the repair yourself you dont void the warranty. If you want Arizer to fix it Its $25 Labor $25 Part $15 Return Shipping plus the cost you incur to ship to them, So prbly $85 or so total to have Arizer fix it and youll be down that entire time. Or $25 and youll be up in a few days. I have the instructions on how to do the repair if your interested or check the last few days post in this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=32 as its something we have been discussing there.
Regarding the glass sticking the only method that is recommended is the wiggle method. Debbie at Arizer did say that if the glass was stuck to let the unit cool and then stick it in the fridge for a bit.(Not me though)

umpnum14,

umpnum14

illadelph said:
the wiggle is the ONLY method that should be used.:disgust:
Verbatim from email from Debbie at Arizer
"
Me -
2. All i did was lift up on the bowl (did i wait to soon before letting it cool down? it was stuck so i give a gentle twist while lifting -
Debbie @ Arizer -
Just a reminder if the glass sticks together, never pry/twist or force the glass together or apart. If your glass sticks together never pull/twist the glass apart - gently wiggle the glass piece slightly back and forth (side to side) this motion will loosen the glass joints apart. Placing the unit in a cool room or refrigerator (after it cools down) will help loosen the glass but again use the back and forth motion to loosen pieces apart. You can refer to your owners manual under Cautions & Tips and throughout the manual for helpful tips.
"

umpnum14,

Philosophe

If you find that your bowl is stuck, turn the vape on and heat it up until the glass is warm. This will expand it, allowing you to remove it without cracking your bowl. The reason for this is that when things heat, they expand, when they cool, they contract. When you put your bowl on, it heated up, conformed to the unit, and then cooled, forming itself around the unit. The have the same problem with storing very cold chemicals; often, the lids on them will shrink , and get stuck. The pressure then builds up as the chemicals warm, and then BOOM!

Philosophe,

Broker404

Philosophe said:
If you find that your bowl is stuck, turn the vape on and heat it up until the glass is warm. This will expand it, allowing you to remove it without cracking your bowl. The reason for this is that when things heat, they expand, when they cool, they contract. When you put your bowl on, it heated up, conformed to the unit, and then cooled, forming itself around the unit. The have the same problem with storing very cold chemicals; often, the lids on them will shrink , and get stuck. The pressure then builds up as the chemicals warm, and then BOOM!
What you're saying is the opposite of what other people here are saying... other people including Arizer say that you should let it cool down, even put it in a refrigerator.

I absolutely HATE this flaw with the extreme. I do not feel that the user should be financially punished for something that appears to be more of a design flaw than a user's mistake.

Broker404,

duh

Happened to me once.

Cold contracts, which is what you want to happen.

I stuck mine in the freezer for 5 minutes cuz I'm impatient. ;)

You MUST let it come back to ambient/room temperature on it's own - i.e. don't heat it up. Sunlight is good too and could kill a few germs. Sudden cold to hot would break the glass.

Once the cold contracts the glass the wiggle should work.

it's not a flaw - always stop the GonG when you stop :D

duh,

Broker404

duh said:
I understand how GonG's work, the part I wish was different was that you could somehow grip the heating element while pulling the bowl off instead of gripping the unit itself which rips the heating element away from the unit.

Broker404,

umpnum14

Broker404 said:
duh said:
I understand how GonG's work, the part I wish was different was that you could somehow grip the heating element .......
No Comment needed here :lol:
JK :peace:

umpnum14,

Broker404

umpnum14 said:
Broker404 said:
duh said:
I understand how GonG's work, the part I wish was different was that you could somehow grip the heating element .......
No Comment needed here :lol:
OBVIOUSLY after cooled off. Which you need to do anyway if it gets stuck.

Broker404,

Broker404

It's the fact that glass on glass can get stuck harder than the heating element is attached to the unit, forcing it to come apart from the unit before coming apart from the bowl.

If you happen to break it, once you're able to grip the heating element, you can get it right off from the bowl.

Broker404,

umpnum14

Broker404 said:
It's the fact that glass on glass can get stuck harder than the heating element is attached to the unit, forcing it to come apart from the unit before coming apart from the bowl.

If you happen to break it, once you're able to grip the heating element, you can get it right off from the bowl.
Yes I get what your saying. The fact of the matter is the bowl gets stuck sometimes but a gentle rock back and forth usually dislodges it. The reason your not supposed to twist when its stuck is because the screw/cotter pin goes right through a hole drilled in the glass heater cover to hold it in place(vertically). This is bad if you use the twist method because logic tells you when you twist the bowl you will also twist the glass heater cover BAD BAD BAD BAD bad Because it has metal going through it and when it gets twisted the pressure of metal against glass, well it doesn't take much to break it. Rocking it back and forth should be sufficient after letting cool down. At least in my experience after breaking one using the twist method

umpnum14,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
what I do is allow very fine vape powder to lightly coat the bottom half of the inside of the cyclone bowl where it mates with the heater. Do this and it will never stick again.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom