Using my hermaphrodite buds...

blisty

Hello FC

I had 2 plants but due to the awful weather I had to move them just before they started flowering.

Due to the cold they started producing seeds..
So when I harvested them the buds were FULL OF SEEDS..

Smell and taste is great tho' but such a pita to use as it's taking forever to get al the seeds out..

My question was if you think this will not tamper with my infusion?
I am planning to make butter or infused oil..

Thanks

blisty,
Reactions: shredder

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Generally I'd grind for that but if you do it'll probably taste seedy, yum.

Ethanol wash to rso would be my play; low temps and short washes limit extraction of planty bits. Check the 'another tincture thread' thread at grass city for *complete* instructions

Luck!

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: blisty

Okla68

Generally I'd grind for that but if you do it'll probably taste seedy, yum.

Ethanol wash to rso would be my play; low temps and short washes limit extraction of planty bits. Check the 'another tincture thread' thread at grass city for *complete* instructions

Luck!
I used to make Concentrate with Everclear...the trick to Reduce Chlorophyll contamination is to Freeze the material and freeze(it wont actually freeze) the Everclear. Put your frozen material in a frozen quart jar, pour frozen Everclear over it...lightly swirl it(gently) for about 60 seconds....then filter thru a coffee filter while Still in the freezer....(the more agitation for too long and warming temps mean More Chlorophyll contamination). If making Concentrate, evap over a hot plate and collect with a razor blade once liquid has evaped. Or if Tincture, evap and add to your choice of oil.
The KEY is COLD TEMP, GENTLE AGITATION and Short time...Ethanol is a Polar Solvent...will dissolve oil and water based material if left too long.
Made many an oz of Shatter, Budder, Wax this way. Never made or used Tinctures but technique is basically the same !
If used for Edibles, it Must be Decarbed !

Last edited:
Okla68,
Reactions: blisty
Top Bottom