Useful Vaporizer Information

Konrad_Zuse

So I have been asking around for the right temps/what temps do what, and I have composed a bit of info that I would like to share.

Basically they say that some cannabinoids will vape at 73C, but I don't think there will be a good effect.

THC turns to vapor at 185C, so I think this is a great starting point. It also says most cannabinoids will vape at 226C. Apparently you're good to go until 235C roughly.

Compound Boiling Point

Degrees Centigrade Degrees Fahrenheit
Tetrahydrocannabinols 155-157 311-314.6
Cannabinols 185 365
Cannabidiols 187-190 368.6-374.0
1,9 Tetrahydrocannabinol as 200 degrees centigrade.

NOTE: This is very long, but it provides a really good amount of information.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer#Factors_affecting_vaporizer_output

Main points can be found here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2033

Konrad_Zuse,

Mark

John Brown
Basically speaking, two kinds of vaporizer can be currently recommended: the Aromed
vaporizer from Research&Experience (with reservations, due to certain limitations) and the
Volcano from Vapormed.
Ahwaaa I'm sorry but glancing through and noticing that, I can't even attempt to read the rest of what you wrote here. That's garbage that the whole site is agaisnt.

Mark,

Konrad_Zuse

I am testing right now to see what is the best temps are.

Let me explain the set up. I have an Extreme 3.0, and I have packed the elbow with a lot of kief, and like .1-.2 of bud in the normal cyclone bowl.

Usually I have about .2 of bud, or some kief, etc. I usually start at a temp depending on the amount of bud. I would start at 210C usually, and go up, after 5 hits, 10 degrees and repack. I'm trying this new method right now, lets see if it works.

This is what happened when I tried each temp.

185C: I tried this right away, but it seemed to not produce much of anything, just a "taste."

190C: Right away I turned it up to this, and after a few hits it started producing small amount of vapor. I guess it needed time to "heat up." 185C would probably not produce vapor. I was able to get vapor until the last hit, but that was after after a repack and like 10ish hits. After taking the hits I noticed a light "buzz," nothing to major.

200C: After turning it up to 200C, I started to get very big vapor hits, around 20, then I did a repack. At this point and time I was pretty stoned out of my mind. Guess what? Not even close to done, MUWHAHAAHAHH!!! After the repack I started to get less vapor, weird it was hitting pretty nice vapor at the end... Weird the vapor is nice again, I guess the air had to get through al that packed kief :). Right now, after about 10 more hits I did another repack, and I am RIPPPPED!!! It's a nice head high.

210C: Started off with light vapor, then gradually increased. I started feeling more of a body high now, and not a tired body high either. After about 7 hits thick vapor is coming out. I really think it is the packed kief, because it is really packed. After about 15 hits I do a repack and keep at the same temp. I am sooooo goood right now :).

I have to stop here, got to go to the movies, I will return later with my progress. Now I can test the temp levels in 2 sittings, not 1, so I can get more notable differences :D.

Okay I'm back, lets finish.

210C: I left my vape out overnight, I didn't have time to pack it away since I had to leave, I thought that the vapors would escape which isn't good, So I left it out, which in the end leaked probably more, since it was still hot and vaping lol. At first I repacked it, but the kief was very stuck, so I just left it, w.e. So far I am getting light vapors, not bad, but hoping to get some more nice hits. I then repacked, by taking out the screen, and everything so I can get a fresh repack, and turned it up now 5C.

215C: I started, as usual, getting light vapor, then I started getting some nice hits. At this point I started feeling a little buzz, and it's growing rapidly :D. The hits gradually got bigger, and at about 10 hits I started getting massive vapor. I just repacked after about 20 hits, repacked at same temp. I got some light hits, then some nice hits, now back to lighter hits. Each "phase" was about 5 hits. I noticed after the repack that the amount of bud in the vape decreased, because it got vaped and the particles got smaller and less.

220C:

Konrad_Zuse,

Mark

John Brown
Did you preheat the unit? It doesn`t look like it as you mention it has to warm up, give it 10 minutes with the weed in the bowl then start, you can get thick vapor at <170C

Mark,

the electrician

watch out because that method is gonna use a mountain of weed. if you want to get the most out of the extreme just hook it up to a bong with a custom bowl made out of whatever you see fit. by this i mean make the bowl as narrow as possible and put in just a little bit.

like this:
comparisona.jpg

there is a screen fit into where it says roor. as you can see usage is cut right the fuck down, and i can assure you its gonna fuck you up. kinda like purple days efficiency with vhw hit size (maybe)

the electrician,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thanks for putting the effort into these posts. :)

But like Mark said spam sites like thcvaporizer.com and cannabis-vaporizer.com aren't good sources, gotta watch those. Copy pasted info at best.

There are a few threads discussing temperatures, big thread on the Extreme vaporizer, and even a sticky for your vapor honey question. Please do a little searching before making any more new threads. Just trying to cut down on the overlap, you know.

Example Search:

science OR temp OR temps OR temperature

in Topic subject only

23lxpnm.png

Thanks and welcome to FC. :peace::leaf:

vtac,

Konrad_Zuse

Mark said:
Basically speaking, two kinds of vaporizer can be currently recommended: the Aromed
vaporizer from Research&Experience (with reservations, due to certain limitations) and the
Volcano from Vapormed.
Ahwaaa I'm sorry but glancing through and noticing that, I can't even attempt to read the rest of what you wrote here. That's garbage that the whole site is agaisnt.
What do you mean? Garbage the site is against? I found some info useful, if true. I know it said some funky stuff and biased opinion of the Volcano, but the info doesn't seem to hurt anyone, like I said "I didn't read it all yet."

Mark said:
Did you preheat the unit? It doesn`t look like it as you mention it has to warm up, give it 10 minutes with the weed in the bowl then start, you can get thick vapor at <170C
Yes I let the unit itself heat up for 10 minutes, and then the bowl about 7-10. I didn't get anything really at even 185, maybe I gottsa wait longer.
the electrician said:
watch out because that method is gonna use a mountain of weed. if you want to get the most out of the extreme just hook it up to a bong with a custom bowl made out of whatever you see fit. by this i mean make the bowl as narrow as possible and put in just a little bit.

like this:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4895/comparisona.jpg
there is a screen fit into where it says roor. as you can see usage is cut right the fuck down, and i can assure you its gonna fuck you up. kinda like purple days efficiency with vhw hit size (maybe)
I barely used any bud, maybe .1/.2 and a little bit of kief is all and I got ripped.

vtac said:
Thanks for putting the effort into these posts. :)

But like Mark said spam sites like thcvaporizer.com and cannabis-vaporizer.com aren't good sources, gotta watch those. Copy pasted info at best.

There are a few threads discussing temperatures, big thread on the Extreme vaporizer, and even a sticky for your vapor honey question. Please do a little searching before making any more new threads. Just trying to cut down on the overlap, you know.

Example Search:

science OR temp OR temps OR temperature

in Topic subject only

http://i49.tinypic.com/23lxpnm.png

Thanks and welcome to FC. :peace::leaf:
Sorry I didn't know there was a "Site watchlist" here, can I get a link to where I can find the useful/non useful posts?

I tried a search one, I didn't find anything, I must have messed up, sorry :).

I'm doing my own little experiment though, is that okay?

Also I didn't just want "start vaping temp" I want what EACH TEMP does to our bodies, and what each level of high does :).

Konrad_Zuse,

the electrician

Konrad_Zuse said:
I barely used any bud, maybe .1/.2 and a little bit of kief is all and I got ripped,
i dont have any scales, how much is .1 grams? id say its a fair bit more than im using. but you know you get stoned eitherway

the electrician,

Konrad_Zuse

the electrician said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
I barely used any bud, maybe .1/.2 and a little bit of kief is all and I got ripped,
i dont have any scales, how much is .1 grams? id say its a fair bit more than im using. but you know you get stoned eitherway
I don't have a scale either, it's an approx. I would think that most people would be using that amount, but maybe I'm wrong. I know my friend with a vapor bros vape uses that amount, even though his unit is different and less expensive.

I guess we really could not say anything without really getting a scale, but it's an approx.

I mean I also shook most of my kief out, so that could explain some of it. What I mean is I put a dime into the grinder and shook it, this is to produce more kief, but in the end less kief on the bud. Maybe I should try without the dime and shaking it to see where I get :). I mean I honestly don't think you can get ripped off of less than .1, maybe you can, I don't know, pretty good tolerance then :). I know there was a thread about .025 or something crazy filling up a decent balloon, but that's just one bag, and I know that if you were to use the bags in the extreme, you can get multiple bags before refilling. Idk more research is needed on the overall of vaporizers.

After looking at your pic I notice that I use about the same, maybe even less than that, so Idk, I would need a correct reading. Also how did you get your screen to fit? Mine is too big and should I just cut it?

Konrad_Zuse,

the electrician

A lot of it can depend on how you take it. i generally find that just using a little in a bong will do way more damage than filling up a balloon. moreover to get a few decent fills i always found myself half filling the cyclone bowl, but now i can use that much over the course of a day and still get savagely wrecked. whatever works ultimately

with elbow packing i find you can easily use way too much kif, while using alternative methods you can get the same effect from less

the electrician,

Konrad_Zuse

the electrician said:
A lot of it can depend on how you take it. i generally find that just using a little in a bong will do way more damage than filling up a balloon. moreover to get a few decent fills i always found myself half filling the cyclone bowl, but now i can use that much over the course of a day and still get savagely wrecked. whatever works ultimately

with elbow packing i find you can easily use way too much kif, while using alternative methods you can get the same effect from less
What do you mean "Damage?" You mean how much we are messing our bodies up, or how vaked we get?

I don't think you can "Overpack" anything into the cyclone bowl, I think you just don't fully use it up, and you can use it in multiple sessions. For example I only went about 1/3 last night and I was completely gone, and saw Avatar :). Also you can save your vaped kief and use it through another method, because it isn't like the vaped bud, it has more to it left I believe. The vaped kief I have is light brown, still looks very tasty :D.

Konrad_Zuse,
hi i was wondering what you are using to measure the temps? How accurate are the temp readings on your extreme? Or are you using an IR or k type thermocouple inserted in the bud somehow?just curious.

thevapedcrusader,

Konrad_Zuse

thevapedcrusader said:
hi i was wondering what you are using to measure the temps? How accurate are the temp readings on your extreme? Or are you using an IR or k type thermocouple inserted in the bud somehow?just curious.
This is just what my extreme says, I'm just testing right now what's optimal for Extreme use, when I get all of my data in for this Vaporizer, I'll try to see the temps for the herbs as well.

Konrad_Zuse,
Top Bottom