use soldering station as pid controller

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have this station https://www.amazon.it/Stazione-saldatura-Preciva-stazione-calda/dp/B08C51QRH5 , I was wondering if it was possible to use it with a coil, but I realized that all coils have 5 pins while the my station has 2 sockets, a 7 pin female (heatgun) and a 6 pin male (solder), I didn't find any post about it : (
This is not going to fit any standard enail coils, as you already discovered. It would work with the DDave Incredible Extraction Contraption.

Although I might not use that with a soldering iron I want to use to solder.

Big_Steve

Soldering stations really really don't like continual operation. They are designed for short bursts of use with a rapid reheat. If you do get it wired up, I'd be keeping a close eye on how hot the power supply components are getting.

Big_Steve,

babunja

Soldering stations really really don't like continual operation. They are designed for short bursts of use with a rapid reheat. If you do get it wired up, I'd be keeping a close eye on how hot the power supply components are getting.
Yeah i abandoned the idea

babunja,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
What about the other way round?
I need to solder every couple years and have a PID.
Beside the Chicken and Egg problem (need to solder to make a soldering iron), could I wire a soldering iron to the PID?
Would make one apparatus less in my places.

Probably more of a rhetorical question as cheap stations are available. But are they any good? What to look for?

Thick Vape,
Top Bottom