Upgrade to Honeybird Collector tips - input, feedback, experiences

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
The focus of this thread is the Honeybird nectar collector, and specifically to changes made to the tips (ceramic, quart, Ti) available for it.

I picked up a kit from a forum member, and I really like it. Instead of one of each tip, I have no quartz, so I went to the home site to see about ordering one; there I learned about the changes mentioned.

The initial design has a threaded metal collar permanently attached to the tip itself; the upgrade has replaced those one-piece tips with a new design, the “stinger”, which seems to separate the threaded collar from the bare tips (which were formerly attached by glue). Unfortunately, thee is NO guidance, or any kind of diagram or demonstration of how the new stinger design operates in action.

I’m hoping there someone here who has navigated this impasse and can vouch for the functionality and ease of use involved in going with a quartz stinger. Original design quartz tips are “out of stock” - which could be the new permanent state.

I’ve had no problem with the original-issue TI & ceramic tips...I just want to try the quartz...but these days, $20 is a lot to blow on a whim. That’s why I’m looking for first- (or even second-) person reports. TIAfor all assistance!

ClearBlueLou,
Top Bottom