Update Vapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Jones

Happy and healthy new year to all of you. I haven't really been here in a while. I see that there are many more offerings now than two years ago. I've done my best to read the various threads, but the volume of information is a bit daunting. I currently use the Volcano, the Purple Days, and the MFLB (mostly the latter two). I am wondering if I should upgrade one or more of these. The Cloud and the ThermoVape particularly caught my attention. I'll provide some info about me and a few dislikes of the current devices.

I use these vapes as a patient. I want to have as healthy vapor as I can get. I want, at least, one very stealthy, easy, and dependable portable unit and one dependable home unit that provides the cleanest vapor, but without a lot of noise or needed attention to cleaning. I usually have the portable available when necessary. When home, I mostly use the PD (1-3 bowls in the evening).

I rarely use the Volcano. Although the Vapor seems very clean tasting, compared to the PD it's too much hassle (time, clean up, etc.) and makes too much noise. Perhaps I'm just not a fan of bags.

The PD was a godsend. It keep it on 24/7, so it couldn't be easier. Once you get to know it, the unit provides very reliable dosing for a patient. It's also reliable in that I've dropped it, and it keeps on ticking. On the other hand, I had to replace the electrical cord/transformer, and have had to tape the new cord in because the size isn't quite right. In addition, the unit is starting to show it's age -- seems that over time, some herbs fall, toast, smell, and stink up the vape. Perhaps I should have cleaned it more often, but that's water over the bridge. Also, the vapor after the first hit can taste . . . not so fresh.

Not much that I can say about the MLFB that others haven't already said. It's a great little unit. The small size is key. It's suffering from time, like the PD, and from a very ill-advised use of a lighter when no charged batteries were available.

Do any of you have suggestions for me? Feel free to tell me that I already have the best vapes for me or why particular others would be worth checking out. Thanks very much for the help.

Pete Jones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'll chime in, Pete as your usage sounds very similar to mine. We also have similar tastes in that I don't particularly care for bags, and the less cleaning and maintenence the better imo.

If you like your PD, there are some good log options these days. Rick is making some really interesting zaps that I'd like to try someday. Personally, given the demise of the PD, I snatched up a couple little-used PDs for when my current one meets it's eventual demise.

Regarding portables, I pretty much just use my Arizer Solo these days. It's been very reliable and hits really hard for a portable. The Thermo Vape is brand new and looks intriguing to me. I may have to pick one of those up myself.

:2c:

Stu,

darkrom

Great Scott!
If you liked the PD I'd suggest the Underdog Vape as a nice alternative. Apparently (Never had a PD) it hits harder and WAY less restrictive air flow. They have a few "lost dogs" which are slight cosmetic blemishes left in stock while they last for $150 shipped too.

Thermovape has me really interested as a battery powered portable as well, but after the Arizer Solo experiences I've had I'll be waiting for a few more reviews because the solo was something I really really regret owning or ever even using. Some people love them like Stu (who is a member I trust/respect here) but my 2 had LOTS of problems, and it seems there may be hot plastic in the air path. I simply wasn't pleased, but some are. I personally want something I trust 100%. My vote is wait for the Thermovape or try it out if you are in a rush.

I just picked up the Gn0me all glass lighter based vape, but won't have time to try it out until at least tomorrow. It is really inexpensive, so there is not much to lose by giving that one a shot, but lets see how it goes tomorrow.

darkrom,

Bouldorado

Check out the PD thread and try the "shuttlecock" screen modification. I no longer have a PD, but that substantially improved airflow. Also, if your MFLB is in poor condition, you should warranty it, provided of course, that magic flight hasn't changed their policy.

Bouldorado,

max

Out to lunch
Bouldorado said:
if your MFLB is in poor condition, you should warranty it, provided of course, that magic flight hasn't changed their policy.
Their policy is to cover customer screwups, not customer sabotage. If you use the vape with flame instead of battery, I don't think you should expect the company to replace it.
Pete Jones said:
The PD was a godsend. It keep it on 24/7, so it couldn't be easier. Once you get to know it, the unit provides very reliable dosing for a patient. It's also reliable in that I've dropped it, and it keeps on ticking. On the other hand, I had to replace the electrical cord/transformer, and have had to tape the new cord in because the size isn't quite right. In addition, the unit is starting to show it's age -- seems that over time, some herbs fall, toast, smell, and stink up the vape. Perhaps I should have cleaned it more often, but that's water over the bridge. Also, the vapor after the first hit can taste . . . not so fresh.
If you like this type of vape, I'd recommend the new CRZ zap, or the HI, which now offers variable voltage for the power supply.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom