1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Up & Coming Artists

Discussion in 'Glass' started by FlyingLow, Jul 14, 2014.

1. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

There are a million glass blowers out there, many talented artist willing to earn your dollar.

Who is hungry?
    Who is coming up?
    Who is blowing up?
    Who should we be watching, and who is the best of the best of the new artists?

Talk glass, talk art, talk pricing, talk business practices, talk whatever you want.
    Anything is game and everything is relevant info.
  2. blankrider

blankrider Well-Known Member

OK so I am not going to say who the blower is at the moment... But once I actually am holding the glass I will start a new thread for him.

All I can say is that after all the problems that people have been having getting Cory to respond or send them what they paid for I had enough. People keep defending him and making up excuses like they know the guy or are his public relations team. All this bullshit is somehow excused by the fact that he is offering a decent recycler for a decent price of $150

Like stated by @FlyingLow , there are many glass blowers out there. If you think Cory is the only one who can make a recycler with good vortex for $150 you are dead wrong.

I went on the hunt and found an artist I believe can handle our needs while maintaining a level of communication and RESPECT.

I have explained what we are looking for and gave him plenty of examples. I made drawings and tagged him to check out different more expensive pieces that we crave. I bugged him to the point that he told me to chill out and let him make me something. If I like it then I pay and if I don't I move on. I could not be happier with that response. Art is not something that you dictate like I was trying to. I apologized for being such a spaz and left him alone. 2 days later I get a text saying that he is going to start and what joint size would I like. Then less than 5 hours later received a picture of my piece in progress!

He also has an email for those who prefer that option.

I will post pictures he sent me when I get home from work

Edit: Got home early. What do you guys think? I stressed the need for larger size than oil rig with more diffusion, wide base, and low down joint to keep the vape at a reasonable height. Also that it needs to vortex for days lol
    [​IMG]

Why won't anyone else talk in here? You guys are making me double post! Come on people!

When you all start talking I will post new update picture of the recycler
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  3. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

LOL! I'll tell you it looks awesome!

You "get it". There are a thousand glass blowers out there, certainly someone is going to step up to serve this market.

Glass looks great and it is refreshing to see he has an email address.
    DieHard, blankrider and BoogerMan like this.
  4. BoogerMan

BoogerMan Well-Known Member

That recycler looks nice! Gridded uplines are amazing percs! The recycling chamber looks like it will vortex wonderfully and I really like the ring on the mouthpiece stem right above the recycling chamber.

I'm getting a triple klein incycler made for me at a price that I never thought I would be able to get one for - all credit goes to @PoopMachine for hooking me up with this blower - I will post the artist once things are said and done like @blankrider is doing. I will post here once I see some progress pics :)

Just to tease everyone my incycler should be similar to this Earl jr one but hopefully for half the price :) I think Earl sells his for around $700-800 if I recall correctly lol

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  5. farscaper

farscaper Fcc [CENSORED]

check out Oil Glass Contraptions. he is always looking to sell and I know he does good deals I just havnt ever money.

does a very functional klein.
    lazylathe and GrilledGoat like this.
  6. blankrider

OK since some people besides @FlyingLow decided to speak up I will post an update picture. Things are looking good and I feel as though I am being given the royal treatment compared to what I have read about the Cory transactions.
    [​IMG]
    ovrez, GrilledGoat, flotntoke and 9 others like this.
  7. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Nice! I love the extra swagger he added to the downstem:cool:
  8. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

Nice!

I'm curious - would that piece also work for a vape? Or does it provide too much diffusion and remove the flavor? I don't think it should with only that one inline perc

I'm certainly going to watch out for that new thread..... might be one of the first few customers to actually take a leap if the first few results are good.

.....And just maybe this blower won't ship his glass in a padded envelope :lol:
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  9. blankrider

I am hoping for it to be the perfect vape recycler. I asked for it to be larger with more diffusion and female joint. I plan on using it with my E-nano. It looks like there are about ten slits so it should offer optimal diffusion while still maintaining good flavor.

I am definitely going to discuss bombproof shipping with this artist but even though I have not said a word yet I can guarantee that he was not going to ship it in a envelope
    BoogerMan, FlyingLow and Ratchett like this.
  10. sasNW

sasNW SmartVape all day

Looking sweet! Do you know how many holes in that perc? Looks like a bit more diffusion then I would prefer, but other then that I'm diggin it
    blankrider likes this.
  11. syrupy

syrupy reitcello - it's what's for breakfast

I love those "cooling fins" under the female joint. And look how fat that bridge support is. Good foot too.
  12. blankrider

I think that it is about ten holes which is what I asked for. I am sure that you could ask for less. He has been easy to work with and good at following the directions I gave while still giving it his own artistic flare

I cannot wait to hear from him next. Probably later today
    BoogerMan, sasNW and Ratchett like this.
  13. Ratchett

I hope you warned him he might have more orders coming soon!
    flotntoke, BoogerMan and blankrider like this.
  14. blankrider

I promised him more business if he came through and he definitely seems to be doing just that so I really hope you guys order from him and don't make me a liar lol
    BoogerMan, tepictoton and Ratchett like this.
  15. Ratchett

I probably won't order for at least a month or two, but I am certainly keeping an eye on this thread and any new threads
    blankrider and BoogerMan like this.
  16. sasNW

sasNW SmartVape all day

Any idea when we can see a function vid?
    215z likes this.
  17. tepictoton

tepictoton Well-Known Member

And a name:p
    215z and sasNW like this.
  18. blankrider

I got a picture message of finished product this morning! Now all that is left is to discuss bombproof shipping and pay him through PayPal
    [​IMG]
    Stop asking who is the artist. It is a secret until it arrives safely. Then I will start repping him hard and hopefully you guys order from him
  19. farscaper

farscaper Fcc [CENSORED]

Seren, 215z, BoogerMan and 4 others like this.
  20. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

farscaper likes this.
  21. sasNW

sasNW SmartVape all day

Good call @farscaper !!! Damn that octopus recycler on the top left is bad ass:rockon: Sick work on the bases too, following him now for sure
    BoogerMan, blankrider and farscaper like this.
  22. GSH

GSH On a Möbius plane

Looks really nice @blankrider! Can't wait to see how it functions, I would maybe get the perc higher up in the can and with a few less slits for a bit less diffusion, but love the style...
    BoogerMan, sasNW and blankrider like this.
  23. blankrider

I specifically asked for perc lower in the can and for more diffusion. I am so happy how closely he followed my directions. I am confident that he could make whatever changes you may need
    215z, BoogerMan, sasNW and 1 other person like this.
  24. GSH

GSH On a Möbius plane

Thanks man, keeping an eye on this :D
    blankrider likes this.
  25. blankrider

I am really digging this. It is like a cross between Dave Strobel and Mako

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors