(UNVERIFIED) Skinny by Storz & Bickel

jbm

have plenty of on demand vapes and I love them as well, but people who bust on this just because it is a session vape…fine, this isn’t the vape for you, luckily there are many others that will meet your expectations
This. Think AND rather than OR. I’d rather see more people vaping by any means, whether it’s an S&B product or a TM2, or God forbid a PAX. There should be room in the market for any and all. I weary of the “Your favorite band still sucks” syndrome that I sometimes see here. It’s not that I think there isn’t room for criticism of any vape; there actually could stand to be more of that here, rather than the love/hate extremes.

Last edited:

seki

Yeah, but my point is that heat up, it is pretty irrelevant... a separate distinction... The definition for on demand style vaping, is user control of the heat extraction process...
The first part of your statement I don't necessarily agree with. I think the heat up time of an on-demand device is very relevant as it needs to be fast in order to support the second part of your statement, which is user control of the heat extraction. Without a quick heat up, it won't be able to go at a moment's notice or on demand, at least when we're discussing portables. I see your point though, it is ultimately user control that defines the process. I'm realizing that part of the problem for me here is that I basically treat all of my devices like one-hitters regardless of type so I kind of conflate one-hitting with on demand vaping as they share a lot of the same characteristics.

I think you can make a case for devices like the TA or Anvil not really strictly fitting into either category, but that's another discussion altogether.

What is bizarre to me is this follows speculation about a very specific kind of session device that would, in your opinion, effectively redefine the category
I don't quite follow what you mean. In several posts I've stated that a "New developed heating technology" is mentioned by S&B in the teaser videos. I've put forth both the possibility that this could potentially mean, but is obviously not limited to: improved software development capability as mentioned by Jurgen Bickel as one of the benefits S&B has realized from being acquired by Canopy Growth. This could potentially lead to more efficient energy use, better temperature stabilization and more efficient heating cycles. It could also potentially mean a new design that could be using a different material for the heating matrix which is what I initially assumed, or it could be neither. At the end of the day, my speculation is based on the stated fact that there definitely has been something that has changed with what is basically a staple of the entire product line and at the very least we can assume that in some way, the heater will be different from the ones found in every other S&B device that came before it.

In responding to @Shit Snacks, I was trying to illustrate that in addition to the "heater technology" change all we really know about the device is the name, how it looks and that it won't have removable batteries. The example I gave was flawed given my perspective on on demand vaping, but my point about the negativity in the two threads towards the device being based on very little concrete information still applies, IMO. This'll all be moot an a couple of hours anyway and people will actually be able to formulate an opinion based on something other than their feelings about S&B and their previous products.

seki,
Reactions: DadaBoo

Jojofernz

So wait. It’s actually releasing today?

I thought it was just a presentation announcing it?

But everyone keeps talking like people will be buying and using it today?

Jojofernz,

Pukka

staircase slight of hand

So there’s literally no difference between the Medic and non-Medic versions of the devices themselves (at least none that S&B are willing to acknowledge), aside from the device being subject to different QA/QC steps during manufacturing.

Pukka

So there’s literally no difference between the Medic and non-Medic versions of the devices themselves (at least none that S&B are willing to acknowledge), aside from the device being subject to different QA/QC steps during manufacturing.
I believe that the upper range, temperature wise, is reduced some relitively small amount (sorry, can't remember how much) like 5-15°F. And it says Mighty Medic instead of Mighty on the front iirc. Otherwise the same device.

Pukka,

twain55

**Multiple deletions of several members posts. Love reading varying opinions but want to keep product thread more product focused and a little less argumentative. Not all posts deleted were unwanted/warranted but again an attempt to keep product threads more on track. There are other forum areas for debate.**
I haven't read every post but wondering why you left this one?
Y'all motherfuckers need Jesus. Or at least y'all need to smoke another bowl and chill the fuck out. Let folks who are stoked on a new thing be stoked on a new thing. Take your gatekeeping and go shit on someone else's parade.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I haven't read every post but wondering why you left this one?
Probably since it was one of the folks trying to calm down the slap fight (at that point folks were VERY heated). Also it’s frankly some sage advice in general

Octavia,

Jojofernz

Ok so the “medical” designation that people seem to tout as a big deal, hardly means anything for these devices for normal consumers, and it’s only a specific version of the device?

I was under the impression it was all the devices that were medical.

Well thanks for the information! Look forward to hearing more in the next 20 minutes on this Ventilator

Jojofernz,
Reactions: simba
You can buy it now for $450

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Am I misreading or does this one have swappable batteries? Not much else exciting, but the quicker heat up seems nice

Octavia,

RedZep

Easily the best best portable electronic session vape. But wow that price. Also it's quite a big boy. Maybe even more difficult to pocket than a mighty. Didn't think that was possible.

I can see some waiting for this to go on sale and snagging one. I think buying one at RRP is a brutal waste of money compared to other vapes you could buy. That's just my opinion though. Please don't freak out

MDude

Easily the best best portable electronic session vape. But wow that price. Also it's quite a big boy. Maybe even more difficult to pocket than a mighty. Didn't think that was possible.

I can see some waiting for this to go on sale and snagging one. I think buying one at RRP is a brutal waste of money compared to other vapes you could buy. That's just my opinion though. Please don't freak out
Exactly , that price is ridiculous. If it was half that I would probably buy one eventually.

Pukka

So, it's a slightly better Mighty for $450. I was hoping for more.
Given the shape I wasn't expecting 18650s, I was hoping for 3 or 4S packs. The rest sounds kind of interesting, heat varied by how hard you hit it could be a game changer. It kind of reminds me of a cross between a Mighty and Crafty. Still think it's ugly. And $450usd 🤯

twain55

Probably since it was one of the folks trying to calm down the slap fight (at that point folks were VERY heated). Also it’s frankly some sage advice in general
Calling people "motherfuckers" is ok with you? And bringing in religion? Maybe its in jest, but either way it should have been removed with other posts.

twain55,

Orvaxxx

I am gonna hold out on this one for now, got a Firewood on the way and exited for the Tempest.
So no funds for this.

Orvaxxx,
Top Bottom