(UNVERIFIED) Skinny by Storz & Bickel

potatobass

There is something cult-like about some of the comments i’m seeing here, on Reddit and on IG.

So much “I dont care what the product is I just want it!” Mostly from people who already own Mightys and Crafty. Why?

I dont hate any S&B product. I see them as the kings of the simple but boring vapes. Sometimes you need that. If this is their attempt at a more budget friendly device I think I’ll get it.

I do hate the corporate big company style S&B is on. I cringe everytime I see Jurgen Bickel or any form of S&B advertising. They are so out of touch with their consumers it’s crazy. And they OBVIOUSLY pay ALL the famous vape reviewers (Troy, Jerry etc.). Their whole vape influencer retreat they did is the most gag-inducing PR stunt I have witnessed.

The number of meaningless buzzwords and empty hype for this vape makes me think it’s just the same ol’ bag of nothing like every release from them the last decade
This exactly.

I have plenty of reason to be doubtfull about the Venty being a good value for money , as I consider that the Mighty+ does not perform well in that regard and S&B has an history of making big anouncement for minor improvement (from the "+" series , to every Volcano color iterations)...
And i really hope that I'm wrong...

And people make fun of the critics about the look.....but the fact that it looks like that is actually a problem for people who lives in country where weed is illegal:
I have used Pax , Xmax V3 , Dreamwood Glow , and even Tinymight in clubs (bouncers just assume they are fancy ecig)... but the Mighty draws a lot of unwanted attention. The Venty might be even worst in that regard.

smith.street.band

This is infuriating to me:

“Boost it to the limit” - Boost mode, nothing interesting or new

“Standing out” - It can stand. Wow. Groundbreaking engineering.

“Fast and Everywhere” - USB C. Anything else would be stupid.

“Know how” - S&B calling themselves the best.

“Certified” - yeah yeah we know. Medical license.

“Precise” - LED display. Like the 10 year old Mighty.

“Unparalleled taste”. Debatable. Unparalleled throat tickle.

“Connectivity” - Bluetooth. Because that’s always what everyone asks for.

“Portable” - It sure is but who wanna be seen with this thing?

It took them 10 days to reveal that nothing new is coming

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
There is something cult-like about some of the comments i’m seeing here, on Reddit and on IG.

So much “I dont care what the product is I just don't want it!” Mostly from people who don't own Mightys and Crafty. Why?
Fixed it for you :)

Seriously though, IF this cult of yours does exist, then there is most certainly a second cult in existence that won't touch anything from S&B.

I think that's called having a preference.

budski

cantre member
actually, you're right, I don't buy expensive life enhancing tools that I don't like to look at, and I have others that look nice, feel nice in the hand, fits in my pocket, costs less and works just fine for the lightweight sipper that I am.
I've used a volcano before and found it a fussy piece of industrial equipment and a good way to sell bags.
ok I'll shut up now back to your regularly scheduled fawning.

Last edited:

Glorg

I’m interested. Not sure why everyone is so extreme it’s just another vape to choose from, looks better in hand then their previous designs albeit not as cool looking as some wood vapes, then again the new firewood is wood and incredibly ugly so wood doesn’t mean pretty every time. I’m mostly curious about the heat up time and battery life before making any real opinion on it.

Razhumikin

Its always weird to me when people get mad at others for pointing out things they dont like about a vape... on fc. This is a hobbyist forum, discussing what we like and dont like about specific vaporizers is literally the whole point of being here. Would you really rather people only talk about positives about all the vapes on here, if so, what would be the point of coming onto fc in the first place?

ruint

Curious what makes a device qualify as “medical” in the dry-herb vape world.

And if it actually means anything other than a marketing scheme to push it on users and justify high prices.
It's the same MD certification insulin pumps go through. They're also class IIa medical devices in the EU.
There are similar certifications for US/CA/UK. Every device used in a healthcare setting has the same battery of materials and safety tests.
The mighty/volcano medic versions have EM shielding so they are safe to use with a pacemaker, and can be used in hospitals.
Accessories aside, that shielding is the only difference between mighty/+ and mighty medic/+.

This is a summary of the conformity checks, according to the auditors who test s&b's vapes: https://www.tuvsud.com/en-gb/indust...gulation/mdr-conformity-assessment-procedures

-

It looks like the core of naysaying arguments is "I have learned to get better vapor out of manual hobbyist vapes xyz and zyx, making me an expert, and other vapes dross."
The problem with that is pretty simple:
Rating devices by their high watermark is like saying superbikes are better than cars. Maybe for racing drivers?
"I can compensate for what the vape I like doesn't do" does not scale, or improve the product.
Nobody here ships with their favourite manual vape, nor does their mastery of the device's learning curve..
Similar story for ball vapes. Better vapor? sure, if you can dial them in, and deal with the danger of exposed heating surfaces when using a drug that makes you (me) even clumsier.
Sold at s&b scale, the only thing these devices would earn their makers is lawsuits.
IMO the best device is the best compromise between usability and vapor quality.
Manual/Diy/user-tuned vapes are just tarball linux you inhale.

Razhumikin

It's the same MD certification insulin pumps go through. They're also class IIa medical devices in the EU.
There are similar certifications for US/CA/UK. Every device used in a healthcare setting has the same battery of materials and safety tests.
The mighty/volcano medic versions have EM shielding so they are safe to use with a pacemaker, and can be used in hospitals.
Accessories aside, that shielding is the only difference between mighty/+ and mighty medic/+.

This is a summary of the conformity checks, according to the auditors who test s&b's vapes: https://www.tuvsud.com/en-gb/indust...gulation/mdr-conformity-assessment-procedures

-

It looks like the core of naysaying arguments is "I have learned to get better vapor out of manual hobbyist vapes xyz and zyx, making me an expert, and other vapes dross."
Rating devices by their high watermark is like saying superbikes are better than cars. Maybe for racing drivers?
"I can compensate for what the vape I like doesn't do" does not scale, or improve the product.
Nobody here ships with their favourite manual vape, nor does their mastery of the device's learning curve..
Similar story for ball vapes. Better vapor? sure, if you can dial them in, and deal with the danger of exposed heating surfaces when using a drug that makes you (me) even clumsier.
Sold at s&b scale, the only thing these devices would earn their makers is lawsuits.
Ive used the entire S&B line, how many artisan vapes have you used? You act like they are all sooooo difficult to use, but they are usually pretty dead simple. Basically anyone can use the vast majority of vapes, and there are plenty of desktop options with no exposed heating surfaces that produce much better vapor than any S&B device at a fraction of a cost. I mean, using a log is significantly simpler than using a mighty, costs less, and requires less maintenance. You dont have to be a genius to vape lol, and its really not that hard or dangerous, but you would know that if you had actually tried any of the vapes you are so vehemently denouncing.

To me, it really seems that you are defending S&B so vociferously because thats what you have, and you are really invested in the idea that you already have the best thing. But pride is a fool's fortress, and the only thing you accomplish by burying yourself in a cave of your own satisfaction is a lack of awareness of the reality in which you live (and vape).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jojofernz

-

Plenty of other vapes exist that aren’t hard to dial in artisan vapes or ball vapes that are cheaper and perform right out the box just like a mighty. And in some opinions, better than the S&B products.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

But isn't it interesting that the most popular cannabis consumption method is smoking a joint, which literally has a 1000+ degree exposed heating element on the end :brow:

seki

I’m interested. Not sure why everyone is so extreme it’s just another vape to choose from, looks better in hand then their previous designs albeit not as cool looking as some wood vapes, then again the new firewood is wood and incredibly ugly so wood doesn’t mean pretty every time. I’m mostly curious about the heat up time and battery life before making any real opinion on it.
I totally understand the criticisms leveled at the company and products but I agree, I don't understand the extreme reactions to what amounts to just another option available to people.

Its always weird to me when people get mad at others for pointing out things they dont like about a vape... on fc. This is a hobbyist forum, discussing what we like and dont like about specific vaporizers is literally the whole point of being here. Would you really rather people only talk about positives about all the vapes on here, if so, what would be the point of coming onto fc in the first place?
I get the skepticism but outside of the name and pictures, we don't have any real information on how it functions, what materials the oven and heater are made from or even the price. Given the experience of users here, I'm sure educated guesses could be made, but I feel like the new heating technology is something that should be clarified before really making any sort of assessment on the device. The "new developed heating technology" could simply mean more efficient software that better handles the temperature fluctuations with their aluminum heater, but it could also mean an entirely new heater using different materials. I think the latter is potentially something significant enough to warrant a closer look.

I see a lot of the device specific criticism as valid for people who rely on one or two devices, but I guess given that I have 100+ vapes, a lot of the concerns like removable batteries and such aren't really that important to me personally. Like wearing a parka during winter or not wearing dress shoes while hiking, I'm going to be taking the vape out of my pile that best fits my circumstances so I see any new device as potentially just another experience I can add to the options I have on hand.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
I agree with this.

That's why I intently listen to everyone's opinion on a vape, the good the bad and the ugly.

I do however have have rules that I follow regarding the aforementioned. The most important one being... the persons I'm listening to must at the very least have used the device. Otherwise its just uninformed noise.

ruint

Im sorry, but this just reeks of ignorance. Ive used the entire S&B line, how many artisan vapes have you used? You act like they are all sooooo difficult to use, but they are usually pretty dead simple. Basically anyone can use the vast majority of vapes, and there are plenty of desktop options with no exposed heating surfaces that produce much better vapor than any S&B device at a fraction of a cost. I mean, using a log is significantly simpler than using a mighty, costs less, and requires less maintenance. You dont have to be a genius to vape lol, and its really not that hard or dangerous, but you would know that if you had actually tried any of the vapes you are so vehemently denouncing.
*edit: added drama
Used and burnt myself on a friend's vaponic with every use.
Yes, it is the same. Being made in a shed is not an on-device feature.

Also 4 uses and 4 burns from a friend's arizer EQ made it clear that I can and will maim myself on anything when intoxicated.

Have also used a blue meanie-like jamjar vape, a mflb clone, verdamper, some grim £30 vaporbrothers style thing from ebay, arizer solo, fury edge, volcano digit, mighty+

I managed not to hurt myself on the verdamper, but did nearly drop it. Fortunately when the coffeeshop owner wasn't looking.
My volcano digit with bowl reducer is my mainstay, despite it starting to fail. Will have had it six years this friday.

I do admit the lamart vapes are gorgeous and tempting, but they are hard to buy, and I would never, ever settle on a configuration.

I will wait for ballvape tech to be consumer ready in something like the angus or endgame labs vape.
I have enough blisters, I don't need to verify that other exposed hot surfaces would also hurt.

NB: do some soul-searching, and keep it about the vapes. There's no need for personal attacks.
If you find nay-saying negative posts disheatening, stop posting them and go to a vapman thread.
Make no mistake, if there's an antagonist here you will find them in the nearest mirror.

Jojofernz

sorry, it's also very pretty.

seriously, it just seems like everyone wants to argue.... maybe it's just me, we'll see.
It just seems like some people can’t handle others voicing their critical opinions about a vape company they have a special attachment too.

Isn’t this a vape forum? Where people who vape discuss and share opinions on available and upcoming vapes?

Isn’t that what people are doing when judging the looks of the vape, and being critical of the lack of innovation?

So they are doing what this forum is about…and then others come along and freak out and start throwing names like Karen and calling them whining bitches, when they are doing what this whole forum is about.

Seems to me the ones being upset about others being critical about the vape are the ones actually stirring up and causing drama. Here and other posts.

If you can’t see this as opinions and start to be personally offended for a giant vape company, maybe you should take a break from forums like this.

seki

Isn’t that what people are doing when judging the looks of the vape, and being critical of the lack of innovation?

Looks are irrelevant to discuss in depth IMO. Some will like how it looks, others won't, it's completely subjective. But I think the assumption that there's a lack of innovation is premature. You may ultimately prove to be correct, but as of now we don't know what materials the oven or heater are made of, exactly what the "new developed heating technology" mentioned in promo videos consists of, we don't know the battery capacity or the price. On top of that, the pics we have don't show a break down of the internals or what the air path is like. Most if not all of the above is pertinent information that most experienced users here will agree is important in assessing a vape's strengths and weaknesses, but we have none of that information available to us.

From that perspective, it certainly seems like people are just repeating the same criticisms they've had for S&B and its previous devices. That criticism is valid IMO, but given that that refrain hasn't changed for the last decade or so, it really doesn't add a whole lot to the conversation and only serves to rile people up.

Top Bottom